Page 206 of 223 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3332

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    why would he try to change that, he doesnt care.
    He cares about money. If you look at the games industry right now, GAAS are tanking while single player games like Spider-Man 2 are doing great. He’s chasing a trend which has already peaked and burnt itself out. He’d make more money doing SP superhero games.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Zaslav being out of touch? What a surprise !
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The upcoming game, comic or both?
    The game, what with the live-service model that people still think can work in this day and age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I love how DC is using the concept of Trinity while completely ignoring one third of it. It's like that Gods and Monsters animated movie where the bad versions of Superman and Batman were their actual villains, but a stand-in for WW is a New Gods character with no relation to her. I think it's time for a rebranding of "Trinity" into "Duality". Especially now that Diana's daughter is also called "Trinity" and it's just gonna be confusing for everyone
    It's even more surprising with how well Tom King's run is doing and I'm not even a big fan of it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He cares about money. If you look at the games industry right now, GAAS are tanking while single player games like Spider-Man 2 are doing great. He’s chasing a trend which has already peaked and burnt itself out. He’d make more money doing SP superhero games.
    the non stop losses at Wb doesnt make me belive he cares about money either, at least for the company, he did get the largest bonus out of any studio head last year despite nonstop failures. So i ask again why would he care about imporving and doing the right thing when get paid so much now

That new Dawn of DC teaser has got to be the lamest so far. No real hints at anything new. No new solos or team books, just events from writers who don’t have the greatest track record with them.

Is that guy in the previews Afterthought from Orlando's Midnighter series? Didn't think I'd ever see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That new Dawn of DC teaser has got to be the lamest so far. No real hints at anything new. No new solos or team books, just events from writers who don’t have the greatest track record with them.
    Yeah, does that mean nothing new is launching any time soon?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, does that mean nothing new is launching any time soon?
    we get solicits next week right? Beast world ends in january, so nex books would sprout from that the following month i believe

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

The last ongoing, Power Girl, launched end of September and there’s no new ongoings for October, November, December nor January… What’s going on?! I was expecting them to launch a few a month given how the first wave(s) launched.

At least we know there’s Suicide Squad (though probably just a mini/maxi) launching in March, but where’s Aquaman, Justice League Dark characters, Teen Titans etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    The last ongoing, Power Girl, launched end of September and there’s no new ongoings for October, November, December nor January… What’s going on?! I was expecting them to launch a few a month given how the first wave(s) launched.

At least we know there’s Suicide Squad (though probably just a mini/maxi) launching in March, but where’s Aquaman, Justice League Dark characters, Teen Titans etc.
    Before you get so gung-ho about launching more and more new on-going books every month, how many books can DC reasonably produce per a month? How many books do they have coming out now (both on-going and limited series) per a month, and how many titles do they have ending in the next month or two?
    And how many of their current "monthly" titles are having problems coming out on a monthly basis (aside from the obvious Justice Society of America)?

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Under the Dawn of DC banner specifically, I count 19 active ongoing series and 11 limited series (2 starting in November; with only 8 are running into 2024).

Guess I’m just surprised/disappointed they aren’t pushing it more is all, especially when they recently committed to as many as 7-8 (IIRC) Elseworlds books coming out in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post
    Under the Dawn of DC banner specifically, I count 19 active ongoing series and 11 limited series (2 starting in November; with only 8 are running into 2024).

Guess I’m just surprised/disappointed they aren’t pushing it more is all, especially when they recently committed to as many as 7-8 (IIRC) Elseworlds books coming out in 2024.
    And 98% of them involve Batman.

Jan and Feb are apparently the worst months to launch new books. Perhaps DC is holding back on a new wave until March. A lot of series are ending and we know King at least has a new DC mini coming out, as does Ram V, PKJ is working on something new that involves Superman, Jason Aaron has teased more DC projects, etc.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Doesn't surprise me at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It’s only an events teaser of past and future events. Regular titles aren’t in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s only an events teaser of past and future events. Regular titles aren’t in it.
    I see that. But as a teaser, it’s underwhelming.