Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    You have to consider the time it was introduced. But even with that I would say that Reed and Ben make sense as the designer of the ship and an Air Force pilot. However Sue and Johnny do not as they were introduced.
    You could have had Reed as the theoretician, and Ben as the applied-sciences guy. That's really the relationship implied by Ben knowing more about engineering proper ship radiation shielding.

It's a bit of a long overdue retcon imo. I hope whatever field it is, it's a fun one that fits the character.

So far, I've really enjoyed the new dynamic between her and Reed. Instead of Reed talking at her, it's a back and forth. They feel like equal partners and its a joy to read.

Reed is still the smartest person in the room, but now Sue can keep up and help solve problems. I just think it has benefitted the team as a whole.

"make a slightly hotter flame and say your going nova" hahah, i knew it! lol. I have to say this is the most fun ive had reading FF since claremont run with valeria. lol Also love Johnny's practical intelligence.

Also i hope reed's sister shows up at some point too. She had potential.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-07-2023 at 11:56 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    "make a slightly hotter flame and say your going nova" hahah, i knew it! lol. I have to say this is the most fun ive had reading FF since claremont run with valeria. lol Also love Johnny's practical intelligence.

Also i hope reed's sister shows up at some point too. She had potential.
    I hope *both* of Reed's sisters show up.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Another good issue of probably the most fun series I'm currently reading. North continues to put a smile on my face every month with this run.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Flame-O better be the MVP next issue
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Today Iron-man issue reveals that one of the Stark Sentinels that Orchis is building is targeted to Johnny Storm. Maybe the FF will be involved in Fall of X.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Today Iron-man issue reveals that one of the Stark Sentinels that Orchis is building is targeted to Johnny Storm. Maybe the FF will be involved in Fall of X.
    It sounds like they are going to attack the next Hellfire Gala so they are probably putting 1 Sentinel on each super.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's a bit of a long overdue retcon imo. I hope whatever field it is, it's a fun one that fits the character.

So far, I've really enjoyed the new dynamic between her and Reed. Instead of Reed talking at her, it's a back and forth. They feel like equal partners and its a joy to read.

Reed is still the smartest person in the room, but now Sue can keep up and help solve problems. I just think it has benefitted the team as a whole.
    My sources tell me she has a Ph.D. In Oceanography
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

^That would certainly explain Namor's infatuation with her. He doesn't just want her for her good looks!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Another great issue! My only quibbles are Alicia being called “Allie”. I was getting over Sweet Pea because, sure, it could be a new married couple thing.. but she has never been called “Allie” ever that I recall. Also, does it feel like they forget she’s blind sometimes? She’s using her iPhone looking up pics.. I know if I told Siri to show me a pic of the FF, there’s a good chance I wouldn’t get an image I wanted.. lol

Alicia herself called Susan "Suze", when usually it's Sue, too. Where'd these nicknames come from?

And yeah, I can understand her using a voice assistant like Siri or Alexa, but looking at photos on her phone should be impossible, should've been Sue doing that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

We’re reading about the new Ultimate Universe characters right now. All will be revealed in Hickman’s Ultimate Invasion #1.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I don't care what anyone says. Johnny is 100% sleeping with Flame-O.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I don't care what anyone says. Johnny is 100% sleeping with Flame-O.
    lol. i can see it. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/