Page 174 of 223 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3332

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ugh. I think we’re stuck with aged up Jon calling himself “Superman” as long as Tom Taylor is exclusive to DC.
    I doubt they will ever turn him back to a kid, anyways.
    At this point he has being a teenager for the same amount of time that he was a kid, if not more.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I'd say it probably has more to do with the fact that if they turned him back into a kid they wouldn't be able to do certain things with him. And it would be odd anyway since Damian isn't a kid anymore either.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-11-2023 at 08:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

They obviously don't want to deal with little kids, and they want Jon and Damian to be older, so they can do more with them. That's why they didn't deage Jon despite the fact, that they were undoing some controversial decisions from previous regime, and claimed, that they're listening. And that's the same reason why Damian keeps getting older, he's already fifteen in Batman and Robin, if I'm not mistaken.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's not going to change, especially with them focusing on Jon bisexuality.
    Sharing a mantle is already a huge thing for both Marvel and DC, we have Peter and Miles, Logan and Laura, Damian and Tim, Steve and Sam, Bruce and Jace, Barry and Wally. Apparently both DC and Marvel are okay with that.
    Bruh, you forgot Clint and Kate, Jaimes and Ted, and even multiple Green Lanterns.

They obviously don't want to deal with little kids, and they want Jon and Damian to be older, so they can do more with them. That's why they didn't deage Jon despite the fact, that they were undoing some controversial decisions from previous regime, and claimed, that they're listening. And that's the same reason why Damian keeps getting older, he's already fifteen in Batman and Robin, if I'm not mistaken.
    Wally's kids will probably get a boost soon, I'm sure .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Bruh, you forgot Clint and Kate, Jaimes and Ted, and even multiple Green Lanterns.
    Yeah, and there are also Matt and Elektra, and Eddie and Dylan, and Arthur and Jackson.
    Jesus Christ, I didn't even realize how many characters are doing this.

Jon is a teen but he's SuperMAN. Kara is an adult but she's SuperGIRL. Conner is at least as old as Jon but he's SuperBOY. Make it make sense

Amazing how hard DC has failed this character. At this point they clearly don’t even care at all about him and are just letting Taylor do what he wants while they focus on Clark to prep for Legacy. I think the only way to fix Jon is to kill him off and then do a radical revamp of him once he returns after keeping him dead for a while. Frankly though, I’d rather they focus on building up other members of the Superfamily like Kenan, Kara, and Kon.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah, and there are also Matt and Elektra, and Eddie and Dylan, and Arthur and Jackson.
    Jesus Christ, I didn't even realize how many characters are doing this.
    Yeah, it's a lot.

Marvel:
    Hawkeye - Clint Barton and Kate Bishop
    Wolverine - James "Logan" Howlett and Laura Kinney
    Spider-Man - Peter Parker and Miles Morales
    Wasp - Janet Van Dyne and Nadia Van Dyne
    Venom - Eddie Brock, Dylan Brock, and Natasha Romanoff (yeah, Black Widow's the new star of the Venom book)
    Valkyrie - Jane Foster and Runa (Runa is based on the MCU Valkyrie)
    Daredevil - Matt Murdock and Elektra Nachios
    Captain America - Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson
    Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers and Genis-Vell
    Nova - Richard Rider and Sam Alexander
    Ghost Rider - Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch, and Robbie Reyes

DC:
    Superman - Clark Kent and Jon Kent
    Batman - Bruce Wayne and Jace Fox
    Robin - Tim Drake and Damian Wayne
    Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark and Yara Flor
    Batgirl - Barbara Gordon, Cassandra Cain, and Stephanie Brown
    Aquaman - Arthur Curry and Jackson Hyde
    Flash - Jay Garrick, Barry Allen, Wally West, and Avery Ho (no spelling variation like the rest of the Justice League of China)
    Green Lantern - Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Simon Baz, Jessica Cruz, and Sojourner Mullein.
    Wildcat - Ted Grant and Yolanda Montez
    Doctor Mid-Nite - Pieter Cross and Beth Chapel
    Green Arrow - Oliver Queen and Connor Hawke
    Blue Beetle - Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes
    Atom - Ray Palmer and Ryan Choi
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

There's something kinda funny how he's the only writer still onboard with their legacy character.

Its not like John Ridley is announcing a new Jace book or Yara Flor is getting a new solo (she's instead going to be on a team-book by Josie Campbell)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    There's something kinda funny how he's the only writer still onboard with their legacy character.

Its not like John Ridley is announcing a new Jace book or Yara Flor is getting a new solo (she's instead going to be on a team-book by Josie Campbell)
    To be fair out of all three Taylor's book was the only one that had good to okay sales.

Plus Taylor just like to work with legacies because it gives him more freedom compared to working on major characters, I think it also the reason he likes AUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'd say it probably has more to do with the fact that if they turned him back into a kid they wouldn't be able to do certain things with him.
    I say the exact opposite is true. Keeping him aged up and as Superman is incredibly limiting and does not allow for any future stories because where else is the character supposed to go. DC artificially reached the end of the character before he even got his start.

Making him a kid again would actually allow them to do a lot more with the character, especially with him being bisexual, and they can keep in their back pocket him being older and Superman if they wanted to pull that trigger but that can only happen in the very, VERY far future.

And it would be odd anyway since Damian isn't a kid anymore either.
    He's 14. He's still a kid.

I swear the only people that say he's 15 are here and on Reddit who aren't even fans of him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Amazing how hard DC has failed this character. At this point they clearly don’t even care at all about him and are just letting Taylor do what he wants while they focus on Clark to prep for Legacy. I think the only way to fix Jon is to kill him off and then do a radical revamp of him once he returns after keeping him dead for a while. Frankly though, I’d rather they focus on building up other members of the Superfamily like Kenan, Kara, and Kon.
    I'm personally pushing for whatever event(s) that DC chooses to derail itself with to conclude with "The Return of Superboy."

It would be hype, something will matter for once, and fans would actually care and be invested.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    To be fair out of all three Taylor's book was the only one that had good to okay sales.

Plus Taylor just like to work with legacies because it gives him more freedom compared to working on major characters, I think it also the reason he likes AUs.
    That’s not entirely true. Yara’s was outselling WW before delays killed the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I doubt they will ever turn him back to a kid, anyways.
    At this point he has being a teenager for the same amount of time that he was a kid, if not more.
    Longer. He debuted in 2015, got aged up in 2018, so generously we had 3 years of kid Jon. 2019-2023 is 4 years, meaning Jon being a kid is now the weird aberration in terms of the character’s history. They won’t be deaging him, if anything Damian will get aged up, especially since the real world actor who plays DCU Damian is unlikely to be a little kid.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/