Page 32 of 211 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m almost �� positive that all but Monica will be showing up in this book.
    Yeah besides Monica it's not a hot take to think that any of these will show up.

Quote Originally Posted by tranquil View Post
    Yokai Wanda! What a day to be a Scarlet Witch fan
    So apparently this will be it's own book

DEMON WARS: SCARLET SIN #1
    Written by PEACH MOMOKO
    Art and Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    Co-scripted by ZACK DAVISSON
    Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
    On Sale 5/3

The final chapter in the acclaimed DEMON WARS saga, SCARLET SIN will wrap up the latest era of Momoko's bold vision of the Marvel Universe that blends classic Marvel Comics storytelling with traditional Japanese folklore. Since the Momoko-verse was introduced in 2021's DEMON DAYS: X-MEN #1, these timeless tales have transported readers of all ages to a world of magic and adventure. Filled with wondrous versions of the Avengers, X-Men, and more, this unique and spellbinding experience is sure to captivate readers for generations to come!

The yokai are at war, and Mariko Yashida, descendent of the Oni King, has to choose a side. The fates of the spirit world and the human world hang in the balance. But things just got complicated thanks to the appearance of a mysterious yokai with incredible power. This yokai has a scheme of her own, and she wants to paint the world…scarlet.

"When designing Momiji, Demon Wars' version of Scarlet Witch, the first thought that came to mind to represent Scarlet Witch was her anger and betrayal," Momoko explained. "So with this in mind, I was inspired to create her around the Hannya idea. Hannya in Japan is used in Noh theater to represent a woman's anger and jealousy, and these vengeful spirits turn her into a demon."

"In Demon Days, most of my characters, even though many were yokai, were all yokai living in the human world, so they had to 'look human.' But in Demon Wars, the story takes place in the Ikai, the yokai world, so I had more freedom in designing the characters," Momoko continued. "They can be human, animal, or an out-of-this-world creature design. So I had lots of fun designing each character. Demon Wars is coming to an end, and I can't wait to see how readers will react. Thank you!"

I haven't followed this series but I think I did read one issue at least. I really like Peach's art style so there is that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Love the cover wouldn't mind it if Vision, Agatha, Monica and the twins pop up in her solo book
    I could see all the characters turning up at some point.
    Last edited by leokearon; 02-03-2023 at 10:27 AM.

My Dream Avengers team. No prizes for who is the leader

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    If this keeps up, they're going to have to call it 'the big three' lol
    Hehe we can only dream about that and that will honestly remain a dream only. That being said Im content with the niche Wanda has carved out for herself and it's only going to get bigger. It's not talked about often but even getting to have your own brand is already a pretty big deal. That's exactly what Marvel wants to have as much of as they can get. I doubt for example that most people buying Spider-Man stuff have actually read many if any comic stories about Peter Parker but they don't need to. The brand is doing the selling at this point. Just slap him on a t-shirt or something and rake in the cash. Easy. Same with Batman and a few others.

We can be happy that Marvel deems Wanda to be one of the characters with the potential to have something similar going on. The ingredients are there and as far as mainstream audiences are concerned her character archetype is pretty fresh and unique. I mean if she would be another no-nonsense, military, shoot, punch and kick hero we probably wouldn't be having this conservation regardless about the rest of her actual story.

We can only wait and see where it will lead but one thing is guaranteed. It will lead to more things to spend your money on

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    These are all great looking figures, being Assembled, and ready to Avenge under Wanda's leadership!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

25C73A32-AF35-4C10-93D0-A8838176FE96.jpg
    Pichelli giving us some big sis energy
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Hehe we can only dream about that and that will honestly remain a dream only. That being said Im content with the niche Wanda has carved out for herself and it's only going to get bigger. It's not talked about often but even getting to have your own brand is already a pretty big deal. That's exactly what Marvel wants to have as much of as they can get. I doubt for example that most people buying Spider-Man stuff have actually read many if any comic stories about Peter Parker but they don't need to. The brand is doing the selling at this point. Just slap him on a t-shirt or something and rake in the cash. Easy. Same with Batman and a few others.

We can be happy that Marvel deems Wanda to be one of the characters with the potential to have something similar going on. The ingredients are there and as far as mainstream audiences are concerned her character archetype is pretty fresh and unique. I mean if she would be another no-nonsense, military, shoot, punch and kick hero we probably wouldn't be having this conservation regardless about the rest of her actual story.

We can only wait and see where it will lead but one thing is guaranteed. It will lead to more things to spend your money on
    I don't know. I've seen it mentioned that Wanda is on par with Wonder Woman right now. Whether it lasts or not is certainly a question, but right now she seems right up there with the most popular characters. Her stuff is still selling out. Even her comic went to reprint really fast.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    25C73A32-AF35-4C10-93D0-A8838176FE96.jpg
    Pichelli giving us some big sis energy
    Looking good Lorna .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't know. I've seen it mentioned that Wanda is on par with Wonder Woman right now. Whether it lasts or not is certainly a question, but right now she seems right up there with the most popular characters. Her stuff is still selling out. Even her comic went to reprint really fast.
    This is a weird comparison but if this continues she might turn out to be the Harley Quinn of Marvel. I don't mean that they're similar characters but that Harley got a big popularity boost back in the New 52 era and went from being a popular character (since she already had her TV popularity and a solo comic series) to a character popular enough to have her own comics on a regular basis.

It's way too early to tell of course if Wanda can sustain her success.

(Yes, I know X-23 is really the Harley Quinn of Marvel, a character created for a TV cartoon who got so popular she became part of the comics.)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    This is a weird comparison but if this continues she might turn out to be the Harley Quinn of Marvel. I don't mean that they're similar characters but that Harley got a big popularity boost back in the New 52 era and went from being a popular character (since she already had her TV popularity and a solo comic series) to a character popular enough to have her own comics on a regular basis.

(Yes, I know X-23 is really the Harley Quinn of Marvel, a character created for a TV cartoon who got so popular she became part of the comics.)
    This is honestly the 80 Billion ton question going threw my mind the last well literally now 2 years being this rise in Wanda Maximoff’s popularity that lets all be Really Honest, none of us saw coming & no one could have predicted Wanda would be making the footprint she is now.

I have always had Faith in Wanda being an Amazing Character, could be one of the best again(In the Comics mostly needed) & if booked well an at best Steller part of the MCU to at least get her in a better place then she had been, that is all most of us anyone wanted out of the last few years and mostly at best expect cause of all we had been threw seeing her GO threw as a character.

I think of it as overhyped now, but I know some of you were around in the days of 2012-2015 before Wanda’s MCU debut. Any Fan that was a Wanda Fan at that time was SO RARE we all felt alone and isolated at times from the rest of Marvel. To many fans not just on CBR but in many other fandom wholes just could not get past HoM and M-Day, every time Wanda just spoke a word in another book or was talked about in any conversation it was always response with league of, “What about M-Day, What about Dissembles” and it felt for a Very Longtime no matter how hopeful I or others where we knew our Favorite was, Unjustifiably, but was in a Very, Very Deep hole she had to clime out of just to be on a regular basis again.

I think that is the core to the surprise we have as Long-Time Fans of Wanda’s, even me too, we thought it be way less or a pipe-dream to think Wanda Maximoff could have this kind of deep impact on society cause of all the battles we all as Veteran fans had been through. More was about her past Unjustifiability’s than anything else and fans would keep glooming that onto her no matter what medium she was in.

BUT that Changed, I saw less of it as time went on, I saw new fans glomming onto Wanda based more of not just new MCU content but the MCU content was guiding them back to the books. Yea many where going for HoM as a “important” story to read about her, but those fans where not coming back in all rage against her like it had been in the past, it was to them just another story to figure out who Wanda was and what she could do. It is just an entry story to her more classic tales like her life with Vision, her origins and her coming of Chaos Magic powers to name a few.

New fans began changing the game and the biggest change was when Wanda Connected to them on a VERY personal level like no other hero. WandaVision came out at maybe the most critical time It would have, not to give examples cause I rather not, but our World at the start of 2021 was indeed more broken then ever and to many of us were suffering in similar circumstances as Wanda was in the Mental health and challenges of loss and pain. That alone combined with amazing acting and source material stories started the revolution we are seeing today.

Wanda is Becoming More Popular and more loved because of who she IS as a Character, not on hype or coolness for the moment. I can’t tell you how many social posts or topics I have seen, read or got the idea from both in social media and in RL on how Wanda connected to a Fan deep down with how they connected on an emotional level with her.

That this lead to them wanting to know more and more about her and ever reveal just made the rounds around the internet would and just made fans love her more.

That an entire generation of younger would with alternative lifestyle, faith views and ideals are connecting to Wanda cause of how different she is as well.

How many stores I have been to where their like Funko Pops of so many MoM Characters, nearly all of them, but they are always sold-out of Wanda Funko’s, that as well as many other types of merchandise keep flying off the shelves.

Wanda is the talk of the last few years in Video Circles, Comic Shops & Conventions.

I am going to long I know, but I wanted to paint a picture to give more clarity to this wonderment of what is going on. THIS rise in Popularity, in Prominence, in Usage, in Talking and in Love for Wanda Maximoff’s character is by every observation and figure I can say is Truly Genuine. Not just a fast rise, but one with a steady pace built on respect for her character, love with her persoonia ups & downs and great love for her Lore that make her a character that was a FIND to most fans of her. She was not told to fans she was Great, Fans DISCOVERED on their OWN She was GREAT!

To Say she is at Wonder Woman levels are early at best, but she is setting a foundation that is no less than impressive to start a rise to a level that is at this point noteworthy that it looks to be significant gaining to that level. It is a steady climb, not to fast but that is good, but based on the substance of each new work and each new project she is in just making her more popular, more wanted and more loved.

Wanda is the talk of Social Media, her projects are the most anticipated and the desire to achieve higher hights are red hot, This is a Wanda World we are seeing becoming a reality and what is most important is that we see each and every step along the way to define what it means and what it will mean to add substance to her to help move her even greater forward.

Wanda Maximoff, The Scarlet Witch, that we have know and loved that she is Great, is now being notice by the public and the powers that be that she is Great!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/scar...ays-at-marvel/

Scarlet Witch Peack Momoko Demon Days

This Brings such joy and such depth for me to see Wanda in this book, on conly cause it shows here rise in bine used more in comic, BUT the 1 Wanda want more then anything is a Manga and/or Anime Versions of Wanda to be made.

Show this brings me such joy and get us closer then ever to that reality, it is Beautiful!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post

I don't really want her to be Harley. They made people tired of that character. But definitely hope that it means she keeps getting ongoings, and isn't thrust out of comics for months to almost a year at a time.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    These are all great looking figures, being Assembled, and ready to Avenge under Wanda's leadership!
    Thanks. I'm just happy I can finally have my dream Avengers team

Spectacular Member

I kinda want them to have more background witches with cool individualized designs in the next issue

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Nice. Seeing Rachel there caught me by surprise. I know she is currently together with Betsy but damn sometimes you get the impression that everyone has forgotten that the character still exists.

Oh don't get me wrong. I can believe it. It's just that without all the numbers and the overall picture Im not comfortable in making such a statement. We know her stuff is selling very well and that's good enough for me. Marvel loves money.

I don't really want her to be Harley. They made people tired of that character. But definitely hope that it means she keeps getting ongoings, and isn't thrust out of comics for months to almost a year at a time.
    The thing with Harley that she is a crazy jokster type of character. There was a time where Marvel was going crazy with Deadpool too but that eventually died down. It's hilarious in moderate doses but if you see it everywhere then you can tire people out with. You can't utilize Wanda in such a way. Personality and her power level will basically prevent that from happening so I don't think Wanda is in any danger when it comes to that.

Im actually really content with the current status quo and would be happy if that is maintained. A team book, a solo and maybe a few other appearances here or there if its appropriate. I think that's a healthy balance.