Page 79 of 223 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 3332
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Hope she never does anything else for DC after the JL/RWBY movie.
    Not going to happen.

No matter how many here throw fits about certain creators-most are not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Batgirls and Tim Drake: Robin are cancelled.
    Maybe DC should try a "Midnighter & Robin" book with Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Not going to happen. She's friends with Adams and seems to have made in-roads with one of the Bateditors, David Wielgosz (apparently also one of the editors for everyone's favorite Dark Crisis tie-in).
    Wielgosz actually left editorial for freelance writing recently

He had some great books (ODB: Clayface, the Superman: Man of Tomorrow digital series) so I have mixed feelings.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Batgirls and Tim Drake: Robin are cancelled.
    They've bungled this whole "bi Robin" thing so badly, it makes me want them to pretend it never happened.

I remember people speculated that Tim series will go at least 12 issues to save face. I guess sales were truly disastrous.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I remember people speculated that Tim series will go at least 12 issues to save face. I guess sales were truly disastrous.
    I think being almost universally panned by everyone who read it also probably contributed. All the goodwill generated by Williamson with his Damian run, pissed away, while also managing to royally screw a well loved character in the process. Poor Tim probably won't be seen for a while now.
    Thanks Fitzmartin. Please don't write anymore comics.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Hopefully he is better as a solo writer.

Nice to hear. I liked Double Walker and Conrad seems more into horror. Maybe he's getting a book that spins out of Knight Terrors or something JL Dark adjacent.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

As I said in another thread, Tim had a solo title that lasted 183 issues. I honestly cannot believe how they fumbled the ball on a character that survived the 90's comic industry implosion.

Major titles were going through drastic changes but Robin kept chugging along being popular as ever, I mean he was Ultimate Spider-Man of the DC universe.

A school aged kid going through school aged stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I think being almost universally panned by everyone who read it also probably contributed. All the goodwill generated by Williamson with his Damian run, pissed away, while also managing to royally screw a well loved character in the process. Poor Tim probably won't be seen for a while now.
    Thanks Fitzmartin. Please don't write anymore comics.
    May I know what Fitzmartin done that seems make even the positives Tim fans to angry at her writing? Did she write something controversial or OOC Tim? I have my issue with her on Zatanna story at Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League – Batman’ #1 xd

Zdarsky's been using Tim in Batman, so he won't be limboed.

As for Fitzmartin, I see three issues. One, she doesn't do the research, which crippled her Young Justice mini - Arrowette hadn't been out of touch with the team for years as she rejoined in Bendis's run; Empress wasn't a villain like she claimed, she was basically the team's Sixth Ranger, a latecomer who joined the team when Cissie stepped down; Cassie had the black bobbed wig in the early days of the team and not the pigtails, so the fake Cassie had the wrong costume; there was other errors too. Two, Bernard is just bland. He's ended up in the role of a damsel in distress, thus providing a distraction for Tim when he should be focusing on taking down the bad guys. At least Jon Kent's boyfriend Jay Nakamura has some personality and has powers and thus can defend himself if he gets in trouble. Three, she doesn't write Tim as bi, she writes him as just gay. Why did he break up with Steph again? The only thing wrong with her, apparently, is that she's a girl. Bad writing. Doesn't help that the art on the Robin book was very unsuited to a serious superhero book. Would work fine on something like Marvel's Squirrel Girl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    May I know what Fitzmartin done that seems make even the positives Tim fans to angry at her writing? Did she write something controversial or OOC Tim? I have my issue with her on Zatanna story at Dark Crisis: Worlds Without a Justice League – Batman’ #1 xd
    If you took the book for what it is worth and never read anything with Tim especially his previous solo run-the book is SORT of fine.

Along with the fact we kept HEARING how much Bernard meant to Tim but it was NEVER shown or explained in the comic.
    Bernard a guy with only 6 appearances with a good 20 years of being MIA before he showed up.

Her issue is she much like the last 2 writers of T'Challa at Marvel are writing folks under the guise of the readers NEVER read anything about these guys beforehand.

If she was doing say Harper Row, Duke, Teen Lantern, Baby Doomsday or Jinny Hex-you can get away with it.

Not someone like Tim who had his own books and been in team books and Batman. Too much history there.

With the way trades are done you would think she would have gotten 12 issues.

Volume one lists only having issues 1-6.

So where does issues 7-10 or is DC pulling a Cyborg again and not having those issues in trade like the last few of Cyborg by Wolfman that never even finished the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If you took the book for what it is worth and never read anything with Tim especially his previous solo run-the book is SORT of fine.

Along with the fact we kept HEARING how much Bernard meant to Tim but it was NEVER shown or explained in the comic.
    Bernard a guy with only 6 appearances with a good 20 years of being MIA before he showed up.

Her issue is she much like the last 2 writers of T'Challa at Marvel are writing folks under the guise of the readers NEVER read anything about these guys beforehand.

If she was doing say Harper Row, Duke, Teen Lantern, Baby Doomsday or Jinny Hex-you can get away with it.

Not someone like Tim who had his own books and been in team books and Batman. Too much history there.

With the way trades are done you would think she would have gotten 12 issues.

Volume one lists only having issues 1-6.

So where does issues 7-10
    or is DC pulling a Cyborg again and not having those issues in trade like the last few of Cyborg by Wolfman that never even finished the arc.
    It could change and they do 1-5 & 6-10 instead, or the second trade includes either his pride one-shot or his Batman backups, maybe both.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    It could change and they do 1-5 & 6-10 instead, or the second trade includes either his pride one-shot or his Batman backups, maybe both.
    Issue 6 is the finale of the first arc, they wouldn't put that in a separate trade. The second option is more feasible.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.