Page 211 of 223 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3332
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    New weekly story ‘The Joker Year One’ coming to ‘Batman’ in February 2024: https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/16/th...man-dc-comics/
    Its the opposite of what most fans want but they will talk about it for sure and that is the only thing that counts. Sigh. Hopefully it will be expanding Mask Of The Phantasm and not Hush Returns...

DC Announces The Bat-Man: First Knight From Dan Jurgens and Mike Perkins
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/dc...s-mike-perkins

How is they've made 800 Batman BL stories and Jurgens is the first writer to come up with an actually interesting premise?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Do DC Characters still have past life memories as set up at the end of Death Metal or has there been an explicit statement or event where that is no longer the case?

So a Golden Age Batman? I'd like to see more GA takes on DC characters, but it's hard to get too excited about yet another Batman Black Label book. They could rename it Bat Label at this point.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So a Golden Age Batman? I'd like to see more GA takes on DC characters, but it's hard to get too excited about yet another Batman Black Label book. They could rename it Bat Label at this point.
    I'm reminded one of the stories in the last round robin was a conspiracy spy thriller starring Alan Scott.

They should make that into a full series.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Raven isn't Indian.
    Pretty sure the inspiration for her was an Indian Actress.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    He isn’t I believe and he’s drawn White like Starfire, Raven and Beast Boy. Thought to be fair artwork of Cyborg, Bumblebee, Blue Beetle and several others exists. Damian is also POC in that series
    damian is also white passing like Dick, Star, Raven and Gar [he's actually slightly darker] Cyborg, Bumblebee and Jamie aren't in the series [the fan art isn't representative of the series]
    The African American OC is the visible ethnic one in the series however the series does embrace Damian's anestestory.

There are 4 of the novels out so far, 3 have 2 Poc and the series was already a best seller before Dick joined in the 4th title. Star is yet to join. The 5th book comes out like a year and it's already on the top 30 Amazon best seller based on pre-orders.

I hope DC carries on investing in Garcia and more titles like this one. They are reaching a new readership which DC needs.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Do DC Characters still have past life memories as set up at the end of Death Metal or has there been an explicit statement or event where that is no longer the case?
    They dropped it a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    damian is also white passing like Dick, Star, Raven and Gar [he's actually slightly darker] Cyborg, Bumblebee and Jamie aren't in the series [the fan art isn't representative of the series]
    The African American OC is the visible ethnic one in the series however the series does embrace Damian's anestestory.

There are 4 of the novels out so far, 3 have 2 Poc and the series was already a best seller before Dick joined in the 4th title. Star is yet to join. The 5th book comes out like a year and it's already on the top 30 Amazon best seller based on pre-orders.

I hope DC carries on investing in Garcia and more titles like this one. They are reaching a new readership which DC needs.
    Starfire's was announced though and the cover was revealed, so we know what she'll look like... which does, of course, match the fanart the artist did before starting those OGNs. So she isn't black like she was on the live action Titans show.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    How is they've made 800 Batman BL stories and Jurgens is the first writer to come up with an actually interesting premise?
    So . . . more along the lines of this:

from Detective Comics #1027

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It was referenced towards the end of Adams' Flash run that the Flashes remember all of their past lives but that others don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Legit shocked that Jurgens has one of the few Bat book pitches I’m actually willing to try out. Maybe it’s partly because despite being one of DC’s longest running creators he’s actually not done a lot of Batman, that might give him a different perspective.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    It was referenced towards the end of Adams' Flash run that the Flashes remember all of their past lives but that others don't.
    First came up in Williamson's run. Barry, Iris, and Wallace saw their memories of pre-Flashpoint. Wallace was horrified to realise that he didn't exist in that previous timeline, and only exists because of Flashpoint. The other Wally of course always had all his memories, ever since he came back in the Rebirth one-shot. As did Bart I think, as he came back in Flash #50 having, like Wally, been erased in the New 52, which actually left them (along with Jesse Quick and Max Mercury) trapped in the Speed Force.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-18-2023 at 05:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Starfire's was announced though and the cover was revealed, so we know what she'll look like... which does, of course, match the fanart the artist did before starting those OGNs. So she isn't black like she was on the live action Titans show.
    I know Star isn't black in Garcia's TT Young Adult Series. I said she was White. Hence why I said that the already released novels have 2 POC.
    Damian and the OC team member he's dating. [I can't quite recall her name she's Raven's Room mate]

They were in books 2, 3 and then Dick had a guest spot in book 4. TT:Robin.
    Starfire's title is coming next then maybe Cyborg if a suitable writer can be found.