Page 175 of 223 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3332

People saying they need to deage Jon back when they initially aged him up was always funny to me.

They'll go up in age but never down; if anything, he'll be stuck at his age for a long time.

Best chance for a kid Jon is in outside media.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

I could've imagined Young Justice eventually using the Super Sons. In season 4, Jon was a toddler, and Damian was a baby. That means Jon's older than Damian, just like post-age up in the comics. If they skipped ahead a few years like they'd done each season previously, they could be aged up enough to become Robin and Superboy.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-12-2023 at 02:24 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That’s not entirely true. Yara’s was outselling WW before delays killed the hype.
    Yara's case is strange to say the least. Yara and Black Widow were the only solo comics starring female characters in the TOP50, and they were surreptitiously canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Yara's case is strange to say the least. Yara and Black Widow were the only solo comics starring female characters in the TOP50, and they were surreptitiously canceled.
    Does Marvel even bother to give characters like Black Widow definite on-going series these days, or is it just mini-/limited-series for characters like her?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does Marvel even bother to give characters like Black Widow definite on-going series these days, or is it just mini-/limited-series for characters like her?
    Black Widow was an ongoing before it was cancelled. Captain Marvel lasted for 50 issues and got a relaunch. They're also launching a new Spider-Woman ongoing.
    Both companies have very few female-led ongoings, though. If you're not WW or Gotham-adjacent, chances are pretty low.
    I guess PG is probably the only exception I can think of right now, but it's weird how not even Supergirl has her own book.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Marvel makes bets, if it works, he will gain more life. For example, Spider-Woman by Sarah Pacheco, Black Cat by Jed MacKay. Others get mini-series, like Wasp (two recent minis by Al Ewing) and Jane Foster.
    Black Widow was strange, it appeared well in the sales indexes and won the Eisner, and was canceled because of the paper crisis. WTF?
    NOTE: Spider-Woman will get a new comic book, White Widow too.

We do have the current Fire and Ice mini with the potential to become an ongoing (like everything else).

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Wonder-Girl's cancellation was weird since it appears the delays was primarily because Joelle Jones couldn't handle doing the art on a monthly schedule.

Which begs the question why they couldn't just bring in another artist to help ease the tension off her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wonder-Girl's cancellation was weird since it appears the delays was primarily because Joelle Jones couldn't handle doing the art on a monthly schedule.

Which begs the question why they couldn't just bring in another artist to help ease the tension off her.
    I'd rather it'd be a different writer, the art was too good, but the story was too fast.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Longer. He debuted in 2015, got aged up in 2018, so generously we had 3 years of kid Jon. 2019-2023 is 4 years, meaning Jon being a kid is now the weird aberration in terms of the character’s history. They won’t be deaging him, if anything Damian will get aged up, especially since the real world actor who plays DCU Damian is unlikely to be a little kid.
    I hope Damian stays 14. Don't want him stuck with Tim and the rest of the 16yrold back logs

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Black Widow was an ongoing before it was cancelled. Captain Marvel lasted for 50 issues and got a relaunch. They're also launching a new Spider-Woman ongoing.
    Both companies have very few female-led ongoings, though. If you're not WW or Gotham-adjacent, chances are pretty low.
    I guess PG is probably the only exception I can think of right now, but it's weird how not even Supergirl has her own book.
    Supergirl has a Special coming in Nov which is probably going to lead into a new ongoing. That’s what they did with Power Girl: backups, then a Special, then an ongoing. Even if I’m wrong she’ll have one before long, she has a movie coming at some point after all.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Marvel makes bets, if it works, he will gain more life. For example, Spider-Woman by Sarah Pacheco, Black Cat by Jed MacKay. Others get mini-series, like Wasp (two recent minis by Al Ewing) and Jane Foster.
    Black Widow was strange, it appeared well in the sales indexes and won the Eisner, and was canceled because of the paper crisis. WTF?
    NOTE: Spider-Woman will get a new comic book, White Widow too.
    Black Widow herself is going to join the Venom book - written by the writer who did most of Jane Foster: Valkyrie and the last few issues of Donny Cates' Thor run. I think it replaces the Dylan Brock segments of the comic due to Ram V becoming DC exclusive (Al Ewing continues as Eddie's writer).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

So far I'm really enjoying the City boy & Spirit world comics. Both Cameron & Xanthe are very entertaining characters with cool powersets, but sometimes I wonder if they characters would do well without guest appearances. I understand the need for them as more people will be interested to buy a comic with Superman or Batman on the cover and in the previews, but do the characters need to be cemented it these new characters origins? If they weren't present, would these characters be as compelling, I think so, but many would disagree.

I just hope these characters will be able to find some purchase in the DC landscape. I don't know how writers are going to want to write these characters.

Extraordinary Member

https://bestjackettpress.substack.co...c-shop#details
    And right now I'm dabbling with going back to superheroes. Like I'm talking ideas, talking about things to do for a while from now, but still.
    Scott Snyder might be over his cape comics burnout? Would be in 2024 at the earliest. Not sure if he would come back to DC, Capullo is over at Marvel so maybe that’s where he’d go if he does decide to jump back in. Right now all the “big books” are taken: Batman & Tec, Superman & Action, Wonder Woman, Hal and John GL, the Flash, Titans, JSA, Batman/Superman, etc. Only exception is JL but he already did a run there. If Snyder came back I’m not sure where he would even go, though I’m sure Batman would be part of it. Maybe a team book like Suicide Squad? Or a magic book of some kind?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/