Page 82 of 223 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3332

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I really dislike Fitzmartin's writing.
    I gave her six issues on the Dark Crisis: Young Justice mini series and I suffer from buyer's regret something awful.
    As a longtime fan & reader of Tim Drake, her take on the character is horrible. It reads like a completely different person than the one who appeared prior to New 52.
    Her Superboy & Impulse takes weren't any better either.
    Yes Tim's coming out as bi struck me as out of left field, but I could go with it. I think with a better writer I think it would have been fine.
    Chip Zdarsky actually made the Tim/Bernard's relationship more authentic and likable in just one backup story than Fitzmartin's fanfic. So Tim being bi and with Bernard can actually work without Fitzmartin on the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Chip Zdarsky actually made the Tim/Bernard's relationship more authentic and likable in just one backup story than Fitzmartin's fanfic. So Tim being bi and with Bernard can actually work without Fitzmartin on the radar.
    Color me surprised, especially when Bernard is as interesting as white bread.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I keep hoping with the new slate of series and mini series being announced, they would continue to stretch out past the norm and give a mini to someone other than the usual suspects that could use the radar ping. It's great that Hawkgirl is getting a run, but how about Vixen? Could we get another run for Zatanna? if we dont want to do a Justice League book (for Dark) then why not bring back Shadowpact? Fire and Ice? There's something to be said for running with the usual suspects, but how about giving some of the others a mini series at the least? They have done a good job and found some nice surprises with Poison Ivy, Monkey Prince and some others...but there's a ton more characters that could be gems in the waiting. (I dream of a Gail Simone written Catman series.)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Hawkgirl got her own series (which was Hawkman's series renamed) around the same time Zatanna and Vixen's got minis. Hoping we see some similar energy.
    Well the Vixen/Batwing story in DC Power: A Celebration did end with a "To Be Continued in Dawn of DC"

Yeah, won't surprise me if we get a new Batwing book, with Vixen co-starring the way Babs does in Nightwing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Off Panel #393: Sunshine & Rainbows with Steve Anderson

Discussion with Steve Anderson, owner of Third Eye Comics - they touched a bit on why he's optimistic about DC this year from a retailer's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Off Panel #393: Sunshine & Rainbows with Steve Anderson

Discussion with Steve Anderson, owner of Third Eye Comics - they touched a bit on why he's optimistic about DC this year from a retailer's perspective.
    Well, that's a nice change of pace!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, won't surprise me if we get a new Batwing book, with Vixen co-starring the way Babs does in Nightwing.
    She deserves a book way more than him, though.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Interesting hearing Williamson say there is a big effort to make the DC line more stable after knight terrors ends, but I wonder how much you can really do that with most of dawn of dc being mini series and it being hard to predict what will actually succeed and manage to become a ongoing.

I'm not sure what stability actually means in this context?

Saw this on Reddit last night:

rn7beimen5pa1.jpg

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm not sure what stability actually means in this context?
    Just a more clear effort to show what books are in continuity and what aren’t, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just a more clear effort to show what books are in continuity and what aren’t, I suppose.
    That would be a first. And would actually require writers to actually look at what others did before they take over a line.

Amazing Member

Williamson and PJK already are doing that with their superman books.
    Sorta the same with Flash and Nightwing.
    The problem is going to be with the batman books and villain.

Nightwing is keeping it's continuity close to Superman's too of course, since Jon's solo has the same writer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman