Page 121 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    Oooooo.....and a girls night out story, with Jan, Carol and Lorna!
    I always wanted to do a girls night out story with Wanda, Jan, Carol, Jen and Monica where they all order drinks and Jen is disappointed that she is the only one having alcohol and the others explain why they aren't

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I always wanted to do a girls night out story with Wanda, Jan, Carol, Jen and Monica where they all order drinks and Jen is disappointed that she is the only one having alcohol and the others explain why they aren't
    Why only Jen? I know Carol has some history with alcohol so that's understandable but what about the others?
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Why only Jen? I know Carol has some history with alcohol so that's understandable but what about the others?
    Wanda was revealed to be on medication for Depression so she can't drink (not sure if she still is but it would be part of the scene), Carol is a recovering alcoholic, Jan points out that bad things happen when she gets drunk (Disassembled and Secret Invasion), Monica is one I can't think of an actual reason but she could say that alcohol messes with her powers/energy state. It would then of course have Jen annoyed, saying that the others are no fun. If designed just to be fun scene and a bit of a joke

Wanda was revealed to be on medication for Depression so she can't drink (not sure if she still is but it would be part of the scene), Carol is a recovering alcoholic, Jan points out that bad things happen when she gets drunk (Disassembled and Secret Invasion), Monica is one I can't think of an actual reason but she could say that alcohol messes with her powers/energy state. It would then of course have Jen annoyed, saying that the others are no fun. If designed just to be fun scene and a bit of a joke
    I see. Well I would certainly feel for them. Turns out I also say no to alcohol 99% of the time so I know the whole procedure

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Give it to me.

I do like they have a pretty decent corner box with equal 80’s East & West Coast rosters.

I’d read the hell out of a book with this lineup
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I’d read the hell out of a book with this lineup
    Just needs White Vision (who I actually have a very serious love of).
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

A comic historian friend of mine is writing a book about the Jewish influence on the comic medium, and since I’m Jewish she asked me to write about my favorite Jewish character, why, and what we’d like to see in regards to a storyline that revolves around their Jewishness. Coming from a family where my mother isn’t Jewish, I’ve had issues with coming to terms with my Jewish identity, that stemmed from feeling like an outsider, and never really accepted by my bubbie, made me question who I am, what I am, and where to go from there. Being gay has always been a bigger point of contention with regards to my mothers Christian fundamentalist pov, that’s only become more strained as time went by. So growing up I always gravitated towards my Jewish heritage, of which we never had much exposure to it at my house. My dad was never particularly devout in any religious dogma, although he has taken on more of my mom’s more extremist views, offers little to no help while I was on my path of discovering who I was, what I was, and how my embrace of this side would shape me to the person I am today. I was originally going to choose Wanda as my pov character, with her ties to Magneto, and the lack of interest, despite having a father and son both in the faith, but decided to go with Polaris, just to sidestep the aggravation from X-fans who haven’t let go of the crap Bendis & Quesada did to destroy Wanda for a decade, but also from the Wanda fans who don’t want Wanda to be ethnically Jewish, a mutant, or a daughter of Magneto. I completely understand, but it was this disconnect about Wanda and Magneto that originally drove me to becoming one of her most ardent followers. After Wonder Woman and Kitty Pryde, Wanda is my favorite fictional character in the comics medium, so this connection, this tie, about our shared background, with a need to distance ourselves from our parents because of the trauma we endured, that I found this bond. I’ve decided to write an article for comic-watch to discuss this before Jewish American Month is over. I’d love to share it with you all once it’s published, but I’d rather not deal with anyone’s negativity with regards to it. It’s something that’s going to be a truly deep dive by me.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

I see. Well I would certainly feel for them. Turns out I also say no to alcohol 99% of the time so I know the whole procedure
    Same here, I never touch the booze

Oh my God! Now The Legend of Circe: Circe's Awakening is now available on the Eason's website. Which means my book is now available from the largest Irish book retailer! It now also means I'm going to have to travel and check out as many Easons as I can.

X-Factor shows why Wanda shouldn't drink .

I would love a Girls Night Out Avengers story.

Oh my God! Now The Legend of Circe: Circe's Awakening is now available on the Eason's website. Which means my book is now available from the largest Irish book retailer! It now also means I'm going to have to travel and check out as many Easons as I can.
    Omg! I’m so incredibly happy for you!
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

So Marvel will release an official MCU timeline book
    https://www.amazon.com/Studios-Cinem...s%2C203&sr=8-1

And there have been some previews released and it looks well made. I don't think we have seen that Wanda and Vision image before.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Omg! I’m so incredibly happy for you!
    Thanks. Thankfully I have a few days off next week, so hopefully I can travel around the country and see if I can see my book

So Marvel will release an official MCU timeline book
    https://www.amazon.com/Studios-Cinem...s%2C203&sr=8-1

And there have been some previews released and it looks well made. I don't think we have seen that Wanda and Vision image before.

Yeah, looks like an never before seen image since Wanda is wearing her AOU costume

Yeah, looks like an never before seen image since Wanda is wearing her AOU costume
    The most short-lived costume ever with only a few seconds of screen time.