Page 34 of 211 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well issue 4 will be dealing with Darcy, but I'm sure the idea is to have Wanda help anyone, be they normal people or fellow heroes. Also these early issues are designed to also help new readers get to know Wanda better and thanks to all the continuity the Vision and Magento families are some of the more confusing parts of her backstory, that should really be addressed early on.
    I am just waiting for Maya's turn really.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I am just waiting for Maya's turn really.
    If you mean Marya, then yes. Wanda needs to show her aunt her new shop

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I want Wanda in more unexpected scenarios like fighting giant evil megazords or super aliens. if Batman and Wolverine can do everything from thugs to aliens to gods so can Wanda
    The thing is Wolverine is often put in just to sell and you feel it because he ends up being totally irrelevant and only fighting fodder while others take care of the actual big bad because in the end he is just a guy with knives in his hands. There is nothing wrong with it but it does feel artificial every time it happens. Let's not even get started on the Batgod.

When it comes to Wanda as long as you can make it work organically and respect the power levels I'm good.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    The thing is Wolverine is often put in just to sell and you feel it because he ends up being totally irrelevant and only fighting fodder while others take care of the actual big bad because in the end he is just a guy with knives in his hands. There is nothing wrong with it but it does feel artificial every time it happens. Let's not even get started on the Batgod.

When it comes to Wanda as long as you can make it work organically and respect the power levels I'm good.
    Yeah, Wanda doesn't need Wolverine publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, Wanda doesn't need Wolverine publicity.
    Don't get me wrong I don't want to see her in like 10 books just for the sake of appearing. I do want to see her in most media outside the typical comic bubble though. The Avengers game for example was mostly trash but if it would have had Wanda in it, I might have taken a look at it. I think pretty much every other game did include her though so Im not too worried on that front. It's just an example. I obviously enjoy the comics as well as everyone else but it's the unfortunate reality that they will be seen by the least amount of people.
    Last edited by Galerion; 02-06-2023 at 10:35 AM.

Marvel and DC become quantity games. So I don't mind Scarlet Witch popping up in other books if the stories are good. I rather get more appearances like Black Panther's time in Civil War than Hawkeye's appearance in Thor. The former works as a first impression and his appearance serves both Caps story and his own. The latter is something you would cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Don't get me wrong I don't want to see her in like 10 books just for the sake of appearing. I do want to see her in most media outside the typical comic bubble though. The Avengers game for example was mostly trash but if it would have had Wanda in it, I might have taken a look at it. I think pretty much every other game did include her though so Im not too worried on that front. It's just an example. I obviously enjoy the comics as well as everyone else but it's the unfortunate reality that they will be seen by the least amount of people.
    That's what Wolverine Publicity is. I remember one reader writing into a comic to complain that Wolverine was on the cover and not in the actual book, calling them out on false advertising, and the editor had to apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Marvel and DC become quantity games. So I don't mind Scarlet Witch popping up in other books if the stories are good. I rather get more appearances like Black Panther's time in Civil War than Hawkeye's appearance in Thor. The former works as a first impression and his appearance serves both Caps story and his own. The latter is something you would cut.
    I agree with you. The problem is that the difference between these two is not always seen by the creators themselves.
    Does it serve and advance the story? Great. More of that.
    Is is just mindless fan service? That's only OK in small doses.

That's a dope cover

Looking good

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Looking good
    Nice cover...but can Black Panther fly?

Yes. I am just enjoying a cup now, lol. Thank you Wanda.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Nice cover...but can Black Panther fly?
    In space, everyone can fly
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m in love with this team, but it needs more women. Why have the last two relaunches of this title been relegated to just two women, while there’s 5-6 men there?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com