Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I personally have been enjoying it, and the "mystery box" will be revealed next week
    It's nice this one is not overstaying its welcome lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's starting out slow but it's been solid and fun so far, and North seems to have a good handle on the cast and their voices.
    I'm okay with slow as long as it's good slow, not the "Comic is decompressed for the sake of being decompressed" slow.

The first issue itself was an example of doing it well, 'cause while Ben and Alicia take a while to solve the whole thing, it had fun character interactions during it, and the problem solved itself within the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's nice this one is not overstaying its welcome lol.

I'm okay with slow as long as it's good slow, not the "Comic is decompressed for the sake of being decompressed" slow.

The first issue itself was an example of doing it well, 'cause while Ben and Alicia take a while to solve the whole thing, it had fun character interactions during it, and the problem solved itself within the same issue.
    Issues 2 and 3 definitely had a similar style to issue 1 in a way I’d guess you’d like.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Franklin should be at driving permit age, so he should be 15 or 16. Valeria has been called a teenager, so she’s 13. They need to stop changing the ages of the kids. They’ve been consistent since coming back from their five years in the timestream…

That's because Slott was their only writer since then. This week's issue will be first time North has used them, and from the looks of it, only in flashback.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's because Slott was their only writer since then. This week's issue will be first time North has used them, and from the looks of it, only in flashback.
    Right, but that’s no reason to de-age them (if that even happened, it could just be artistic license) after all of the recent storylines where them being teenagers was a major plot point. If it gets undone (and I pray it doesn’t) it needs to be addressed in a story, not in a hand wavey flashback.

I’m loving the stories so far, so I’m trusting Ryan… Sounds like he’s taking all of the kids off of the table for a year, unless the FF figure out how to fix it.

Extraordinary Member

Still waiting for someone to unleash Val's Marvel Girl powers.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Right, but that’s no reason to de-age them (if that even happened, it could just be artistic license) after all of the recent storylines where them being teenagers was a major plot point. If it gets undone (and I pray it doesn’t) it needs to be addressed in a story, not in a hand wavey flashback.

I’m loving the stories so far, so I’m trusting Ryan… Sounds like he’s taking all of the kids off of the table for a year, unless the FF figure out how to fix it.
    Franklin maybe. But Val has had no significant story that is tied to her being a teen. Heck, she has had no story at all tbh

Val is better as a kid than one of the countless genius teenagers.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Still waiting for someone to unleash Val's Marvel Girl powers.
    I hope she never gets them, personally.

Franklin maybe. But Val has had no significant story that is tied to her being a teen. Heck, she has had no story at all tbh

I think she's at a fine mid-point age-wise. With her age-up she can maybe do a little bit more.

I think she's at a fine mid-point age-wise. With her age-up she can maybe do a little bit more.
    I agree that's its fine because a toddler running around is bit much. But it should around 8-10, when you get into the teenage territory then she starts to become redundant. Especially, in the previous run where she had none of her personality.

She did have that alien love interest. Ditched him when it turned out he had a harem!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She did have that alien love interest. Ditched him when it turned out he had a harem!
    Bentley did seem to show an interest in her...but that never went anywhere.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

And that's a problem for Val. Teens are far more common comic characters than younger kids. I'd also like to see Val a little younger and an age contemporary of Moon Girl. That could be an interesting rivalry. Val and Lunella being a few years younger and arguably smarter than the current crop of teenage geniuses makes for a fun setting.

As for Val's plots, there is the one where she's torn between Reed and Doom regarding magic. Doom used magic in aiding Val's birth and whether it was to actually only aid in birthing her, or in the more tropey "use her as a weapon later on" plan, magic is part of her.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I agree that's its fine because a toddler running around is bit much. But it should around 8-10, when you get into the teenage territory then she starts to become redundant. Especially, in the previous run where she had none of her personality.
    I dunno, she was a pretty stuck-up know-it-all, although I guess she just wasn't as competent a stuck-up know-it-all .
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    And that's a problem for Val. Teens are far more common comic characters than younger kids. I'd also like to see Val a little younger and an age contemporary of Moon Girl. That could be an interesting rivalry. Val and Lunella being a few years younger and arguably smarter than the current crop of teenage geniuses makes for a fun setting.

As for Val's plots, there is the one where she's torn between Reed and Doom regarding magic. Doom used magic in aiding Val's birth and whether it was to actually only aid in birthing her, or in the more tropey "use her as a weapon later on" plan, magic is part of her.
    They already had a rivalry. There was like that one issue where I think they were holding a block party and Val and Lunella met and sparks flew.

They already had a rivalry. There was like that one issue where I think they were holding a block party and Val and Lunella met and sparks flew.
    The rivalry isn't something that would be over in one meeting. My bringing it up is mentioning that Val should be closer to Moon Girl in age. Not a 5 to 9, or a 13 to 9 comparison, but a 9 or 10 to 9 pairing.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?