Page 4 of 211 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The writer of Trial of Magneto indicated that going fully into removing the retcon was still off limits as of a year and a half ago due to the MCU. My suspicion is the MCU will greenlit Marvel writers to undo the retcon if they haven't already now when they decide what they are going to do with her live action. That doesn't mean I think they will tell them how to do it or demand the two things fully line up. They will be happy teasing things out and playing it out for awhile before some much-hyped resolution occurs.
    Well now with Wanda being "dead" with no future plans made imminent they might not care. We'll see. Likely soon.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think you mean "Magneto2 being dead?

I think Magneto being "dead" will be tackled by Al Ewing on X-men Red, he mentioned in an interview that he was interested in the portal Wanda created in trial of Magneto for mutants without records in cerebro, Magneto mentioned this as well before dying, heīs truly staying dead on his own free will but I think Ewing will find a way to make him interact with other characters and he may or not have some shared plans with Orlando but I could see them coordinating to write Wandaīs reaction to his death. Now I definitely would like if we could get a funeral and Lornaīs reaction as well as Pietro and Luna but the X-books are focused in doing Sinister crossover, so I guess we canīt have it all but I expect Magneto to still be in some way on X-men Red and later in fall of X
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm tradewaiting the new miniseries but I'm hoping it does well.

For the movies I'd give her a real redemption arc like the TV show Angel. There's also the other variants of her you could.
    It's an ongoing by the way so hopefully there will many trades for you.
    Last edited by Galerion; 01-02-2023 at 03:40 PM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think you mean "Magneto2 being dead?

I think Magneto being "dead" will be tackled by Al Ewing on X-men Red, he mentioned in an interview that he was interested in the portal Wanda created in trial of Magneto for mutants without records in cerebro, Magneto mentioned this as well before dying, heīs truly staying dead on his own free will but I think Ewing will find a way to make him interact with other characters and he may or not have some shared plans with Orlando but I could see them coordinating to write Wandaīs reaction to his death. Now I definitely would like if we could get a funeral and Lornaīs reaction as well as Pietro and Luna but the X-books are focused in doing Sinister crossover, so I guess we canīt have it all but I expect Magneto to still be in some way on X-men Red and later in fall of X
    No I mean movie Wanda being dead. And by that I mean "dead" because she could not be dead, could be dead. But they just won't say anything other than vague stuff about her future. I don't know if comics will wait for the movies to do anything else because it could be a while for all we know.

Mags will do the Jedi ghost form thing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really hope Orlando explores her Jewish and Romani heritages, especially since he’s Jewish as well. The Jewish erasure going on at Marvel has become quite disconcerting, especially with the rise in anti-Semitic violence and rhetoric around the globe.
    Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't really think, speaking as a Jewish person (not that that makes me an authority, of course) she has a Jewish heritage to explore. Having a Jewish father doesn't make someone Jewish by most rules, and now he's not their father. It would of course be different if she or Pietro had ever identified as Jewish when Magneto was their biological dad, but they never did.
    If any writer really wanted to have Wanda explore Judiasm, I think doing so through Billy would make more sense than connecting it to Magneto too much, since she isn't even related to Mags anymore. Also, her relationship with Billy is more likely to remain stable than with him. Maybe she could spend some time getting to know Billy's normie family or something. Then, after her interest has been sparked, she could approach Mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    If any writer really wanted to have Wanda explore Judiasm, I think doing so through Billy would make more sense than connecting it to Magneto too much, since she isn't even related to Mags anymore. Also, her relationship with Billy is more likely to remain stable than with him. Maybe she could spend some time getting to know Billy's normie family or something. Then, after her interest has been sparked, she could approach Mags.
    Billy probably wouldn't work because his Judaism is linked to his parents (the Kaplans) and his relation to Wanda is being the spirit of her dead son.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No I mean movie Wanda being dead. And by that I mean "dead" because she could not be dead, could be dead. But they just won't say anything other than vague stuff about her future. I don't know if comics will wait for the movies to do anything else because it could be a while for all we know.
    Oh ok I heard she will make an appareance on Agathaīs series and also in some future proyects so I am not worried about her being alive, still she definitely needs a redemption story, the MCU went out of itīs way to paint her a villain and it didnīt really made sense, hope they donīt drop the ball and Feige gets her story in order.

Mags will do the Jedi ghost form thing, lol.
    Lol more or less but knowing Edwingīs work with Hulk I am hoping for an instrospective narrative journey for him, maybe he meets Anya, Magda and his family before making his way back to life, deciding thereīs still something he can do, Arrako gets in danger again or the X-men bring him back because heīs needed for something in Fall of X, I would not mind if all these circunstances mix at some point but mostly I want Edwing to keep his work with him in which he questions the meaning of life, death, inmortality, mission and belonging, one thing I am sure is that he isnīt dropping the ball with Mags but he may take some time before bringing him back.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Oh ok I heard she will make an appareance on Agathaīs series and also in some future proyects so I am not worried about her being alive, still she definitely needs a redemption story, the MCU went out of itīs way to paint her a villain and it didnīt really made sense, hope they donīt drop the ball and Feige gets her story in order.

Lol more or less but knowing Edwingīs work with Hulk I am hoping for an instrospective narrative journey for him, maybe he meets Anya, Magda and his family before making his way back to life, deciding thereīs still something he can do, Arrako gets in danger again or the X-men bring him back because heīs needed for something in Fall of X, I would not mind if all these circunstances mix at some point but mostly I want Edwing to keep his work with him in which he questions the meaning of life, death, inmortality, mission and belonging, one thing I am sure is that he isnīt dropping the ball with Mags but he may take some time before bringing him back.
    I've heard those rumors. I hope they are true.

I'd love for Anya to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I've heard those rumors. I hope they are true.
    Me too

I'd love for Anya to be back.
    I think it could be interesting but marvel would have to handle it very carefully, sheīs like Magnus "uncle Ben" event, so bringing her back is no small thing, I think it can be done but with a good story in mind. She would also come back as a small child so it will be interesting for the family to meet her that way.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I would still just go with Wanda's dad being a nobody who was probably possessed by Chthon. Making Mags the dad again means that he murdered Wanda's mum, and that would just open a whole new can of worms. Also why doesn't Wanda just ask her aunt?
    Speaking of which, I hope Maya shows up again, at least tell us Wanda is still in contact with her, it feels weird to constantly put Wanda in various familial situation and then just blatantly ignoring her foster mother.

Marya gets ignored a lot. Even more than Django. It's weird how the moms are all treated.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Marya really needs to come back, fill in the blanks and spend more time with Wanda, after all she was the woman who raised her. It's amazing how people keep going on about wanting Magento to be her dad when Wanda's 'mother' is still alive and well.
    Also make up for the fact that Django is more or less the central focus when it comes to Wanda's adoptive family, I do like those stories(well, it is just Nights of Wundagore) and their emotional core but Maya more or less just chilled in a fridge.
    Robinson's decision to bring her back hasn't come to any fruition yet, hopefully Orlando can work something with her.
    She doesn't need to be anyone special, just good old Aunt May like role would be fine.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-02-2023 at 07:28 PM.

Personally I want to know who took Natalya out cause IMO someone either powerful or well adept in magic did the deed
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

I still hate what they did with all the "There were other scarlet witches and warlocks before you" why couldn't her mother Natalya be just some random witch, sorry but i didn't like that they tried to make it like a legacy thing, especially when Wanda is her own thing and there are so many legacy heroes now.

Thanksfully they never talked about it again, if they wanted a meaning for her name, they could have come up with something else.

2 more days for Wanda's triumphant return to comics. I hope she gets her own rogue gallery.
    Last edited by starduck; 01-02-2023 at 09:13 PM.