Page 181 of 211 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3154

I hate the becomes one with the Scarlet Witch bs in the MCU. Like Scarlet Witch was an evil entity and not simply her title she owned because of the persecution she faced.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    This tweet has two concept arts for Multiverse of Madness:

https://twitter.com/MarveIFacts/stat...29838800347402

It reminds me that it could always be worse. A lot worse.
    Glad we avoided this.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Most people actually see it as awesome and a missed opportunity. I somewhat agree since we are talking about corruption here. Of the demonic kind at that. Wanda isn't someone random either. She is the Scarlet Witch. A goddess basically. This is especially noteworthy since other media has toyed with the concept of it.

But it's not something that makes me lose sleep because

1. Concept art is cheap and has no limitations. You can make the wildest concepts possible. That isn't difficult. Actually translating it into a finished product is. Especially while doing it while a pandemic is going on on a scale that most of current humanity never witnessed before.
    2. Every media is different and has their own quirks and traits. Just because it all has comic book stuff doesn't change that. I see people complaining about why Iron Man or Ant-Man constantly take off their helmets. Because these are real people and they are actors and studios pay them millions of dollars to do exactly that. Show me the person who would seriously suggest burying an actress like Elizabeth Olsen who is so emotive under tons of prosthetics and cosmetics that would get in the way of her acting.

It's really not all that complicated.
    I don't see it as looking worse, but it'd have still been the same bad story. They just should have never tried to shove her story into Strange's movie. It did neither of them a service.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    This tweet has two concept arts for Multiverse of Madness:

https://twitter.com/MarveIFacts/stat...29838800347402

It reminds me that it could always be worse. A lot worse.
    If Marvel ever wants to make a comics-accurate adaptation of Lilith, Mother of Demons, this is the way to do it.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hate the becomes one with the Scarlet Witch bs in the MCU. Like Scarlet Witch was an evil entity and not simply her title she owned because of the persecution she faced.
    Nah. The MCU is cooking with that. Scarlet Witch being a legendary title with some real relevance and mythos behind it is the best thing ever opposed to it being a random thrown-in title.

“This is a place where, in the past, The Scarlet Witch had been revered as a goddess. It had this very religious overtone, like an ancient catacomb.”

— Production designer Charles Wood on Mount Wundagore

Meanwhile in comics
    - She is called Scarlet Witch but actually isn't a witch haha
    - Scarlet Witch is a legacy title

Nostalgia is a powerful thing and people can like what they like but this is a topic I feel very strongly about.

"Sorcerer Supreme" is a title with relevance and mythos and Strange is the one who is generally associated with it though others can hold it too like Clea recently did.
    "Scarlet Witch" is a title that equally demands respect and makes her know throughout the mystical world and nobody besides Wanda can ever hold the title since it's intrinsically tied to her as a person. You cannot earn it since they are no trials or anything and there is nobody who can grant you that title either. Even if you manage to copy Wanda you will never be the real deal.

That's how I want it and that's thankfully what we have been getting. And while it might be misplaced, I have confidence that Marvel doesn't mess up this obvious winning recipe that has proven to be very popular.

WandaVison also got another win in in a different way. The Steam 20th Anniversary page references a lot of popular memes and the Agatha winking meme managed to sneak in.

"This is me being reasonable"

Nah. The MCU is cooking with that. Scarlet Witch being a legendary title with some real relevance and mythos behind it is the best thing ever opposed to it being a random thrown-in title.
    I don't see where this is that at all. Because it just became some evil entity. There's nothing legendary about it. Only a couple people even knew it existed. It provided zero asset to Wanda. And the story along with it made no sense. But sure, she can slay. Go boss B!

I don't like the legacy title nonsense either. That's also pretty new and never made sense.

- She is called Scarlet Witch but actually isn't a witch haha
    She's more of one in comics than in the movies lol! She was actually trained in comics. In the show she's taught about runes. Oh wow!
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 09-14-2023 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    If Marvel ever wants to make a comics-accurate adaptation of Lilith, Mother of Demons, this is the way to do it.

It does look way more like Lilith than Wanda when she was corrupted by Chthon in comics.

The Kickstarter page for the Marvel Art of David Nakayama is now online.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...srtwitter_read

Wanda makes the cover for 3 of the 4 available editions

I must admit I haven't paid attention to how successful these kind of things in general are but I was blown away when I saw the amount of money this one has already made and apparently it has only has been online for a few hours with 20 more days to go. So yeah congratutions to Nakayama and everyone else involved.

I don't see where this is that at all. Because it just became some evil entity. There's nothing legendary about it. Only a couple people even knew it existed. It provided zero asset to Wanda. And the story along with it made no sense. But sure, she can slay. Go boss B!

I don't like the legacy title nonsense either. That's also pretty new and never made sense.

She's more of one in comics than in the movies lol! She was actually trained in comics. In the show she's taught about runes. Oh wow!
    I never understood what were they cooking with all the Scarlet Witch as an entity, so how would that work with Chthon if there is a future with her.

The legacy thing is never mentioned again, thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I never understood what were they cooking with all the Scarlet Witch as an entity, so how would that work with Chthon if there is a future with her.

The legacy thing is never mentioned again, thank God.
    I don't think they even planned anything out. Her show ended, and then Waldron took the reigns. Did absolutely nothing with that and now we have to wonder if she'll ever be back.

Sorry to be so blunt but little of what you are writing makes sense. Maybe a rewatch of the material is in order?

Everyone who is well versed in the mystical arts knows who the Scarlet Witch is and those are the ones that matter. A random gang banger doesn't concern himself with magical mumbo jumbo is if that is what you are somehow implying and such a person shouldn't have access to that knowledge in the first place.
    Agatha spent an entire series figuring out what Wandas deal is and as soon as she saw the creation of the Hex in Wandas memories, she knew Wanda is the Scarlet Witch because nobody else is capable of such a feat. Equally Wong who is the Sorcerer Supreme immediately knew about the danger they are in and her capabilities as soon as the Scarlet Witch name was mentioned. There is an entire prophecy about her. There is an entire place about her and there are even beings all about her because they bow to her and follow her commands. That's the very definition of legendary but maybe you just have different definition of the word.

Again not relevant to the topic at hand. Wanda is a being capable of spontaneous creation. The Hex being thousands of spells interwoven into each other. Magic on autopilot in Agathas words and something she has never witnessed before. Like that's literally what makes Wanda into the Scarlet Witch and makes her unique compared to other magic users. It's the entire point and I don't know how that could be missed.

Since Im playing Baldurs Gate 3 currently there is a good DnD example here because there is the sorcerer and the wizard. Both are spellcasters and both obviously get more powerful as they level up and yet they are two different classes. Why? Well her is the definition of a sorcerer:

"Sorcerers carry a magical birthright conferred upon them by an exotic bloodline, some otherworldly influence, or exposure to unknown cosmic forces. One can’t study sorcery as one learns a language, any more than one can learn to live a legendary life. No one chooses sorcery; the power chooses the sorcerer."

This is from an entirely different franchise and yet it literally describes what Wanda is. This is confirmed by the fact that she was casting a spell intuitively as a little kid on the bomb that destroyed her home and killed her parents and she has been doing it all her life without even knowing it. Compare that to Strange, who in DnD terms would be a wizard. He struggled to cast even the most basic spells at first because the entire thing was alien to him. Only after really accepting and fully understanding the teachings that were given to him, he could progress as a magic user.

Wanda can obviously learn to wield her abilities more effectively which is exactly what we have seen since she grew progressively more powerful as time went on but it is not a requirement to even have them in the first place because they are a part of her just like the 5 senses are a part of you, me and everyone else. You didn't need to learn how to see or how to smell, did you? No, you just do those things.
    Last edited by Galerion; 09-14-2023 at 04:56 PM.

I don't think they even planned anything out. Her show ended, and then Waldron took the reigns. Did absolutely nothing with that and now we have to wonder if she'll ever be back.
    I doubt they recast her so yeah nice one Wardon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I doubt they recast her so yeah nice one Wardon.
    I think eventually they will but it'll be after they reboot the universe.

Sorry to be so blunt but little of what you are writing makes sense. Maybe a rewatch of the material is in order?

Everyone who is well versed in the mystical arts knows who the Scarlet Witch is and those are the ones that matter. A random gang banger doesn't concern himself with magical mumbo jumbo is if that is what you are somehow implying and such a person shouldn't have access to that knowledge in the first place.
    Agatha spent an entire series figuring out what Wandas deal is and as soon as she saw the creation of the Hex in Wandas memories, she knew Wanda is the Scarlet Witch because nobody else is capable of such a feat. Equally Wong who is the Sorcerer Supreme immediately knew about the danger they are in and her capabilities as soon as the Scarlet Witch name was mentioned. There is an entire prophecy about her. There is an entire place about her and there are even beings all about her because they bow to her and follow her commands. That's the very definition of legendary but maybe you just have different definition of the word.
    Which equates to Agatha and Wong basically. Even Dr. Strange didn't seem all that acquainted. Hardly the legend.

Again not relevant to the topic at hand. Wanda is a being capable of spontaneous creation. The Hex being thousands of spells interwoven into each other. Magic on autopilot in Agathas words and something she has never witnessed before. Like that's literally what makes Wanda into the Scarlet Witch and makes her unique compared to other magic users. It's the entire point and I don't know how that could be missed.

Since Im playing Baldurs Gate 3 currently there is a good DnD example here because there is the sorcerer and the wizard. Both are spellcasters and both obviously get more powerful as they level up and yet they are two different classes. Why? Well her is the definition of a sorcerer:

"Sorcerers carry a magical birthright conferred upon them by an exotic bloodline, some otherworldly influence, or exposure to unknown cosmic forces. One can’t study sorcery as one learns a language, any more than one can learn to live a legendary life. No one chooses sorcery; the power chooses the sorcerer."

This is from an entirely different franchise and yet it literally describes what Wanda is. This is confirmed by the fact that she was casting a spell intuitively as a little kid on the bomb that destroyed her home and killed her parents and she has been doing it all her life without even knowing it. Compare that to Strange, who in DnD terms would be a wizard. He struggled to cast even the most basic spells at first because the entire thing was alien to him. Only after really accepting and fully understanding the teachings that were given to him, he could progress as a magic user.

Wanda can obviously learn to wield her abilities more effectively which is exactly what we have seen since she grew progressively more powerful as time went on but it is not a requirement to even have them in the first place because they are a part of her just like the 5 senses are a part of you, me and everyone else. You didn't need to learn how to see or how to smell, did you? No, you just do those things.
    Wanda in comics learned traditional magic. She did not however learn much of that in the movieverse. And it's relevant because you are the one that brought it up.

It does look way more like Lilith than Wanda when she was corrupted by Chthon in comics.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.