Page 124 of 223 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 3332

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I guess digital sales don't matter.
    Far as I know they still hang around 10% of floppy sales, though given the chaos on the digital end with comixology and such, that figure might have dropped for all I know.

Not a inconsiderable figure, if it's still around 10%, but certainly nothing to get excited about.

But we know we can't take sales rankings very seriously. IVC2 is roughly the best we have, and there's plenty of problems with them, their sample population, and the way they organize data.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

And I guess digital sales don't matter.
    Pretty much the main thing writers (at least Marvel's writers) will tell you both companies only care about PRE ORDERS.

Once the books hit the shelves they don't care.

However the issue with pre orders is-how many copies do each book have made that warrant another printing? Where is that number coming from?

We keep hearing about books going back for second to 7th printings YET we all have been to stores where every single one of those printings are still on the shelves of certain titles.

Here it's a crap shoot in finding first printings of 90% of Moon Girl, Stray Dogs and Static (especially the season 1 variants).

Yet you will break your leg tripping over second -7th printings of Amazing Spider-Man that NOBODY and I do mean NOBODY asked for because anyone who wants a copy of book can get the first printing that is in bulk everywhere.

I can understand if a store actually ran out and needed those printings but now it's just wasting paper and ink.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How are the icv2 charts put together these days?
    Can't just use Diamond's numbers anymore since they don't handle books for DC and a few other publishers.
    From sales to customers from the first day of the month to the last day. These customers must be buying from the 100 comic shops that make up Comic Hubs.
    Meaning that the charts are not only using data source from a sample size too small but the information is also misleading since it favours comics released towards the start of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    He could be exaggerating to boost pre-orders. Just like DC announces many of their books as minis when they know they will get extended.
    He isn't the only writer to say that the icv2 charts are not accurate. Tom Taylor who is known to brag about his sales said the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    How do we know that they were planning to extend Swamp Thing, Poison Ivy and Green Arrow either way?
    Poison Ivy had very high sales for its first issue (something GWW confirmed at the time, saying those were the highest in her career). The announcement Green Arrow was gonna get extended came the same day the first issue came out. DC knows the pre-orders for the first few issues weeks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    He isn't the only writer to say that the icv2 charts are not accurate. Tom Taylor who is known to brag about his sales said the same thing.
    I mean, here Orlando is bragging about sales using ICV2's estimates. It's true it's not accurate but I really don't think Scarlet Witch is in danger of cancellation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Poison Ivy had very high sales for its first issue (something GWW confirmed at the time, saying those were the highest in her career). The announcement Green Arrow was gonna get extended came the same day the first issue came out. DC knows the pre-orders for the first few issues weeks in advance.

I mean, here Orlando is bragging about sales using ICV2's estimates. It's true it's not accurate but I really don't think Scarlet Witch is in danger of cancellation.
    As he explains in the next tweets, there are no sales numbers shown there in any way, and these rankings don't even represent the full industry rankings.

I don't think that Scarlet Witch is about to be canceled soon but the ICv2 charts ranking is useless to make any analysis on sales if you don't take the release date into account, to get a clearer picture of what one is looking at.

Understanding comic sales is hard.

Understanding comic sales is hard.
    Is that like Barbie saying math is hard?

Huh, looks like Kelly Thompson will be headlining a new Birds of Prey starring Black Canary

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...03605386080257
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Huh, looks like Kelly Thompson will be headlining a new Birds of Prey starring Black Canary

Guess Dinah has too much free time on her hands without the JLA?

Would love it if they bring back Zinda Blake.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Guess Dinah has too much free time on her hands without the JLA?

Would love it if they bring back Zinda Blake.
    Oh Zinda would be great, Birds of Prey may have been where I first learned about her but she was awesome.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Kelly Thompson debuting at DC with a bang !

That's dope. Funny used the wrong @.

Also: https://1979semifinalist.substack.co...with-the?sd=pf
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh dang so this is Thompson's big DC title coming fresh off of Marvel

Here's hoping for good stuff and cool members

And a separate thread about this was created here, but then moved to the Batman section of the forum: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...and-Leo-Romero