Page 83 of 223 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3332

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nightwing is keeping it's continuity close to Superman's too of course, since Jon's solo has the same writer.
    I hope they stay that way as well.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

It's nice to see DC trying new stuff again.

Yeah I’m calling it now, he and Johns are doing Legion of Superheroes.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That could be really cool. His work has a lot of energy which would be great for a new Legion ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    That could be really cool. His work has a lot of energy which would be great for a new Legion ongoing.
    Is he fast? He’s a great artist but Johns hasn’t had the bets of luck getting his books out on time (at DC anyway).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Is he fast? He’s a great artist but Johns hasn’t had the bets of luck getting his books out on time (at DC anyway).
    That's honestly a good question.

Incredible Member

He can do short bursts. We Only Find Them When They're Dead needed some hiatuses but his work on White Knight needed a fill-in artist despite it being only two issues (I thought they were extended issues tho). Though it'll also depend on whether he's coloring as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's honestly a good question.
    Based on Champions, no, he isn't fast. He managed less than two issues, COVID happened before they were released, and when production resumed he was replaced by Bob Quinn - in the middle of issue 2 (the book would then change both writer and artist during issue 5, and was cancelled at issue 10 - it's not returned since, and it's now two years later). Bear in mind, issue 2 wasn't finished when the effective issue zero (Outlawed #1) was released.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Follow along to DC Comics' Dawn of DC panel from Wondercon with our liveblog!
    Now time for some Green Lantern talk (series from Jeremy Adams, Xermanico, with a variant from Ivan Reis). Adams says that this series is a coming home for him, as his first television writing gig was writing on Green Lantern.

About the series Adams says, "Hal Jordan is an extremely confident guy who comes back to find that the woman he loves is in another relationship. Not that many people are being trained to be fighter pilots anymore, and the world's moved on."

Chen points out that she's picking up on some Top Gun vibes from the preview art of the series that they're showing on screen. Adams responds "Absolutely," dropping names like Maverick and Han Solo. He says the series will not be as lighthearted as Flash has been.

Adams promises guest stars and callbacks at the end of his Flash run, as Flash runs into its milestone of #800. "It's been an absolute thrill to be able to write the West family," Adams says about his time on the series.
    https://twitter.com/Thomas_Dreyfuss/...78190295773184

Last edited by Hypo; 03-24-2023 at 02:34 PM.

Can't wait for his Green Lantern. The art looks awesome.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Hal wearing the older 1960's shoulders design again.

Extraordinary Member

Follow along to DC Comics' Dawn of DC panel from Wondercon with our liveblog!
    Now time to chat Cyborg (Morgan Hampton and Tim Raney). Hampton says, "It's a lot of fun. It's a real experience."

Chen asks Hampton what his favorite sound effect is. Hampton's response is "Ba-DOOM." Adams likes "Krack-a-thoom" Howard says that she likes phones going "Zrp-zrp" like in Sex Criminals (excuse our spelling if we get them wrong. This is difficult). Gerads points of that King rewrites sound effects to make them sound like a cat in a meme is saying them. King has recently switched from "Bang" to "Blam" for gun sounds.

Hampton says that the new Cyborg series is about looking at Cyborg's soul and the soul of Detroit, and how these two might intertwine.

Hampton says that what he has learned most from the Milestone Initiative and from working on Cyborg is to give artists space to "do what they need to do."

(spoilers) Cyborg will be going to therapy this series. And fun fact! The reference images that Hampton provided to Tim Raney for Cyborg's therapist were of Yvette Nicole Brown.
    https://twitter.com/Thomas_Dreyfuss/...79626689724416

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Hal wearing the older 1960's shoulders design again.
    Yeah and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm definitely giving this one a chance though.