Page 157 of 211 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3154

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly Wanda should get some mental blocks to prevent her from using those tricks. For her and her fans' sanity.
    No, the writers should get them

No Wanda stuff for my birthday (because I have all the Wanda stuff I want at the moment) but still loads of awesome ladies (and guys)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    No, the writers should get them
    Functionally the same thing. But yeah, writers should stop that.

Extraordinary Member

No Wanda stuff for my birthday (because I have all the Wanda stuff I want at the moment) but still loads of awesome ladies (and guys)
    I like how that chocolate bar is just sitting there.

Honestly Wanda should get some mental blocks to prevent her from using those tricks. For her and her fans' sanity.
    Nope.
    Im sure most fans are happy that a reality warper and character of her caliber is actually doing these kind of things. Quick reminder:

Some of you are so weird when it comes a character using their established powers. You sure someone street or mid-level is not more your jam?

Anyway I love to see that her sons also make her proud once again in that regard

"This is me being reasonable"

I like how that chocolate bar is just sitting there.
    They know I love white chocolate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Nope.
    Im sure most fans are happy that a reality warper and character of her caliber is actually doing these kind of things. Quick reminder:

Some of you are so weird when it comes a character using their established powers. You sure someone street or mid-level is not more your jam?

Anyway I love to see that her sons also make her proud once again in that regard

I would rather not hear "no more".
    And there are like more cooler moves than this creatively bankrupt trick with rather unpleasant historical legacy.
    What does it have to do with being street level? I don't like references to certain stories, I think that's pretty clear?

I prefer structure and limitations, like her No Surrender/Morgan Le Fay quest final move, granted I don't think mouth-sealing is particularly OP but I hate the association than the trick itself.
    And what about weaving Darkhold texts on her skin to use its invulnerability and shit, I like her getting powers based on the resources she has access to, or you just prefer generic fancy magic? If you don't mind me randomly making assumptions like you? You also seem to be content with some pointless titles, more so than the actual story and their weight. Again, bold assumption I know, based on the article you quote.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-30-2023 at 05:32 AM.

honestly why is he bringing that move but not this, this is like my fav thing from the whole HoM event.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I would probably like the lego effect more if not for the association. That being said it has been used several times in a positive/neutral way.
    That being said, they kinda already moved past that effect.
    It's less of a skill/trick, more like an artistic style since the lego effect can be used on all kinds of tricks/spells.

I would rather not hear "no more".
    And there are like more cooler moves than this creatively bankrupt trick with rather unpleasant historical legacy.
    What does it have to do with being street level? I don't like references to certain stories, I think that's pretty clear?

I prefer structure and limitations, like her No Surrender/Morgan Le Fay quest final move, granted I don't think mouth-sealing is particularly OP but I hate the association than the trick itself.
    And what about weaving Darkhold texts on her skin to use its invulnerability and shit, I like her getting powers based on the resources she has access to, or you just prefer generic fancy magic? If you don't mind me randomly making assumptions like you? You also seem to be content with some pointless titles, more so than the actual story and their weight. Again, bold assumption I know, based on the article you quote.
    This entire "association" and "unpleasant legacy" talk is a you problem. We already had that conversation so no need to get into that again. Nothing will change on that front.

As for her powers yes I prefer her as one of the powerful most magic-users around. I don't think that's something out of the ordinary. I mean fans of other powerful characters don't need to justify themselves for that either.
    Also limitations? Power based on resources? That's Dr. Strange or Magik or basically any other magic user you can name. That's not Wanda Maximoff. Being able to break the rules and make the impossible happen is literally what makes her special and sets her apart. Even back in the Hex Sphere days making things happen that shouldn't happen was her thing. Avengers #1 said it correctly:

Wanda doesn't need to make deals with gods or demons for power. She doesn't need artifacts for power. Her power is her own 100% and the same is true for her son Billy in that regard.

Extraordinary Member

Then don't follow up on my comment? You know you don't have the obligation to respond right?

Yeah, it is a me problem and I am voicing my dislike for it, what of it?

Also when did I claim she had to make deals? She is a dark chosen one and her power is granted by a curse/blessing, I personally think it is essence/soul shard of the Elder God, but it doesn't mean her power shouldn't have a structure and mechanic. Like do you think anyone who is not Stephen should do stuff willy nilly? Also you are literally assuming my position and arguing with air.

Her power is resource bound for a long time, early day Wanda suffers fatigue with hex, and Busiek Wanda needs extra juice to pull off high end feats. While I think she should be pretty powerful at baseline, some of her finish move should rely on drawing on hert teammates or other energy sources. No Surrender's ending will be much less impactful if Wanda is not drawing on her fellow Avengers and instead just oneshotting the Challenger willy nilly.
    And why do you think Magik and Stephen work that way lol. Stephen invoke entities, it emphasizes contracts than some universal all purpose reality warping engine that sucks up most type of energy.

What is the next, you are gonna conjure up more points in a vacuum and arguing with yourself?
    If you care so much about what like and dislike to feel the need of following up on one throwaway sentence and assume my position, ask me lol.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 07-30-2023 at 08:04 AM.

I would prefer no more mentioning of "No More..." It's even worse when people (even in-universe) think that just saying those words will do something.

I don't think that should be hard to understand why fans don't want anything that brings up memories of Wanda's worst years in comics. And feats aren't everything with characters. Even considering that, it doesn't need to be referenced for her to be extremely powerful anyway.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Happy Birthday! That's some cool stuff!
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    honestly why is he bringing that move but not this, this is like my fav thing from the whole HoM event.

To be fair she didn't really have a reason to delete something from existence yet so there is that. Especially because it's technically something that is even more final than simply death. Things would have to get really out of hand for Wanda to take these measures. She has no problems with death but only in a last resort kind of way. #6 was a good example there. Wanda did show a reaction to Ganymede killing A'Kro but she didn't bring it up further or condemned her for doing it.

I must say that Namor panel and the Magik one always makes me smile. Such an amount of arrogance and vitriol on display only to get one-shot.
    Where is that last pic from by the way? Can't remember seeing that one before.

Also when did I claim she had to make deals? She is a dark chosen one and her power is granted by a curse/blessing, I personally think it is essence/soul shard of the Elder God, but it doesn't mean her power shouldn't have a structure and mechanic. Like do you think anyone who is not Stephen should do stuff willy nilly?
    No. I have said that people like Wanda and Billy are actually the exceptions and not the rule.

Her power is resource bound for a long time, early day Wanda suffers fatigue with hex, and Busiek Wanda needs extra juice to pull off high end feats. While I think she should be pretty powerful at baseline, some of her finish move should rely on drawing on hert teammates or other energy sources. No Surrender's ending will be much less impactful if Wanda is not drawing on her fellow Avengers and instead just oneshotting the Challenger willy nilly.
    Im simply not a fan of this stuff because it only serves to nerf the character and doesn't even jive with the rest of the universe because most superpowers have no drawback or resources. Captain Marvel, Thor, Storm, Iceman, etc. all have their incredible stated powers and can simply use them whenever and however they see fit and there are zero problems with that. Why should a character like Wanda be exempt from that?
    I have never met someone who was a fan of the fact that using magic aged Wanda in the Robinson run. That element didn't really add anything and it was thankfully dropped and never mentioned again. Just like many weren't fans of the fact that Strange had to eat increasing amounts of disgusting magical food because magic use took a toll on his body. These kind ideas might have some merit on paper but in practice things look different.