Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm just viewing it as AU, no matter what the X-office says.
    Isn't the X-office pretty much all AU?
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 01-27-2023 at 09:50 PM.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Makes sense that Reed would die to strangulation actually, as it looks like the other three lose their previous powers and become Things.

Sins of Sinister will definitely end the same way AXE Judgement Day did - with a rollback to reverse any deaths. It has to, as there's also a scene where Cyclops discusses genetic modification with Captain America - suggesting that he be given an X gene. Steve agrees, as it would make quite a statement - and ends up being replaced by a Sinister Clone who assassinates the president. Scarlet Witch is dead too.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/how-...s-of-sinister/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    I think we are done with the spoiler tags for this issue by now...
    Yes plz. I have to add that let's forget the nitpick about the fight and note that this New FF launch has soured on me big time. Issue #3 clinched the groaning icky sentimentality that taken over the book with North. It solidified what I couldn't quite put my finger on in the other issues.

I was willing to give issue #1 a pass for being out of the gate and writing Ben as a simpleton rather than a simple guy but #2 just stepped off wrong with situating the robot takeover as some kind of misguided AI and Doom into some sort of a failed genius rather than a whole one like Reed. Because we are to understand that what makes our heroes HEROES is not their powers but their big hearts and optimism and in the case of Reed his genius is being positive without fail. We see that too in the chezzy rendition of Johnny Storm Union organizer...really? WTF #3 carries on with the first two issues of this run of the series with The Fantastic Four scattered yet unified in their 'socially responsible' heroism in the face of Artificial life, corporate greed.

The FF has been a to be avoided book for years because it was a "Family" book espousing homilies about pulling together, standing by your relations and friends like an old sitcom from the 50's as if the book was a nostalgia trip. Gone was the actual wonder and daring of the classic run and its many worthy runs of inventive and challenging stories of the science team that also happened to be a family. It was one of the last books to make a comeback to the reinvented MU because it was a corny collection of characters that seemed out of step with the times. I say that as a fan and long time reader.

“I want to do these smaller, self-contained stories in the vein of ’60s Star Trek where they go down to a planet, find a weird thing, fix the weird thing, and move on,” North said of his approach in an interview with EW. “Having these four weirdos roll into town where there’s a mystery or a problem or some sci-fi thing, solve the problem, and then move on struck me as a very interesting way to position the Fantastic Four and tell stories that would feel fresh and not like a retread of what we’ve seen before.”
    It wasn't done before because preach-y comics are boring and strawman arguments from the get-go. It was unique to TV in the 60's because that was not what people thought of in terms of science fiction. Fact was westerns had already been doing that preaching for a while seems to escape many a commentator. And I have read people saying it "contains much of what's admirable about this specific franchise, embracing exploration and wonder over violent superhero antics..." yet I wonder why they are blowing all this air up to praise something that is not there. What exploration? What is challenging here? Where is the wonder rather than the wondering?

Great stories featuring Johnny were mentioned here as showing him struggle with the limits of his abilities, his fame trying to live up to the hero status and issue 3 tries to ride this out of the barn door but it fails so miserably with the cut-out villain of the story and injecting some misbegotten "realism" into the use of his flame powers.

I shudder to think where this series is now going, and its true redeeming quality may be that it makes the DeFalco and Ryan era look good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    Words you don't have to re-read.

I think this is valuable input. The FF is viewed as lame for the nuclear family concept (even though they aren't stereotypical nuclear). So we must use subterfuge to change them in a way we keep old readers (but don't acknowledge them) and harvest new readers. The old readers aren't fickle. New readers are. I can't begin to count the number of times I've read about newer (to us) readers cancelling for a few issues, an author, or simply picking up one book for a cover alone. We collect all the way through.

I own all modern to #5. If the FF summarily loses "their way", I will call it a day. Yes I know, cool story.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I wouldn't mind this at all

sexy ass Dev as sexy ass Reed - hubba hubba

https://www.cbr.com/mcu-reed-richards-dev-patel-report/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Yeah, that's a pretty decent choice, actually. I'm pretty impressed.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I've wanted this for years. He's been one of my top choices for a long time
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm curious what their new headquarters will be.

He's almost too handsome for me to see as Reed .

Reed definitely not losing to Namor in the looks department here.

BANNED

What Reed did has been spoiled

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/what...d-ff-spoilers/

spoilers:
    The Negative Zone invaded New York, Reed shifted the Baxter Building and it's surrounding buildings into a pocket dimension. Ben and Alicia's children as well as Franklyn and Valeria unfortunately ended up trapped on the other side
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    And they'll return when a year has passed (they shouldn't have stated that - it would age up everyone else by a year if we know a year has passed between this volume launching and them coming back, and that has the potential to contradict Miles Morales' book). So, are they in suspended animation?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    What Reed did has been spoiled

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/what...d-ff-spoilers/

spoilers:
    The Negative Zone invaded New York, Reed shifted the Baxter Building and it's surrounding buildings into a pocket dimension. Ben and Alicia's children as well as Franklyn and Valeria unfortunately ended up trapped on the other side
    end of spoilers
    As far as things Reed could have done, I've seen worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    And they'll return when a year has passed (they shouldn't have stated that - it would age up everyone else by a year if we know a year has passed between this volume launching and them coming back, and that has the potential to contradict Miles Morales' book). So, are they in suspended animation?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    By the sounds of it, the kids are in suspended animation and the year gives the team to figure out a solution. So the kids won't age.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

There's literally nothing that indicates suspended animation. This is a set up to age the kids a bit more to join or start a teenager based group: Marvel's biggest clientele.