Page 9 of 211 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I am just at the point wgere I am more bothered by their lack of personality than shitty takes.(And that literally includes every clout account, comic and MCU alike.)
    Sure let's degrade other characters that actually mattered to her, invalidate her life experience in favor of "iconic" one-off contextless panels.
    Or yell "mother" and "yassss queen" 24/7... Not trying to bring my negativity here but jeeze.

Spectacular Member

we all need some negativity to balance things out, Simon

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really hope Orlando explores her Jewish and Romani heritages, especially since he’s Jewish as well. The Jewish erasure going on at Marvel has become quite disconcerting, especially with the rise in anti-Semitic violence and rhetoric around the globe.
    I'm out of loop, but how is she Jewish with Magneto no longer being her father?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I still hate what they did with all the "There were other scarlet witches and warlocks before you" why couldn't her mother Natalya be just some random witch, sorry but i didn't like that they tried to make it like a legacy thing, especially when Wanda is her own thing and there are so many legacy heroes now.
    That was rather lame on Robinson's part. She wasn't even a witch when she first used that name.

Spectacular Member

their biological ties weren't even stood a chance of being stable pre-AXIS, outside from having no cultural influence

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I'm out of loop, but how is she Jewish with Magneto no longer being her father?
    She's not really. I think fans just hope because they want that representation. I've seen posts online claiming that it was an important part of her history and using the UA panel as proof. But that panel was edited later. They made Wanda Pagan in comics instead.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I will throw in my hat too in this discussion. Yeah Im not a fan of the whole mantle thing.
    It's an unfair comparison since the MCU didn't have 60 years of continuity to deal with but look how they handled it there. Scarlet Witch isn't just some random name someone came up with. It has significant ethos and relevance attached to it but it is still 100% Wandas. Nobody else has any claim to it no matter how awesome they are. They can never be the Scarlet Witch.

The thing is Scarlet Witch being a legacy title is currently only obscure comic knowledge. Most people are not even aware of it if we are honest and it has not been a thing in any other media nor will that probably ever happen.
    So this is a case where you could obviously retcon it but you could also never bring it up again and it would be fine too.
    This part. Even tho Agatha herself is a practitioner of chaos magic (that’s how I interpreted it anyway), she wasn’t the Scarlet Witch. She isn’t destined to wield the Darkhold. That was always meant to be Wanda’s.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Astonishing Member

Agatha should be the only pertinent magic practitioner in Wanda's history -- especially if they go back to her being a mutant and daugter of Magneto (as they should). Someone can come with a story showing her mother being SW as a ruse/deception -- the same way it was eventually undone that Viper wasn't Spider-Woman's mother.

One thing her comic book needs to address is what actually happened leading up to Avengers Disassembled. From everything I've read, most writers including Robinson, wrongly deducted that Wanda killed Agatha. I believe the actual story is that Wanda's magic may have been what resurrected Agatha -- and when Wanda no longer cared about Agatha -- she just went back to being dead. Of course, it's also possible Agatha never really died in the second Vison/Scarlet Witch series - so Wanda hasn't really resurrected her. Personally, if I had my way -- all of that Bendis crap would be retconned.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Agatha should be the only pertinent magic practitioner in Wanda's history -- especially if they go back to her being a mutant and daugter of Magneto (as they should). Someone can come with a story showing her mother being SW as a ruse/deception -- the same way it was eventually undone that Viper wasn't Spider-Woman's mother.

One thing her comic book needs to address is what actually happened leading up to Avengers Disassembled. From everything I've read, most writers including Robinson, wrongly deducted that Wanda killed Agatha. I believe the actual story is that Wanda's magic may have been what resurrected Agatha -- and when Wanda no longer cared about Agatha -- she just went back to being dead. Of course, it's also possible Agatha never really died in the second Vison/Scarlet Witch series - so Wanda hasn't really resurrected her. Personally, if I had my way -- all of that Bendis crap would be retconned.
    That whole story Bendis wrote made no sense at all. Because Wanda did remember her kids way before AD was a thing. She recovered from her breakdown over her sons, and the manipulations she endured at the time. She worked past everything and wasn't mad at Agatha even. Then we were to believe that she has forgotten her sons again, and now is mad at Agatha? Especially since they didn't paint it as she forgot them again, but that she never remembered them. Erasing what came before.

I don't think she murdered her either. Or it shouldn't be that she murdered her. In Midnight Suns they cover over Agatha dying in that universe and it was just a spell gone wrong that Agatha encouraged Wanda to do. There was no malice at all. It wasn't even Wanda's powers going out of control. It was an artifact that exploded. I'd prefer something like that.

It's probably too late for them to go back on it now. But it bothers me very much that the story just doesn't add up. Even considering typical continuity mistakes that comics make. Because it felt more like purposeful erasure.

Anything Bendis did should be ignored. I'd prefer it if the Scarlet Witch title was unique to Wanda, otherwise next thing you know marvel will be passing it around like an std like they are doing with the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Anything Bendis did should be ignored. I'd prefer it if the Scarlet Witch title was unique to Wanda, otherwise next thing you know marvel will be passing it around like an std like they are doing with the Phoenix
    And Mjolnir.

I'd hoped we would see more of the magical energy crown effect from WANDAVISION. Keep hope alive...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    This part. Even tho Agatha herself is a practitioner of chaos magic (that’s how I interpreted it anyway), she wasn’t the Scarlet Witch. She isn’t destined to wield the Darkhold. That was always meant to be Wanda’s.
    Not quite. Chaos Magic is exclusive to Wanda and is what makes her the Scarlet Witch. Agatha pretty much says exactly this to Wanda.

"You have no idea how dangerous you are. You’re supposed to be a myth. A being capable of spontaneous creation, and here you are, using it to make breakfast for dinner."
    "Let go of my children."
    "Oh, yes, your children. And Vision, and this whole little life you’ve made, this is Chaos Magic, Wanda. And that makes you the Scarlet Witch."

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

That was great scene.
    Last edited by Galerion; 01-05-2023 at 04:15 PM.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Have they mentioned if Wanda (and Pietro) had ever met Jessica Drew, who grew up on Mt Wundagore? I believe it was at the same time period, unless Marvel has changed any of the histories.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!