Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I know we’re only three issues in but I’m really missing the kids right now. I hope we get them back soon..
    May is #700. I’m hoping they’re acknowledged.

They need to at least explain where the hell they are! There has to be a reason Frank, Val, Nikki and Jo aren't around.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    May is #700. I’m hoping they’re acknowledged.
    I'm seeing 694-699 as Ryan North getting his feet wet with individual tales showing how he handles the main characters. But the lack of kids is not what I expected from Ryan North, who showed he's full of fun with his USG (Unbeatable Squirrel Girl) run. The kids are an integral part of the book and although they are not always part of the action, they should be kept fairly close by through cameos and references at the very least.

Modern comics have started using anniversary issues as starting points as opposed to big finishes. I hope FF 700 is going to be one of those.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    April solicits:

Sue and Johnny teaming-up should be fun. I think North will write a fun Doc Ock.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    So I guess the kids are just…gone now?
    Really? Maybe I'll have to give this book a try.

I haven't missed the kids tbh...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Yeah I have to be honest and say that I haven't thought about the kids since this run began. I'm sure they are fine and will turn up soon enough.

On Reddit, someone posted a page showing Bombshell from Batgirl #23 (2009 series, so published in 2011 just prior to the New 52). She's a fan of a certain everloving blue eyed guy it seems (third page at the link - I tried posting the image directly but it won't show up).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...in_some_super/
    spoilers:
    Bombshell: "It's blank time"
    Stargirl "What's the blank for?"
    Bombshell: "I'll let you know when I'm done clobberin'"
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-22-2023 at 01:37 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Penguin Classics is releasing the next set of Marvel comics Classics in September. But pre-orders get a print!

Collects Fantastic Four #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 48, 49, 50, 51, and Fantastic Four Annual #6.

It is impossible to imagine American popular culture without Marvel Comics. For decades, Marvel has published groundbreaking visual narratives that sustain attention on multiple levels: as metaphors for the experience of difference and otherness; as meditations on the fluid nature of identity; and as high-water marks in the artistic tradition of American cartooning, to name a few. For the first time, these classic stories of some of the most iconic super heroes in the artistic tradition of American cartooning, to name a few.

Throughout the 1960s, The Fantastic Four doubled as both the flagship title and the creative laboratory of the Marvel Universe. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby introduced dozens of new characters and concepts in its pages, while expanding the emotional bandwidth and visual vocabulary of the super hero genre with every issue. This collection gathers some key tales from Lee and Kirby’s lengthy tenure—from their first experiments in generic hybridity through to the remarkable fusion of the cosmic and the quotidian that is the “The Galactus Trilogy.”

A foreword by Jerry Craft, and a scholarly introduction and a general series introduction by Ben Saunders offer further insights into the enduring significance of the Fantastic Four and classic Marvel comics.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They need to at least explain where the hell they are! There has to be a reason Frank, Val, Nikki and Jo aren't around.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm seeing 694-699 as Ryan North getting his feet wet with individual tales showing how he handles the main characters. But the lack of kids is not what I expected from Ryan North, who showed he's full of fun with his USG (Unbeatable Squirrel Girl) run. The kids are an integral part of the book and although they are not always part of the action, they should be kept fairly close by through cameos and references at the very least.

Modern comics have started using anniversary issues as starting points as opposed to big finishes. I hope FF 700 is going to be one of those.
    After years of the kids being integral to the book, it’s very jarring that they’re not even being mentioned with the exception of one line in issue one. Hopefully there’s a good reason and they’ll be part of the reason for everything that’s going on.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sue and Johnny teaming-up should be fun. I think North will write a fun Doc Ock.
    For me Ock and Reed have an underrated rivalry. In Slott's Spider-Man run, and particularly when Ock was in Peter's body as the Superior Spider-Man, he shows his arrogance with his self-proclaimed superiority over Reed in many fields of science, while Reed has grudging admiration for Ock's work. And remember when Reed turned to Ock for help with Sue's second pregnancy?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    For me Ock and Reed have an underrated rivalry. In Slott's Spider-Man run, and particularly when Ock was in Peter's body as the Superior Spider-Man, he shows his arrogance with his self-proclaimed superiority over Reed in many fields of science, while Reed has grudging admiration for Ock's work. And remember when Reed turned to Ock for help with Sue's second pregnancy?
    If I remember right Otto in his Big Time Sinister Six phase targeted Reed and the FF, though I might be wrong. I know he went after Tony and the Avengers Academy.

The FF "died" in this weeks X-Men event and the way it was done was kinda lazy tbh. It ignores that they're immune to Cosmic rays and that Ben is mostly over his appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The FF "died" in this weeks X-Men event and the way it was done was kinda lazy tbh. It ignores that they're immune to Cosmic rays and that Ben is mostly over his appearance.
    Not to mention Ben wanting to choke Reed out with his own hands made absolutely no sense. My head canon to make it work is he wanted a cosmic event like when they got their powers because he could use it to cover up their "murders" only thing that made sense. Doom probably chilling with them.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-27-2023 at 08:11 PM. Reason: and now ninja vanish. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not to mention Ben wanting to choke Reed out with his own hands made absolutely no sense. My head canon to make it work is he wanted a cosmic event like when they got their powers because he could use it to cover up their "murders" only thing that made sense. Doom probably chilling with them.
    I get that they needed to be out of the picture for the event to work. It just could have been handled better. Choking the guy who can fit through the eye of a needle is just a dumb way to go about it.

I'm just viewing it as AU, no matter what the X-office says.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-27-2023 at 09:02 PM.