Page 76 of 211 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3154

Steve Orlando is doing another QandA on Twitter at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I think it comes off exactly the way they intended
    I just haven't really seen those organizations be as guilty of that as they claim, but that's just me.

Avengers #2 Variant cover by Paolo Rivera

Love is for souls, not bodies.

If they do put them together again (which it seems like is happening) I hope it's not just to pull them apart for drama. They've done that so much. They teased us that they were getting back together several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Superlative art but I don’t like the way her powers are depicted, her chaos magic should be “primal” and “thick”, almost monolithic, ……that style in the cover makes me think of the key of solomon with celestial and orderly magic
    Last edited by Daedra; 03-23-2023 at 02:32 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just haven't really seen those organizations be as guilty of that as they claim, but that's just me.
    Its a meta-critique of the whole powerful mad woman archetype, they just play it more literally for comedic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    To be fair Hulk is one of the few characters where it's basically built into the character. Nobody wants to be around the green rage monster. That's his thing.
    That being said that are tons of characters who have equally if not more destructive or insidious uses for their power and they don't even give you are warning by turning into monster first and yet everybody is just fine with them. It just requires a heavy amount of suspension of disbelief.
    This does make me think that women aren't necessarily treated worse than male characters who similarly go off the deep-end. Its just the male characters have an easier time to bounce back because they are more likely to have a book.

Like Wanda after the whole No More Mutants thing tended to disappear for long stretches of time, meaning she becomes more defined by her madness. Because she doesn't have her own book to allow her to properly deal with her actions and bounce back, she's unfortunately left to fester as everything about her soon becomes about her being crazy.

See? I told you so. Orlando was just diplomatic in his answers but it was kinda obvious that Wanda/Jericho had no future.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    To be honest I really like young Agatha. Excited to see what she has in store.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Superlative art but I don’t like the way her powers are depicted, her chaos magic should be “primal” and “thick”, almost monolithic, ……that style in the cover makes me think of the key of solomon with celestial and orderly magic
    It does remind me of the MCU sorcerers who also summon those kind of discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its a meta-critique of the whole powerful mad woman archetype, they just play it more literally for comedic effect.

This does make me think that women aren't necessarily treated worse than male characters who similarly go off the deep-end. Its just the male characters have an easier time to bounce back because they are more likely to have a book.

Like Wanda after the whole No More Mutants thing tended to disappear for long stretches of time, meaning she becomes more defined by her madness. Because she doesn't have her own book to allow her to properly deal with her actions and bounce back, she's unfortunately left to fester as everything about her soon becomes about her being crazy.
    I mean they managed to wreck Carol in Civil War 2 despite her having a book. Let's be real. If they want to wreck someone they will find a way. Just look at current Beast who is basically a maniac supervillain at this point.
    "This is me being reasonable"

The lack of bounce back is the way that female characters are treated worse. Because they are just treated like throwaway. Also often in men's stories they are a part of the narrative and have autonomy. In women's stories they often can be treated as objects. In Wanda's case she was never treated like a fully realized character through AD/HoM and then was just thrown away like she never mattered. Despite her being a mainline Avenger for so long and having lead a couple teams.

I wish young Agatha wasn't such obvious synergy bait because I like that design a lot.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The lack of bounce back is the way that female characters are treated worse. Because they are just treated like throwaway. Also often in men's stories they are a part of the narrative and have autonomy. In women's stories they often can be treated as objects. In Wanda's case she was never treated like a fully realized character through AD/HoM and then was just thrown away like she never mattered. Despite her being a mainline Avenger for so long and having lead a couple teams.
    Thats a good point yeah. Especially on being treated like an object, Wanda more often is basically a person macguffin like she in the Children's Crusade.

Like Iron Man went through a whole God arc where predictably he goes crazy and has to be stopped, but at least it ends with him owning up to his faults and trying to make things right. Other characters don't get that opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I mean they managed to wreck Carol in Civil War 2 despite her having a book. Let's be real. If they want to wreck someone they will find a way. Just look at current Beast who is basically a maniac supervillain at this point.
    In fairness Carol gets just enough favoritism that they totally ignore how she was in CW2 afterwards and treat her as normal.

Thats a good point yeah. Especially on being treated like an object, Wanda more often is basically a person macguffin like she in the Children's Crusade.

Like Iron Man went through a whole God arc where predictably he goes crazy and has to be stopped, but at least it ends with him owning up to his faults and trying to make things right. Other characters don't get that opportunity.

In fairness Carol gets just enough favoritism that they totally ignore how she was in CW2 afterwards and treat her as normal.
    I think this is something comics are trying to get better with these days. At least it seems that way so far.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-23-2023 at 10:49 PM.

Looks like just the Annual for June!