Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

North seems like the type who would totally revive the Future Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    Quitting the book for not focusing on side characters who are not headliners, is absurd.
    Nah. Franklin got me into the main book (after reading other titles with him), and while I came to like the other cast, he and Val are my faves. I don't care if they're not the stars, they're still important. And I think something is lost without the kids. I'm not saying the book is objectively bad or anything now. It's just not for me in its current state.

No comment on Slott's overuse of the kids, since I mostly skimmed the later issues. But Franklin was done super dirty by him, and I was hoping the next writer would put him on a better path. But no, he's shuttled off to the future and probably won't be seen for like 1-4 years real time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Nah. Franklin got me into the main book (after reading other titles with him), and while I came to like the other cast, he and Val are my faves. I don't care if they're not the stars, they're still important. And I think something is lost without the kids. I'm not saying the book is objectively bad or anything now. It's just not for me in its current state.

No comment on Slott's overuse of the kids, since I mostly skimmed the later issues. But Franklin was done super dirty by him, and I was hoping the next writer would put him on a better path. But no, he's shuttled off to the future and probably won't be seen for like 1-4 years real time.
    I hope it is just one year and that by the time a year passes Franklin's status as a mutant is reinstated.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    We've agreed on this in the past, but IMO, this can 't be said enough...

A three book franchise with:
    Fantastic Four - the flagship team book
    Future Foundation - the kids and their think tank school setup
    Marvel Two-In-One - members of the FF team with other Marvel characters
    I liked the Marvel Two-In-One they did when Reed and Sue and the kids were still missing after Secret Wars 2015 ended. It was basically Ben and Johnny with Doom tagging along at times. But having it go back to Ben teaming up like in the original title from the 70s would be fun.

Extraordinary Member

What the Fantastic Four would look like in live action - Made using Artbreeder #Shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I liked the Marvel Two-In-One they did when Reed and Sue and the kids were still missing after Secret Wars 2015 ended. It was basically Ben and Johnny with Doom tagging along at times. But having it go back to Ben teaming up like in the original title from the 70s would be fun.
    As much fun and quality as the original MTIO had, teaming other members of the FF would be a direction I think might be fun. Sue could always use some additional non-Reed time and Johnny's had his own Team-Up experience. Even Franklin and Val could team with others.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

Rift buddy you don't have to explain why you are dropping the series or why you find the kids more interesting. No one that has anything to say about your decision is buying your comics for you. Personally, I'm loving North's run but I can get where you're coming from. Truth be told during Hickman's run on the series other than Reed I found the kids to be the most interesting characters of his run.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I have to agree. I like the kids but they got to be a bit much with no closing plot. How was Lyja connected for example? I think Nicki’s parents were meant to be revealed as Lyja and Paibok.
    I’d actually be all for this.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I’ve been the biggest proponent of having the kids back, but I’ll let North tell his story. When they return, I’d love to see the kids in a new FF book, using the four kids as the base. Franklin is 15 or 16 now (North said on Twitter that the kids have not changed ages since Slott’s run) and maybe bring Alex Power back to lead them.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I don't mind the children have a backup story in an issue every now and then.

In other news, Johnny is the only FF member visible in this promotional art…

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ga-summer-2023
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Another event? Damn.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Another event? Damn.
    Contest of Cha...

Fill in the finish
    a) mpions
    b) os
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Event fatigue, the struggle is real. And that's why I'm not so conversant with every single change over the 45 or so years I've read comics.
    It was easy enough to keep up with the FF and most of their supporting/occasional cast members.
    But eventually I just didn't want to keep buying all the special issues related.
    The last such I like was possibly the Vengeance is served thing?
    Oh I read stuff later, but just drifted away.
    It's why I may ask so many questions about Inhumans, Namor or others over these years.
    Still I was and would be faithful to a Future Foundation, Or new 2 in 1, Fantastic Force, Unlimited, etc.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I don't mind the children have a backup story in an issue every now and then.

In other news, Johnny is the only FF member visible in this promotional art…

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ga-summer-2023
    Poor Johnny...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Fantastic Four #700 will have a wraparound variant cover by Scott Koblish. Judging from the size of the teaser image, you will probably have to buy 4 comics to get all the characters! According to Koblish the article at AIPT, there will be 700 different characters represented. I will take his word for it!

This image was a clipped a bit but you can see the full image posted with the article.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-27-2023 at 12:18 PM.