Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    Buckled down and bought the Thing series from the 80s because I wanted something new FF related to read while waiting for the day I can afford the last 5 FF issues I need.

I've got to say...I mostly disliked it entirely. The Rocky Grimm phase was ok. The rest was barely readable to me. Especially the wrestling phase at the end.

Curious if anyone else saw it differently.
    Mine's tainted with nostalgia colored glasses, I loved it as a kid.
    "Rocky Grimm" was interesting but a little lackluster.
    Post Secret Wars was better, I liked seeing Ben as a wrestler. It was just starting to get good when it was canceled.

Del please
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 10-20-2023 at 10:40 PM.

Your links don't work.

vBulletin Message
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All the images work for me, all the covers are visible. I don’t know what I did wrong, let the moderators delete the post if they see fit.

All I see is
    Fantastic Four 15, 16, 17

Attachment 135283

Attachment 135284

Attachment 135285
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Does anyone know if Franklin has his powers back? Or does he just have black hair now?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Does anyone know if Franklin has his powers back? Or does he just have black hair now?
    It hasn't been confirmed one way or the other but a secret that Franklin has was mentioned in the last issue. The return of his powers is a definite possibility. Of course we know it will happen at some point. The big question is when.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Event coming, according to Brevoort's newsletter.

I was crashed out by the end of the evening, but wound up sleeping poorly, so i was a bit more ragged the second day—which was when I had to go over a big FANTASTIC FOUR-centered thing that you’ll hear about later on in time as well as outline my general composition of the X-Titles for the start of my custodianship of that line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sounds like a drunk tweet. Hope I'm wrong.

Not necessarily an event, but I hope it's something fun like another book.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not necessarily an event, but I hope it's something fun like another book.
    Convenient excuse to write the kids out again ?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It hasn't been confirmed one way or the other but a secret that Franklin has was mentioned in the last issue. The return of his powers is a definite possibility. Of course we know it will happen at some point. The big question is when.
    Issue 12? Anyway, I hope he has some level of powers, even if it’s just psionics. He really needs something, Val has her hyper intelligence and without anything, Franklin just doesn’t work as well as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Issue 12? Anyway, I hope he has some level of powers, even if it’s just psionics. He really needs something, Val has her hyper intelligence and without anything, Franklin just doesn’t work as well as a character.
    Along with Johnny gaining some maturity and Reed gaining some humanity, we have Franklin getting/losing powers as tropes most every FF writer deals with. I like the run Franklin had after losing his powers and becoming a typical PITA teenager. He was recreating the multiverse from scratch. He was literally God. Then he lost his powers and he became a relatively intelligent boy in a family where almost everyone else either had power or a super-genius intellect. That's a justifiable sulk.

We all know Franklin's getting powers back. His status as a near-omnipotent being is a firm part of Marvel's history. The question here is how to best utilize a powered Franklin without his snapping fingers or wiggling his nose fixing any problem instantly. Limited powers so as to keep the stories interesting while adding to Franklin's development is a very good way. Heck, bring back Tattletale.

The Tattletale name just isn't as age-proof as the rest of Power Pack's names (Zero-G, Lightspeed, Mass Master and Energiser). It sounds childish. He has a grown up codename already anyway - Powerhouse (which is a legacy mantle - Alex Power once used it himself when he had all four Power Pack powers). Though Valeria has a better one, Brainstorm, a reference to both her intellect and her mother's maiden name!

The Tattletale name just isn't as age-proof as the rest of Power Pack's names (Zero-G, Lightspeed, Mass Master and Energiser). It sounds childish. He has a grown up codename already anyway - Powerhouse (which is a legacy mantle - Alex Power once used it himself when he had all four Power Pack powers). Though Valeria has a better one, Brainstorm, a reference to both her intellect and her mother's maiden name!
    The name is obviously a no go. However, the precog powers are something that could very well in addition to possibly tying back into the Powers family.