Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    Editorial demanded the return of Reed and Sue to restore the original line up.
    Damn. It would have been interesting to see how things played out if editorial stayed out of it.

I wonder if Reed and Sue would have gotten individual costumes if they stayed Avengers or if there were any costume designs made.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Damn. It would have been interesting to see how things played out if editorial stayed out of it.

I wonder if Reed and Sue would have gotten individual costumes if they stayed Avengers or if there were any costume designs made.
    That would've been interesting to see.

LOL. More than anything, I've always wondered the exact same thing.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 01-04-2023 at 07:22 AM.

This is my favorite FF Team ever!

It’s a crime that they’ve never regrouped and that Sharon is still stuck as She-Thing.
    While not my favorite team, I don't think they should be dumped on. This team had some of the best soap opera-ific arcs.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Yes, it would have been interesting if each team, FF, Avengers went on for the usual longer bit with these line ups.

I think the dynamics brewing between Reed and Cap would have made the Avengers a bit more conflicted as well.
    Reed would have obviously kept his costume, or waited until Sue designed one for him, as she did for the team waaaay back.
    I wonder what look she would have gone for. Maybe something that expressed the sense of what Malice 'taught' her, but not 'sexed up'.
    so black or darker blue and a cape, for sure.

My first issue of the FF was volume 1, # 64, The Coming of Ronan. I was 12, I think, or almost.
    I'd come across some earlier stuff, the '60s Marvel cartoons, and the odd book here or there, but at age 12

it imprinted, and very well. They've always been my favorite book, I unconditionally love them.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

And we now have the first FF issue for 2023, which is Johnny's feature issue. And North has put him in quite a pickle.
    spoilers:
    A good showcase for how Johnny doesn't directly or solely rely on his powers to resolve the problem at hand. Plus putting him in a leadership position, something that he's done before and should do more often. Also when Merrill revealed his past with Johnny I tried to recall if there were any stories from Johnny's Strange Tales series, or the more recent Human Torch series that line up with Merrill's; and it looks like he's a new character altogether. Johnny's coworkers knowing his identity does feel like a callback to Strange Tales where his and Sue's neighbors knew his superhero identity and were just humoring him.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I've truly enjoyed these nice quiet issues that North has been giving us. Very much looking forward to the First Family coming back together and seeing how North handles some larger scale stories.

Man, this issue made Johnny look like a chump though. And a weakling. Come on. He was an Avenger!
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-04-2023 at 08:09 AM.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Reed probably would have just taken the 4 off his chest. Sue maybe would have done the same, but tactically, is there a disadvantage to two characters in the same costume obviously linking them together?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Reed probably would have just taken the 4 off his chest. Sue maybe would have done the same, but tactically, is there a disadvantage to two characters in the same costume obviously linking them together?
    No, of course not. Look at Guardian/Vindicator, Northstar/Aurora, Starhawk/Aleta.

Just saying Reed and Sue should have their own non-FF uniforms like Ben and Johnny do and wondering if they were designed back then.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And we now have the first FF issue for 2023, which is Johnny's feature issue. And North has put him in quite a pickle.
    spoilers:
    A good showcase for how Johnny doesn't directly or solely rely on his powers to resolve the problem at hand. Plus putting him in a leadership position, something that he's done before and should do more often. Also when Merrill revealed his past with Johnny I tried to recall if there were any stories from Johnny's Strange Tales series, or the more recent Human Torch series that line up with Merrill's; and it looks like he's a new character altogether. Johnny's coworkers knowing his identity does feel like a callback to Strange Tales where his and Sue's neighbors knew his superhero identity and were just humoring him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Merrill is from the Byrne run. Fantastic Four #233
    end of spoilers
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I personally really loved today's issue. It's great to see Johnny away from the family or Spider-man and doing his own thing. I'm excited for the rest of North's run because I like his voices for all the members and wonder what stories he'll come up with.

spoilers:
    The cliffhanger reminds me of the Ben counterpart from Secret Wars. He could control earth and use it alter his size. I think it would be cool if 616 Ben got something similar to finally differentiate him from all the other Marvel bruisers
    end of spoilers

Man, this issue made Johnny look like a chump though. And a weakling. Come on. He was an Avenger!
    spoilers:
    I really enjoyed it. He used Johnny's hero status against him and presented a challenge that Johnny needed more than powers to solve. Merrill acknowledged that Johnny has the power of a God, but his morals are weakness he could exploit.

It made sense and led to Johnny having to use other skills to save the day. His charisma and ability to lead/inspire - a trait that he rarely gets to show. I find it much better for the character in than a feat of power.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I really liked this issue. The emphasis on the fact that Johnny constantly has to adjust the heat his body dissipates was on point and I'm very curious about what's going on with the team in general.
    end of spoilers

So? All of the main FF members have been Avengers at some point. Reed and Sue was already mentioned earlier, Ben was in one of Bendis's teams (pulling double duty like Wolverine with the same team and the X-Men), and Johnny was in the post-Secret Wars Uncanny Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman