Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

I just read the newest issue of Fantastic Four and I have some thoughts

spoilers:
    I loved Dr. Doom in the issue. Him trying to clean up Richards mess. It serves Reed right for separating him from his beloved Valeria, who does Reed think he is? The whole issue was cool with the ghost taking away the teams ability to speak until all that was left was 'Doom' it felt like such a thing Victor would do.

This comic gave me both a hilarious and disturbing Valeria scene. The hilarious one of Doom carrying her off kicking and punching in protest. I laughed at that more then I should have. And the disturbing one was her many deaths, especially the one of her on the floor dead in a pool of her own blood. I'm gonna have nightmares, poor Valeria. Seeing Doom constantly go back in time and try and fix things only to always result in dead Valeria made me think of Kang and his failed romance with Ravonna what's-her-face. And while it was ultimately a tease, I was happy to see the kids again even if they spent the issue caught in a time loop of death. Thanks a lot Richards! To keep Doom from his goddaughter is simply unacceptable and Reed must be punished! But overall a really good issue.

Edit: Also yay for seeing Aunt Petunia Grimm.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 05-18-2023 at 07:59 PM.

spoilers:
    At least the deaths are all negated timelines, so she won't remember any of it.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    It wasn't a Kang story. It was a basic time travel story in which Doom's psyche and motivations are wonderfully shown. We can go back to Endgame and Dr. Strange's 14,000,000 runthroughs, or even Booster Gold 5 (2008) where he constantly tries to reverse the events of Killing Joke.
    end of spoilers

Issue 700 is a Doom story. The structure is very Byrne-like where there are smaller single issue stories before the first Doom appearance. The characters are built up without the kids, or the HQ and stuff. The year timeline for the "event"'s reversal is a good length and it allows North to do a Thing changes back to Ben story. North is building up subplots as seen in PCS pages which show a situation spoilers:
    which looks way to close to Dawn of DC Amanda Waller
    end of spoilers.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Surely nobody seriously thought Mila Kunis (Meg Griffin from Family Guy) was going to be cast as The Thing? Yeah, not Invisible Woman, the Thing, because she happens to be Jewish.
    https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-mcu-mila-kunis/
    With the rumors of Mila Kunis non-Sue F4 casting, I wondered if they might make the Original 4 Thing member either Sharon Ventura or Darla Deering...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    With the rumors of Mila Kunis non-Sue F4 casting, I wondered if they might make the Original 4 Thing member either Sharon Ventura or Darla Deering...
    I hope to God not. We’re finally at the point where we can get a GOOD FF movie, and it would only take **** like this to ruin it. Leave the characters gender and ethnicities alone and just make a great FF movie using the original formula. They can mess with some of the side characters a bit, but make the four (and Doom) authentic.

The actress said she is not playing the thing. I could see one of them in the film non powered as bens friend however.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Yes, just give us the Thing as he is in the comics. Looking back, I think Michael Chiklis's costume wasn't that bad.

Mila Kunis's name leads me to believe it's a fairly big part. The biggest non-four part is Alicia. Other than that, we're looking at a villain. And Kunis could pull off an Ultimate Mad Thinker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Mila Kunis's name leads me to believe it's a fairly big part. The biggest non-four part is Alicia. Other than that, we're looking at a villain. And Kunis could pull off an Ultimate Mad Thinker
    I was thinking Alicia too, but the way the world is now, I think they’d hire an actual blind actress…

Not necessarily, Dardevil is still played by a non-blind actor.

Although Daredevil is an action hero with superpowers, so probably a bad example
    Last edited by CitizenXXX; 05-22-2023 at 07:26 AM.

Plus Matt's powers mean he isn't really blind. Yes, he can't use his eyes, but his other senses are enhanced meaning he can make out shapes using echolocation - like a bat. Which is funny as he's pretty much Marvel's Batman counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I was thinking Alicia too, but the way the world is now, I think they’d hire an actual blind actress…
    Yeah, Alicia probably wouldn't be played by someone you've heard of.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-22-2023 at 09:40 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    If that is a criteria, Kerry Washington played Alicia in the last two movies and I wonder if the movie would keep the character a person of color. If it is Kunis, though, I'm certain the Alicia role would be beefed up similar to what's being done in North's current run.

Incredible Member

I imagine Alicia would probably be played a person of color since that's something that is starting to pop up ever in alt universes of the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The actress said she is not playing the thing. I could see one of them in the film non powered as bens friend however.
    More than not playing the Thing, Mila Kunis said she's NOT in the movie...but KNOWS who is....
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Loved this issue...in fact I have loved the whole series. I feel that this series is hitting it out of the ballpark in quality. One of the few comics i look forward to on a monthly basis. Hope the writer stays on for a long time and people take notice of this like Ewings run on Hulk. I am really amazed that this series hasnt gained more traction with people.