Page 84 of 223 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 3332
    Extraordinary Member

Follow along to DC Comics' Dawn of DC panel from Wondercon with our liveblog!
    Now time to chat Harley Quinn (Tini Howard, Sweeney Boo) Tini Howard speaks to exploring parts of characters from a perspective that men may not explore. She likes to see characters making choices that matter "when they're up against a wall."

Howard points out that Harley Quinn is about laughing at those hard choices that Harley has to make (as opposed to Howard's work on Catwoman, which is more series).

Howard extolls the amazing qualities of Sweeney Boo's art (in general and on the Harley Quinn series).

This new run will start on issue 28. Howard talks about the benefits of writing Harley after this post-ironic version of Harley has been shown in film and in comics. Now Howard can show both the post-ironic and the sincere sides of the character.

Howard talks about relating to the character of Harley Quinn and HQ's mental illness and how maintaining the regular parts of life like a girlfriend, a job, or hobbies, can feel heavier with the weight of mental illness.

About Catwoman (Howard and Nico Leon), Howard says that she likes having characters in a low place to show who they really are.

Howard points out that Selina "listens to women in a way that men in power don't always" and how "Selina is kind of their protector, even if they don't know it.

Catwoman #53 just came out this week. Howard says that #50 is a great place to jump on. She hints that DC is building to big things, bigger things than we've ever seen with Catwoman.
    https://twitter.com/Thomas_Dreyfuss/...81469402648576

Is that Harley on trial? Should she look more...chalk white?

Hal is usually a character that I'm not interested, but with Adams in charge I'm really thinking of picking it up.

About the Cyborg's series, are those two members of the HIVE in the Teen Titans cartoon? It's nice to see them adapted to the main DC universe.

And about Harley...I'm still not convinced with Howard's direction, let's just hope she doesn't turn her again into a knockoff of Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Hal wearing the older 1960's shoulders design again.
    Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yeah and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm definitely giving this one a chance though.
    I like the green portion doesn't cover his crotch area, it's essentially the modern look combined with the Silver Age sleeveless look. It's an interesting design choice though and I hope there's some explanation for it. It's probably related to the ring not always functioning properly for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-24-2023 at 03:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

I recognize Gizmo, See More and Billy Numerous. The robot looking dude... I think its the guy from that early season episode who tried to make Cyborg full robot.

Definitely some strong cartoon vibes with Gizmo's design, See-More, and Billy Numerous. That could be their take on Fixit.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Hal is usually a character that I'm not interested, but with Adams in charge I'm really thinking of picking it up.

About the Cyborg's series, are those two members of the HIVE in the Teen Titans cartoon? It's nice to see them adapted to the main DC universe.

And about Harley...I'm still not convinced with Howard's direction, let's just hope she doesn't turn her again into a knockoff of Deadpool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Definitely some strong cartoon vibes with Gizmo's design, See-More, and Billy Numerous. That could be their take on Fixit.
    Yeah Hampton apparently said that he will be heavily drawing on stuff from the cartoon and bringing it to Earth 0 Cyborg. Seems we’ve finally hit the gen that grew up with the animated stuff and wants to canonize it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The cartoon had some pretty great designs, good on them for bring em into the comics

That’s pretty cool to see Seemore and Billy Numerous make their comic book debut.

I really hope Jinx shows up. I always liked the relationship between her and Vic. The tech/magic romance. She could be his Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I’m calling it now, he and Johns are doing Legion of Superheroes.
    Oh, that would be such a treat!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Not a bad idea. I would read it

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Oh, that would be such a treat!
    Maybe It will coincide with the solicitations for JSA 7 that said we will
    learn the next stage for the NEW AGE.

Extraordinary Member
    Last edited by Hypo; 03-25-2023 at 12:12 PM.

Extraordinary Member