Page 2 of 211 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking Happy New Years All 2023!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Happy new year to everyone. It is nice to start the new year with a solo for Marvel's Queen of Chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Happy New Year to all Wanda fans! Let's hope it's a good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    A very happy 2023 to all Scarlet Witch fans.

I resolve to try (I said try) to post less gloom-and-doom, and to post more out-of-context panels.

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post
    Happiest new year to us Wanda fans! I hope Wanda will appear more this year across all media
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Wanda and Fans !
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Just wanna check in, and happy new years my mutuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Happy new year to all the Wanda fans here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Happy New Scarlet Witch Year! It’s good to be a Romani Jew!!
    Indeed it is Heartwarming to See you All Here in the New Year of 2023 for Our Wanda, Indeed a Happy New Years of 2023 to you all and Welcome to the New Thread for the Year, I hope you all Like how it Turned out and Enjoy! =)

Gurkle, you are always a sourse of Wisdom and Caution but more joy then you realized, never count yourself down cause you bring us up just by being you and thanks for that out of context post, got good humor out of it.

Just a Few Days before Here Solo Issue #1 is Launch, It is indeed a Time to be a Wanda Fan seeing her back home Finally! ^_^
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Still my favorite comic book character. Hopefully I can enjoy Orlando's series (haven't been able to enjoy much else of what he's written).

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really hope Orlando explores her Jewish and Romani heritages, especially since he’s Jewish as well. The Jewish erasure going on at Marvel has become quite disconcerting, especially with the rise in anti-Semitic violence and rhetoric around the globe.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    She looks hot.

Extraordinary Member

I really hope Orlando explores her Jewish and Romani heritages, especially since he’s Jewish as well. The Jewish erasure going on at Marvel has become quite disconcerting, especially with the rise in anti-Semitic violence and rhetoric around the globe.
    I don't really think, speaking as a Jewish person (not that that makes me an authority, of course) she has a Jewish heritage to explore. Having a Jewish father doesn't make someone Jewish by most rules, and now he's not their father. It would of course be different if she or Pietro had ever identified as Jewish when Magneto was their biological dad, but they never did.

It would make more sense to explore that with Polaris, though I don't know if she has nver identified as Jewish either.

I recall reading that the script for "Uncanny Avengers" 9 had Wanda respond to a question about her Jewish heritage (kicking off that dumb speech where Remender tries to defend Alex's "don't call me a mutant" speech) but the editor changed it because he pointed out that Wanda had never identified as Jewish. They changed it to "Romani heritage" but that's why there's that inaccurate line describing being Romani as "a religion." It's a holdover from the original version of the line.

I’m Jewish as well, and it’s something I think she should explore. I also think Magneto should become their father again, and become mutants again. I know not everyone agrees with that, and that’s fine. I’m not going to get into with anyone who disagrees, but it’s something I’d like to see her explore with both Wiccan and Magneto. Giving her something to delve into that she’s never really accepted before, and maybe use it as something to move from there. It’s a personal reason for me, because like Wanda, my dad is Jewish, my mom is not, and was never really accepted by my dad’s family never accepted me, despite everything I did to convert. It’s just…an experience I would like to see explored with a character who had a similar background to me.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

They never explored it with her because she had a very cold relationship with Magneto and became Pagan. Which was more related to them bringing her closer to being an actual witch in the 80s. I'm not against them establishing her as being Romani Jewish. It is a legit thing. And is far more likely than Romani Pagan. What floors me is there are people on Tumblr and Twitter that think Marvel ignored that side of her in the MCU, when they never established that side to begin with. The studio didn't do anything different than the comics other than have her played by a gadje actress.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I’m Jewish as well, and it’s something I think she should explore. I also think Magneto should become their father again, and become mutants again. I know not everyone agrees with that, and that’s fine. I’m not going to get into with anyone who disagrees, but it’s something I’d like to see her explore with both Wiccan and Magneto. Giving her something to delve into that she’s never really accepted before, and maybe use it as something to move from there. It’s a personal reason for me, because like Wanda, my dad is Jewish, my mom is not, and was never really accepted by my dad’s family never accepted me, despite everything I did to convert. It’s just…an experience I would like to see explored with a character who had a similar background to me.
    I'm sorry if I sounded dismissive. I have been a little insensitive lately (and condescending, explaining something you knew better than I) and I need to try to do better.

And you're right, even if Magneto is no longer her biological father -- and biology is hardly the most important thing anyway, as Wanda used to point out when considering the Maximoffs her "real" parents -- she has that connection through being his honorary daughter and the honorary mother of a self-described "gay Jewish Avengers fanboy."

Again, I'm sorry for being dismissive. Wanting to see characters reflect our own experience or background is important and I was "gatekeeping" there.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm sorry if I sounded dismissive. I have been a little insensitive lately (and condescending, explaining something you knew better than I) and I need to try to do better.

And you're right, even if Magneto is no longer her biological father -- and biology is hardly the most important thing anyway, as Wanda used to point out when considering the Maximoffs her "real" parents -- she has that connection through being his honorary daughter and the honorary mother of a self-described "gay Jewish Avengers fanboy."

Again, I'm sorry for being dismissive. Wanting to see characters reflect our own experience or background is important and I was "gatekeeping" there.
    I didn’t feel like you were being dismissive, I just felt it’s something I needed to express to help explain why I want Wanda to make a connection to something that I fought so hard to connect with.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Smile

Scarlet Witch Colors
    by JScottColor

https://www.deviantart.com/jscottcol...lors-941089853

I would love to see Wanda look more into her (possible) Irish Roots with Red Lucy and finally defeat the Pastmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I would love to see Wanda look more into her (possible) Irish Roots with Red Lucy and finally defeat the Pastmaster.
    Probably lost canon like her first parents, since it didn't match with other family trees that were explained.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Probably lost canon like her first parents, since it didn't match with other family trees that were explained.
    Well, we STILL don't know who her father was (as of the Robinson run). So it may fit in there. Even if he isn't English, a LOT can happen in 5 centuries.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Well, we STILL don't know who her father was (as of the Robinson run). So it may fit in there. Even if he isn't English, a LOT can happen in 5 centuries.
    True, but I feel like they are either gonna keep that purposely vague or re-instate Mags as the father.