Page 205 of 223 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3332

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Dawn of DC Reveals More Information About its "Trinity of Evil": https://www.cbr.com/dawn-of-dc-trini...tman-superman/
    Getting a "404 - This page is not available!" with your link.

There's Bleeding Cool, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytten View Post
    Makes sense, still would have liked a Wonder Woman representative in the evil version of a "concept" she is a part of especially since both Batman and Superman have one.
    They shown other Zur-En-Arrh Batman across the multiverse and Waller not long ago was making deals with Earth-3, so she could just get someone from another universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Zaslav is doubling down on GAAS:

Need that Suicide Squad game to flop as bad as GK did, maybe that will be the kick in the nuts he needs. Hope he doesn’t ruin the WW game with micro transactions.
    The idea of just selling a good game got lost somewhere between Arkham Knight and now. This is sad.
    It's clear that Warner just stumbled across a incredible franchise with the Arkham games and had no idea of what made it great to begin with.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I haven't seen anything to indicate to me that Suicide Squad has a chance of doing well.

Part where he says DC is mainly just Batman irritates the hell out of me. How about trying to change that buddy? Marvel’s about to eat your guys lunch with all the games they’ve got in dev (Iron Man, Wolverine, Black Panther, Captain America). They learned their lesson with Avengers, meanwhile DC only has a crappy looking SS game and a solo WW game coming up (I guess Injustice 3 too but that’s not exactly making fans of any character but Batman). Plus they refuse to learn from GK’s failure like Marvel did from Avengers. Way to drop the ball guys.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't seen anything to indicate to me that Suicide Squad has a chance of doing well.
    Hopefully the game being delayed earlier this year helped things out a lot. I'm pretty curious to see what it looks like now, hopefully we get another trailer soon. Even though the core concepts are hard to change and don't excite me, maybe the gameplay will be worth it.

I wish they would stop mimicking the movies. It’s weird how few runs have attempted to do the political intrigue from Ostrander’s run that made the book so interesting and unique in the first place.
    They keep doing the same kind of runs while ignoring the approach that actually made the book last for 70+ issues.
    Plus Williamson and Taylor’s current take on Amanda Waller is definitely not making me optimistic that they’re finally giving the concept more thought, so I hope the actual book is written by someone else. Maybe if they give it to a writer of Spurrier or Simone’s caliber it can be salvaged.

Hmm, I already thought this came out and flopped for some reason.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Wait we're getting a new Suicide Squad book?

Do we get any details on it before the pages got cut, like roster or writer/artist team?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Part where he says DC is mainly just Batman irritates the hell out of me. How about trying to change that buddy? Marvel’s about to eat your guys lunch with all the games they’ve got in dev (Iron Man, Wolverine, Black Panther, Captain America). They learned their lesson with Avengers, meanwhile DC only has a crappy looking SS game and a solo WW game coming up (I guess Injustice 3 too but that’s not exactly making fans of any character but Batman). Plus they refuse to learn from GK’s failure like Marvel did from Avengers. Way to drop the ball guys.
    why would he try to change that, he doesnt care.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait we're getting a new Suicide Squad book?

Do we get any details on it before the pages got cut, like roster or writer/artist team?
    Apparently not. We only know that Dreamer is helping Waller recruit her "dream team" for some reason.
    Nicole Maines seems to be writing a story setting it up in the Beast World Metropolis one-shot. She has basically written every appearance of Dreamer because she was the actress playing the character in Supergirl.
    Good for representation, but it would have been even better to actually have experienced trans writers for the job. We might have gotten better content.

Astonishing Member

The upcoming game, comic or both?

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The upcoming game, comic or both?
    It does get confusing when people switch back and forth between the two and assume EVERYBODY knows what they are referring to.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Apparently not. We only know that Dreamer is helping Waller recruit her "dream team" for some reason.
    Nicole Maines seems to be writing a story setting it up in the Beast World Metropolis one-shot. She has basically written every appearance of Dreamer because she was the actress playing the character in Supergirl.
    Good for representation, but it would have been even better to actually have experienced trans writers for the job. We might have gotten better content.
    If Dreamer actually is apart of the main book, then this might actually be an improvement for the character.

Cause pretty much all her appearances are either one-shots or guest starring for at least one issue. It prevents the character from getting a real portfolio cause she's not really part of a long-term story in any major capacity.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'll copy and paste in case it'll be deleted lol...

DC’s signals a ‘Trinity of Evil’ with new Dawn of DC details and timeline into 2024

DC’s signals a ‘Trinity of Evil’ with new DC Comics has released new info on major story developments that’ll have ramifications in 2024 as they’ve dubbed a “Trinity of Evil” is coming. Along with the info, there’s plenty of cover art. So what’s the Trinity of Evil? It appears to be Amanda Waller, Queen Brainiac (more on her here), and Batman of Zur En Arrh, but it’s still unconfirmed.

What isn’t unclear is a newly minted Dawn of DC timeline, which you can view below.

DC also promised the Dawn of DC will continue through 2024, and next up for the lineup is Titans: Beast World. That event will have Beast Boy losing control of his powers, unleashing them on the DC universe with villains and heroes fighting to retain their humanity. Waller will leverage this to rid the world of metahumans.

Waller’s scheming begins in Action Comics #1060 and Titans: Beast World Tour Metropolis #1, both on sale December 12. She plans to recruit Super Heroes and Super-Villains for a new Task Force X, with Nia Nal, aka Dreamer, playing a vital role. What that role is, and who else will be enlisted is still shrouded in mystery, but fans will find out what Amanda Waller has planned for Dreamer and the rest of this new team when the new series Suicide Squad: Dream Team launches in March.

Then, in Superman and Action Comics, Superman (and the entire Superman family) will face Lobo, Brainiac, and the Green Lanterns. The six-issue crossover story “House of Brainiac” will see the release of Czarnians (Lobo and Crush’s species) who will attack the Earth.

Then, in December’s Batman #140 (“Mindbomb”), The Dark Knight will not only face his most brutal battle yet with The Joker, but Zur En Arrh will finally reveal his master plan in his relentless pursuit of eradicating all crime! DC then teased throughout the spring that the “Dark Prisons” storyline will run through Batman #145 – #148. Batman will have to face a terrifying figure from his past in order to survive Zur’s onslaught. And if he survives, DC promises a new enemy is waiting in the wings: Amanda Waller and the U.S. military.

For more on this news, read the official press release below.

Beast Boy is about to lose control of his powers, unleashing them across the DC Universe! DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains alike will be fighting to retain their humanity, or risk turning into uncontrollable animal versions of themselves. Titans: Beast World, beginning on November 28, takes the ongoing Dawn of DC publishing initiative and the DC Universe on a thrilling, high-stakes adventure, and is one of several current and upcoming storylines that will shape the look of the DCU in 2024.

And a Trinity of Evil waits in the shadows to capitalize on the chaos!

Titans: Beast World Launches Amanda Waller’s Plans for the DC Universe!

Amanda Waller, DC’s Queen of sinister operations, will play a key role Titans: Beast World. As the Super Heroes and Super-Villains of the DCU struggle to remain human, “The Wall” will seize this opportunity to rid humanity of metahumans once and for all, and at any cost. Furthermore, Waller is not above using those same metahumans to achieve her goals.

Waller’s plan begins in Action Comics #1060 and Titans: Beast World Tour Metropolis #1, both on sale December 12. She plans to recruit Super Heroes and Super-Villains for a new Task Force X, with Nia Nal, aka Dreamer, playing a vital role. What that role is, and who else will be enlisted is still shrouded in mystery, but fans will find out what Amanda Waller has planned for Dreamer and the rest of this new team when new series launches in March.

The Brainiac Queen Dominates Superman, Action Comics, and the House of Brainiac

Announced at New York Comic Con as part of the “Superman Superstars” takeover of Action Comics, Superman, Brainiac, and the Brainiac Queen will play crucial roles in DC’s 2024 plans.

“House of Brainiac” is a story in six parts, told between Action Comics and Superman, in addition to a Superman/Brainiac special one-shot. Superman’s world-collecting foe will finally launch the attack teased in Titans: Beast World Tour Metropolis, the current Superman run by Joshua Williamson, and August’s Superman Annual #1, starting with his release of Czarnians (Lobo and Crush’s species) to attack the Earth. With the subsequent introduction of the Brainiac Queen, the “House of Brainiac” storyline will result in a major confrontation between Superman (and the entire Superman family) Lobo, Brainiac, and the Green Lanterns.

Beginning with December’s Batman #140 (“Mindbomb”), The Dark Knight will not only face his most brutal battle yet with The Joker, but Zur En Arrh will finally reveal his master plan in his relentless pursuit of eradicating all crime! Then, throughout the spring (“Dark Prisons,” Batman #145 – #148), Batman will have to face a terrifying figure from his past in order to survive Zur’s onslaught. And if he survives, a new enemy is waiting in the wings: Amanda Waller and the U.S. military!

And This “Trinity of Evil” is Just the Beginning of What’s Coming to DC in 2024!

From the start of Dawn of DC in January 2023, through next Summer, DC continues to build storylines that will deliver major consequences throughout the DC Universe by the end of 2024. Some of these initial Dawn of DC comics are still available at participating comic book shops, and as collected editions at book and mass market retailers, and through the DC UNIVERSE INFINITE Digital Subscription Service (DCUI).
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/09/dc...inity-of-evil/

I love how DC is using the concept of Trinity while completely ignoring one third of it. It's like that Gods and Monsters animated movie where the bad versions of Superman and Batman were their actual villains, but a stand-in for WW is a New Gods character with no relation to her. I think it's time for a rebranding of "Trinity" into "Duality". Especially now that Diana's daughter is also called "Trinity" and it's just gonna be confusing for everyone