Page 89 of 223 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 3332
    Astonishing Member

He has successful Flash and Robin ongoings, and despite all criticism, Dark Crisis sold really well. They have no reason not to give him more books.
    And in case of Batman & Robin, it looks like Williamson is just continuing his Robin run, after Waid finished Lazarus Island story arc, but this time as Dynamic Duo story. I don't know if it was planned from the start, or it's because of Gunn, but it makes sense for Williamson to continue write Damian, especially if there are not many people, who actually want to do it.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 04-01-2023 at 03:24 AM.

Okay don’t mind me just want to do a quick count of all the currently known Dawn of DC books (counting the we are legends books by the way). Will not count Black Label unless main dc references the series.

Superman
    Action Comics
    Adventures of Superman Jon Kent
    Superboy man of tomorrow
    Steelworks
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Batman and Robin
    Catwoman
    Batman: Brave and the bold
    The Penguin
    Harley Quinn
    Poison Ivy
    Nightwing
    Titans
    Cyborg
    Flash
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lantern
    Green Arrow
    Shazam
    Hawkgirl
    Doom Patrol
    Justice Society of America
    Spirit World
    The Vigil
    City Boy
    Knight Terrors event
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Williamson's last Batman and Robin story, Shadow War, wasn't good so I'm not very excited for this new series.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Look at all his recent DC books that get delayed. I hope not for long-term. It's been a long time since we need a consistent DC team book that comes out every month. NOT FREAKING BI-MONTHS!!
    But we still don't know how many of the delays are strictly due to Geoff Johns and how much of them are due to other problems (editorial or printing-delays or other things).

I'm not a big Geoff Johns supporter, but I just don't know how fair it is to blame all of this specifically on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    He has successful Flash and Robin ongoings, and despite all criticism, Dark Crisis sold really well. They have no reason not to give him more books.
    And in case of Batman & Robin, it looks like Williamson is just continuing his Robin run, after Waid finished Lazarus Island story arc, but this time as Dynamic Duo story. I don't know if it was planned from the start, or it's because of Gunn, but it makes sense for Williamson to continue write Damian, especially if there are not many people, who actually want to do it.
    I will be shocked if Flatline does not show up in this book.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Williamson's last Batman and Robin story, Shadow War, wasn't good so I'm not very excited for this new series.
    Hopefully not having to force an event and just tell a normal straightforward story will be to this new books' benefit.

Astonishing Member

Only few more books left to announce.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I will be shocked if Flatline does not show up in this book.
    Since it's the same writer as the solo Robin book Damian had which she debuted in, yeah, I agree.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Earth-2 Refugee View Post
    Good news for Lanzig and Kelly! Hope this means DC is planning on tossing other work their way, they deserve it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good news for Lanzig and Kelly! Hope this means DC is planning on tossing other work their way, they deserve it.
    What's some of their best work. I've read their Batman Beyond stories before and One Bad Day for Clayface, and they haven't clicked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth-2 Refugee View Post
    What's some of their best work. I've read their Batman Beyond stories before and One Bad Day for Clayface, and they haven't clicked for me.
    I've heard good things about their Cap run and Aquaman/Flash: Voidsong.

I thought their short-lived stint on Green Arrow was pretty solid too.

[QUOTE=Morgoth;6423277I don't know if it was planned from the start, or it's because of Gunn, but it makes sense for Williamson to continue write Damian, especially if there are not many people, who actually want to do it.[/QUOTE]
    At least if the writers are being honest it does sound like quite a lot of writers are actually interested in writing him in interviews, dc just seems to have weird restrictions in place where writers can't use him while another writer is already using him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've heard good things about their Cap run and Aquaman/Flash: Voidsong.

I thought their short-lived stint on Green Arrow was pretty solid too.
    Seconding Voidsong, but if you didn’t like Clayface or their previous Batman Beyond book they just might not be your thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Will Waid announce anything new next week?

https://www.comicsbeat.com/shazam-ma...ora-interview/

Grunenwald: Mark, most of your DC work over the past year has been pretty tightly connected, where one thing sort of leads into the next. Obviously it’s a shared universe, but are you approaching it all as one giant epic? Or is that just sort of how it’s worked out for you?

Waid: It’s a combination of both. I don’t think I originally set out to do it that way. But as I work on World’s Finest, as I work on some of the other books, including some stuff that we’re going to announce next week, I see ways to integrate them that make it more exciting for me and make the stories feel just bigger overall.

The BL Superman book with Hitch he’s doing has never officially been announced, so he’s either announcing that or it’s this surprise book he’s teased is something no one would expect him to do (and I’ve been guessing it’s Suicide Squad).