Page 67 of 223 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3332
    Astonishing Member

Spurrier on The Flash is not something I expected, but I'm giving him a shot - he's a good writer and might bring some interesting ideas.
    And King on Wonder Woman, well, I liked him on Supergirl, so, it might be pretty interesting as well.

Why would they remove Adams from Flash?? For once the book was good! I usually like Spurrier, but why not let Adams finish telling his stories? It’s not like Spurrier is a big sales magnet.

And Tom King on Wonder Woman REALLY worries me. Plus it’s sad that there are no female voices on the main creative team anymore. Cloonrad’s run wasn’t perfect (apart from a very good first arc and reestablishing a solid supporting cast), but I trusted them to treat Diana with some respect. King is very unreliable and tends to favour male characters quite often in his work.

Steelworks and Hawkgirl could be cool, but the new writers are basically unproven. Not a fan of Kendra moving to Metropolis of all places. She could use her own unique setting and Metropolis already has an entire family of Supers to protect it.

All in all, this is the least exciting round of Dawn of DCU announcements so far. Basically DC screwing with the two books that were initially the few highlights of the Infinite Frontier era.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If they can pry JSA out of Johns’ grasp they could have Venditti take over and write Carter there.
    I recall Adams has been co-writing Johns recent stuff so he could take over JSA

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I recall Adams has been co-writing Johns recent stuff so he could take over JSA
    I would't object to that and don't forget we still have him on GREEN LANTERN too.

I'm interested in all four and will give each a chance. I'm most surprised by the Hawkgirl ongoing but I love Kendra so I'm not hating. Not familiar with the creative team at all so I'm a little worried about that. Not worried about the Wonder Woman team but I am about the team on Flash. Overall I'm excited about the Dawn of the DC. Probably most excited for the Doom Patrol and Titans series at this point.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Maybe they weren't satisfied with sales, or something like that?
    Because I can't find any other reason to take him off the book, everybody loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Because I can't find any other reason to take him off the book, everybody loves it.
    But if they thought he was the problem with the sales, why would they give him the relaunch of the GL series?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Big fan of Michael Dorn, so Steel is a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Sales weren't very good so clearly not everybody loved it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Maybe it's Adam's choice to only write one book a month, does he have other things he writes (he does a lot of Hollywood film and tv stuff, so perhaps writing only one book a month is all he can fit in?) Maybe it was his choice, perhaps he was offered GL and chose between the two? DC does make a lot of bone headed decisions in moving popular people off books, but let's give some benefit of the doubt.

I have my concerns about King on Wonder Woman as I detailed in her forum, but am over the moon with the incoming team for Flash. Deodato Jr? NEVER saw that coming at all.

Hawkgirl is a bit of a surprise over all as typically it's Katar/Carter who gets the spotlight, but it will be a nice change of pace. I know absolutely nothing about the writer outside of the fact that she wrote that one graphic novel. The art will be nice though. Nahuelpan is an excellent artist. I agree though that Metropolis is a blah decision. We already have ALL of the Superfam hanging out there, she could have gone somewhere else. (Going back to St. Roch would have been a fun choice....has this version ever lived there? Can't remember.)

Michael Dorn? Really? If nothing else Steelworks will be a curiosity. Basri on art means the book will be pretty as well. (Curious as to who if anyone will be taking over Catwoman since he was her artist. Having looked it up, Basri has been one of a rotation of artists on the book.)
    Last edited by OBrianTallent; 03-10-2023 at 11:01 AM.

King shares that he has another 6 issue mini in the works for DC (17:00)

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    But if they thought he was the problem with the sales, why would they give him the relaunch of the GL series?
    I think it was more that Adams’ sales were pretty soft AND they wanted Spurrier AND he wanted Flash. Otherwise they could just relaunch Flash with Adams and sales likely would have rose.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Basri has just been doing the odd issue here and there on Catwoman though. Nico Leon is the main regular Catwoman artist, right? Personally I hope that doesn't change. Not sure who they'll get as a regular fill-in artist.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Basri has just been doing the odd issue here and there on Catwoman though. Nico Leon is the main regular Catwoman artist, right? Personally I hope that doesn't change. Not sure who they'll get as a regular fill-in artist.
    Correct, I was coming back to correct my information. Basri is part of a rotation of artists. Unfortunately the book has had more issues done by other artists than by Leon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Maybe it's Adam's choice to only write one book a month, does he have other things he writes (he does a lot of Hollywood film and tv stuff, so perhaps writing only one book a month is all he can fit in?) Maybe it was his choice, perhaps he was offered GL and chose between the two? DC does make a lot of bone headed decisions in moving popular people off books, but let's give some benefit of the doubt.
    Adams posted on his Twitter feed that it was DC's decision and that he was disappointed in it.