Page 3 of 211 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    True, but I feel like they are either gonna keep that purposely vague or re-instate Mags as the father.
    Given how they handled Trial of Magneto I feel like right now they consider Magneto her only relevant father figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Given how they handled Trial of Magneto I feel like right now they consider Magneto her only relevant father figure.
    And it does seem like Orlando is leaning that way. I think as far as Natalya, they'll have something like Chthon posed as Mags to gain Natalya's trust, and then murdered her. Probably to get a hold of Wanda to make her his vessel. Natalya will probably really be Magda. Or Magda will be the mother of Anya and Natalya the mother of Wanda and Pietro.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Probably lost canon like her first parents, since it didn't match with other family trees that were explained.
    I wouldn't call it lost and as others have said a lot can happen in 500 years, especially when you can't be bothered to do any family research or DNA tests

Art by Jay Ratner

And it does seem like Orlando is leaning that way. I think as far as Natalya, they'll have something like Chthon posed as Mags to gain Natalya's trust, and then murdered her. Probably to get a hold of Wanda to make her his vessel. Natalya will probably really be Magda. Or Magda will be the mother of Anya and Natalya the mother of Wanda and Pietro.
    I would still just go with Wanda's dad being a nobody who was probably possessed by Chthon. Making Mags the dad again means that he murdered Wanda's mum, and that would just open a whole new can of worms. Also why doesn't Wanda just ask her aunt?

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I wouldn't call it lost and as others have said a lot can happen in 500 years, especially when you can't be bothered to do any family research or DNA tests
    In a Roma Jewish family, it'd be really unlikely. Her ancestors on her mother's side would have come from North Western India. For Mags it was central Europe.

I would still just go with Wanda's dad being a nobody who was probably possessed by Chthon. Making Mags the dad again means that he murdered Wanda's mum, and that would just open a whole new can of worms. Also why doesn't Wanda just ask her aunt?
    If it were really Chthon, it wouldn't have been Mags at all. And Orlando could definitely have Marya fill in blanks.

In a Roma Jewish family, it'd be really unlikely. Her ancestors on her mother's side would have come from North Western India. For Mags it was central Europe.
    Red Lucy's kids were raised in France so they could easily make the trip to Central Europe. That's assuming her Dad is Magneto Her biological dad could easily have had Irish/Western European roots.
    Last edited by leokearon; 01-02-2023 at 10:23 AM.

If it were really Chthon, it wouldn't have been Mags at all. And Orlando could definitely have Marya fill in blanks.
    Marya really needs to come back, fill in the blanks and spend more time with Wanda, after all she was the woman who raised her. It's amazing how people keep going on about wanting Magento to be her dad when Wanda's 'mother' is still alive and well.

Red Lucy's kids were raised in France so they could easily make the trip to Central Europe. That's assuming her Dad is Magneto Her biological dad could easily have had Irish/Western European roots.
    I don't know. It feels like a stretch for a character that appeared once 33 years ago. They might take heat too for making Mags' background secretly Irish. People that are known for being Catholic or Protestant.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 01-02-2023 at 12:09 PM.

Marya really needs to come back, fill in the blanks and spend more time with Wanda, after all she was the woman who raised her. It's amazing how people keep going on about wanting Magento to be her dad when Wanda's 'mother' is still alive and well.
    They do need to have at least one mom in her life, and stop killing off moms. But I think Mags is brought up more because her mother is known. The father is not currently.

True, but I feel like they are either gonna keep that purposely vague or re-instate Mags as the father.
    Trial of Magneto was a weak poorly plotted mini and it sold at near Summer crossover event levels.

It was pushed in the first place by publishing from a small X-Factor arc into a series because they were looking at the global receipts from HoM trades and were drooling. They are going to be making north of 100$ a pop off the omnibuses this winter and pre-order sales machine is already cranking up.

While I don't think they will get rid of the Axis retcon until the MCU plays its hand with her Marvel does see them as a real cash cow that they can make money off of even with the retcon still in effect.

I'm tradewaiting the new miniseries but I'm hoping it does well.

For the movies I'd give her a real redemption arc like the TV show Angel. There's also the other variants of her you could.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-02-2023 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Trial of Magneto was a weak poorly plotted mini and it sold at near Summer crossover event levels.

It was pushed in the first place by publishing from a small X-Factor arc into a series because they were looking at the global receipts from HoM trades and were drooling. They are going to be making north of 100$ a pop off the omnibuses this winter and pre-order sales machine is already cranking up.

While I don't think they will get rid of the Axis retcon until the MCU plays its hand with her Marvel does see them as a real cash cow that they can make money off of even with the retcon still in effect.
    I don't think they are deciding on things because of the MCU. Or they'd have changed the Maximoffs again. I think Orlando is doing his own thing here. I just guess that if he does touch on the father subject that'll be Mags because he keeps talking about him.

I don't know for sure if they'll get rid of the AXIS retcon. Anything seems to go on the subject. I'll just read it and hope it's good. Whether the family mentioned are adopted family or become biological.

I don't think they are deciding on things because of the MCU. Or they'd have changed the Maximoffs again. I think Orlando is doing his own thing here. I just guess that if he does touch on the father subject that'll be Mags because he keeps talking about him.

I don't know for sure if they'll get rid of the AXIS retcon. Anything seems to go on the subject. I'll just read it and hope it's good. Whether the family mentioned are adopted family or become biological.
    The writer of Trial of Magneto indicated that going fully into removing the retcon was still off limits as of a year and a half ago due to the MCU. My suspicion is the MCU will greenlit Marvel writers to undo the retcon if they haven't already now when they decide what they are going to do with her live action. That doesn't mean I think they will tell them how to do it or demand the two things fully line up. They will be happy teasing things out and playing it out for awhile before some much-hyped resolution occurs.