Page 30 of 223 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how King has written Diana before I just don't think he would be the right choice to write her book (and how he's written female characters in the past in general).
    Wouldn't King have to write Diana first before we know how he'd write her? He wrote some stilted pontificating Batman fangirl in one of the issues of his Batman run and for some reason he submitted a Superman story in the Wonder Woman 80th anniversary issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Did Williamson ever say he has dibs on Brainiac for Superman?

This Newsarama article alleges that this ties in with the return of the Justice League:
    https://www.gamesradar.com/yes-the-j...ady-returning/
    That's just Newsarama speculation I think.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Wouldn't King have to write Diana first before we know how he'd write her? He wrote some stilted pontificating Batman fangirl in one of the issues of his Batman run and for some reason he submitted a Superman story in the Wonder Woman 80th anniversary issue.

Identity theft is not a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

I didn't read it, but didn't Wonder Woman appear in "Identity Crisis?" Did she have a big enough appearance there to get a sense of how he might write her?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I didn't read it, but didn't Wonder Woman appear in "Identity Crisis?" Did she have a big enough appearance there to get a sense of how he might write her?
    Do you mean Heroes in Crisis?

I think the only thing of note Diana did in that book was get punked by Harley like the rest of the Trinity did.

Did Williamson ever say he has dibs on Brainiac for Superman?

This Newsarama article alleges that this ties in with the return of the Justice League:
    https://www.gamesradar.com/yes-the-j...ady-returning/
    Williamson said he had plans for Brainiac in Superman back during an interview he did around the time it was revealed he was taking over the book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do you mean James Tynion IV?
    Not to mention his name is actually pronounced Tie-non, not Tin-yun.

Justice League has always been my favorite title but if it's Williamson writing it I'm out. I've spent enough money waiting for something, anything, to happen in his stories. I'm done paying cash money to be bored to death.

I'd prefer Waid, Taylor, or King on JL but I'd take anyone that isn't Williamson or Bendis.

Astonishing Member

Williamson is DC's work horse right now especially after all the work he put in for Dark Crisis. And frankly I think we should blame him for the problems, like all crossovers there were clearly rewrites midstream.

Williamson is DC's work horse right now especially after all the work he put in for Dark Crisis. And frankly I think we should blame him for the problems, like all crossovers there were clearly rewrites midstream.
    But if they were "clearly rewrites midstream", is that Williamson's fault or was it the editorial side stepping in at the last moment and requiring changes (for whatever reasons)?

Everything I don't like was rewritten by editors.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Everything I don't like was rewritten by editors.
    Williamson needs no help from editors in being the most boring writer DC has. He’s written an enormous amount of stuff for them—can’t blame every bit of it on the various editors he’s had. Editorial does deserve a lot of blame for his deadly wok but that’s just because they keep giving him work.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Williamson needs no help from editors in being the most boring writer DC has. He’s written an enormous amount of stuff for them—can’t blame every bit of it on the various editors he’s had. Editorial does deserve a lot of blame for his deadly wok but that’s just because they keep giving him work.
    I think there was a lot of exciting stuff in his Flash and Robin run, but your mileage may vary.

Dark Crisis was pretty bad but events always have a lot of editorial interference.

Amazing Member

I would rather read Williamson writing some Blockbuster JL like Geoff in new52 than Taylor and King takes.
    Taylor barely finished an story arc and the villain introduced in the issue 77-80 is still there and barely fough Dick, and as strong as his run is, outside Wally, his relationship with the other Titans member are barely there.
    And King , well he is good but I felt he is gonna try : 1-Tower of Babel 2.0 . 2-Harley Quinn or Catwoman PIS feats 3- Some schism between the team (I can see him making Barry a republican again to have fights with Green Arrow like O'neil did just to have drama).
    Waid evolving World Finnest concept to Justice league or something like Robinson JLA would still be the best option