Page 200 of 211 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    Anyway, MCU Wanda is apparently confirmed to be dead.
    Sad if true. But it wouldn't be surprising. But the ending two major threats being brought to an end is so vague. It could be her link to Chthon and the Darkhold. But it does feel like it's over. Because Liz has had interviews where it does seem like they are done with the character. She'd be happy to come back but no one has contacted her. I think it's a mistake for the studio, but they have made many lately.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 10-31-2023 at 09:48 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Clickbait videos based on vague pronouncements in Marvel's "official timeline" book doesn't really count as confirmation. At the moment she's about as dead as she was between Infinity War and Endgame, maybe even less so.

When and how she comes back, I have no idea and I wonder if even they do, with projects being cut way back as the MCU tries to recover from its current slump. Whatever plan they had for bringing her back post-Agatha may not be in operation any more, and of course Disney is unlikely to greenlight any solo female-led superhero films at all.

Ironically (and sadly), the bad word-of-mouth for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness may have hurt Wanda by contributing to the MCU slump, thereby making it less likely she'll be back any time soon (though obviously other factors are bigger, including the strike).
    John Campea was just answering a question from a caller. The video isn't clickbait.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    John Campea was just answering a question from a caller. The video isn't clickbait.
    It's clickbait because he knows a tie-in book with vague phrasing is not the same as Disney confirming she's dead, but he'll get more clicks if he acts as though the character is confirmed to be dead.

Of course, as I said, it could turn out to be her last appearance if they don't have anything to bring her back in, which with the MCU in the state it's in is sadly possible, but it won't be because a book knew all Kevin Feige's plans in advance. Only he knows whether she's dead or not.

Update: Sorry if I sounded bad-tempered. I feel bad enough about what happened to her in the MCU, especially since the Witch's Road story seems to be done without her in Agatha's upcoming show. However they bring her back (if they do) it feels like they wasted the character.
    Last edited by gurkle; 10-31-2023 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Happy Halloween Wanda fans!

Marvel posted and animation with Wanda in it for Halloween.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1719391384191259051
    Happy Halloween!

That's pretty cool animation.

There is also this with Wanda and Zombie Strange celebrating Halloween together

https://twitter.com/ScarletWitchUpd/...64188613619999
    "This is me being reasonable"

Makes me wish we got more Marvel Animation...

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Happy Halloween!

That's pretty cool animation.

There is also this with Wanda and Zombie Strange celebrating Halloween together

https://twitter.com/ScarletWitchUpd/...64188613619999
    There's something special about McDs on Halloween for me. I use to go there before going trick or treat.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Read the final issue yesterday and it was bittersweet. It wrapped up that arc but it for sure feels like an undercurrent of ideas was just sitting there for another 10+ issues if given the chance.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It’s disappointing how Marvel keeps relaunching books as minis. I think fans would probably be more faithful if the company showed more commitment to their own books. I wonder if the book couldn’t get a sales boost if they made a big deal about the new arc co-starring Quicksilver.
    As it stands, it’s all diminishing returns and I doubt the mini will do well enough to justify relaunching the ongoing. This reminds me of when they cancelled Excalibur to relaunch it as Knights of X and then Captain Britain, each time with lower sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It’s disappointing how Marvel keeps relaunching books as minis. I think fans would probably be more faithful if the company showed more commitment to their own books. I wonder if the book couldn’t get a sales boost if they made a big deal about the new arc co-starring Quicksilver.
    As it stands, it’s all diminishing returns and I doubt the mini will do well enough to justify relaunching the ongoing. This reminds me of when they cancelled Excalibur to relaunch it as Knights of X and then Captain Britain, each time with lower sales.
    I think it's pretty much fact that the constant relaunches lead to faster sales drop after the new #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think it's more like an intermission than turning the book into a mini. Her current run will end, this mini will happen and then her solo is supposed to relaunch sometime next year. I don't like the relaunches either. But the mini won't be replacing her solo book.

Im the only one who expected more from the SW Vol 3?

Like i feel like the writer wasted issues from a character who isn't batman or spiderman and ofc doesn't get ongoings every year

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Im the only one who expected more from the SW Vol 3?

Like i feel like the writer wasted issues from a character who isn't batman or spiderman and ofc doesn't get ongoings every year
    You’re not the only one. I’ve heard that criticism a lot and I agree with it in some ways, especially how Wanda rarely seemed challenged by what happened.

I appreciate Orlando doubling down on Wanda being a good person who is not defined by trauma, because she needed that a lot after what the MCU did to her. But she was portrayed almost as a benevolent goddess when Wanda has never been that type of character.

I feel for the guy because he’s in a position of trying to juggle a lot of impossible fan demands. (How many Marvel books have to appeal both to MCU fans and fans who consider the MCU version a whitewashed Nazi?) But it does feel like something was not quite there even though I thought a lot of it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Sad if true. But it wouldn't be surprising. But the ending two major threats being brought to an end is so vague. It could be her link to Chthon and the Darkhold. But it does feel like it's over. Because Liz has had interviews where it does seem like they are done with the character. She'd be happy to come back but no one has contacted her. I think it's a mistake for the studio, but they have made many lately.
    Feige should be let go if he wants Wanda to die like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I appreciate Orlando doubling down on Wanda being a good person who is not defined by trauma, because she needed that a lot after what the MCU did to her. But she was portrayed almost as a benevolent goddess when Wanda has never been that type of character.
    Even early in Wanda's career she had given the force choke to Electro. She absolutely had moments where when angry as someone she could use her powers in a benevolent way. As far as challenges, he has given her them a little bit. Which is why he's upped the ante with her latest villain. There really aren't a whole lot of challenges for reality warpers but he is trying. A lot of Wanda's battles though are within herself.

He has brought her back to a point that humanizes her and gives her full narrative. Which is great.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's pretty much fact that the constant relaunches lead to faster sales drop after the new #1.
    True. I've not looked in some time at sales data. However, some years ago the data largely supported this with a few outliers. At the time it was Avengers, Amazing and Daredevil showing as the outliers. Those maintained the audience the longest after a relaunch.

It is why I'd rather have Moon Knight #31 instead of relaunch and renamed title. I do think by and large with Jed still on it that it'll hold, still was wanting this volume to just continue.

Pertaining to Scarlet Witch though I'm just going to trade wait the Quicksilver mini now. I'm a casualty on this title.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime