Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I’m confused. I thought Carlos Gomez was taking over FF… He’s already been announced. Maybe Capullo is doing a mini..

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I’m confused. I thought Carlos Gomez was taking over FF… He’s already been announced. Maybe Capullo is doing a mini..
    whoa, that's unexpected but awesome.

That's cool .

Man, I thought the kids would be back this issue… I dunno.. this issue felt… boring… compared or previous ones. I just found myself skimming a lot of the dialogue when they were explaining what was going on… I did love seeing villains out of costume. Though Beetle has been a bit busy in Spider-Man, so not sure when this takes place. Looking forward to next issue. Hopefully we’ll get the kids back…

Must be before Gang War. In fact, I think it's set before Ms. Marvel died, because the FF were in that issue and shouldn't have been in New York unless the books were out of sync.

In other news, this issue revealed that COVID-19 was prevented in the Marvel Universe. No 2020 pandemic!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Man, I thought the kids would be back this issue… I dunno.. this issue felt… boring… compared or previous ones. I just found myself skimming a lot of the dialogue when they were explaining what was going on… I did love seeing villains out of costume. Though Beetle has been a bit busy in Spider-Man, so not sure when this takes place. Looking forward to next issue. Hopefully we’ll get the kids back…
    I was hoping for a more involved fight with the Syndicate instead of dealing with a corrupt industrialist through science and dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was hoping for a more involved fight with the Syndicate instead of dealing with a corrupt industrialist through science and dialogue.
    Yeah, that stuff was way too over my head and I didn’t care. I would have have seen a more involved fight. I loved that group… shame we didn’t get to see more of their personalities in play.. I’d much rather have that than what we got. Sometimes simpler is better.

Edit: This is not a slight on North… so I didn’t enjoy one issue out of the first year’s run. Not too shabby. Now give me the kids!
    Last edited by Thundershot; 12-07-2023 at 07:36 AM.

Yeah, that stuff was way too over my head and I didn’t care. I would have have seen a more involved fight. I loved that group… shame we didn’t get to see more of their personalities in play.. I’d much rather have that than what we got. Sometimes simpler is better.

Edit: This is not a slight on North… so I didn’t enjoy one issue out of the first year’s run. Not too shabby. Now give me the kids!
    I did like the discussion part and I felt it was definitely within the FF's wheelhouse. I will admit it was dry and cerebral, though. I'm guessing this is setting up a Mad Thinker appearance. What metamind (is that a subtle dig?) does is basically how the Mad Thinker's abilities operate.

As for the kids, North is like a reality show editor cutting to commercial just as a revelation is going to be...

And did I miss Ben changing back to Ben this year?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

The issue #14 was the first one I left unhappy with since the beginning of North's run.

The tech billionaire guy flexes on how he implemented the Asimov's psychohistory concept to MU before everyone while Reed listens in shock.
    But Reed actually invented the psychohistory as a science field aspiring from Asimov when he was 12. It was during the late great Dwayne McDuffie's run, in issue #542 to be exact, Reed asks Mad Thinker to check his calculations and tells him that he has been deliberately using the psychohistory, even his reason for siding pro-registration in Civil War was due to the outputs of his calculations.
    No lie, these kind of continuation errors ruin the reading experience for me. It is too distinctive to be overlooked. I mean, Tom Brevoort is still the editor of the series, right? It shouldn't have escaped from his notice.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    And did I miss Ben changing back to Ben this year?
    That probably happened during the timeskip. We haven't seen a full year of them under North's pen as it started in medias res. It's been a year since the end of Slott's run, but a few months passed in-universe between that and the start of North's.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    The issue #14 was the first one I left unhappy with since the beginning of North's run.

The tech billionaire guy flexes on how he implemented the Asimov's psychohistory concept to MU before everyone while Reed listens in shock.
    But Reed actually invented the psychohistory as a science field aspiring from Asimov when he was 12. It was during the late great Dwayne McDuffie's run, in issue #542 to be exact, Reed asks Mad Thinker to check his calculations and tells him that he has been deliberately using the psychohistory, even his reason for siding pro-registration in Civil War was due to the outputs of his calculations.
    No lie, these kind of continuation errors ruin the reading experience for me. It is too distinctive to be overlooked. I mean, Tom Brevoort is still the editor of the series, right? It shouldn't have escaped from his notice.
    I also recall Mad Thinker buttering Reed up, saying what he had done was well beyond Thinker himself....and then almost immediately thereafter Thinker's ability to use math to predict the future allows him to know that Sue is there, whereas Reed has no idea. The whole scene seemed to be setup to suggest that Thinker was just buttering Reed up, and that Reed's ability was nowhere near as great as he seemed to think. It may be that Reed eventually realized that he had been manipulated, and his psychohistory was a bust.

If that's the case, then Reed may be shocked that someone succeeded where he failed.

Damn, so they didn't destroy Metamind after all, and it's sentient?

Didn't they just arrest Lady Octopus with the rest of the Syndicate or was that a flashback panel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?