Page 4 of 223 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm rather fond of her "new" costume, but I understand the classic look was always bound to come back.
    Just wish they'd stop with those high boots . . .

Really hope Gunn pushes DC to do more omnibuses
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Is that a green lantern mask flying high in the sky?

Also I think we all knew Red Canary would be here, but did not expect Lian and Arrowette. Also, Mia!
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Is that a green lantern mask flying high in the sky?

Also I think we all knew Red Canary would be here, but did not expect Lian and Arrowette. Also, Mia!
    Yeah, i loved it. Hopefully that is the trend we are going with DC Books, where all the families can have some focus.
    Also, Roy new costume looks awesome. Thank god they ditched the hat for good.

Edit: Is the guy with a gun, next Mia, John Diggle?

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Trinity had similar art for Infinite Frontier and I think many characters didn't get used much if at all? So I wouldn't take tbis cover tok seriously at this point.

Yeah, i loved it. Hopefully that is the trend we are going with DC Books, where all the families can have some focus.
    Also, Roy new costume looks awesome. Thank god they ditched the hat for good.

Yeah that’s diggle, I recognize him from Rebirth.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Trinity had similar art for Infinite Frontier and I think many characters didn't get used much if at all? So I wouldn't take tbis cover tok seriously at this point.
    I just look and i'm pretty sure all characters that were in thoses arts were actually part of a book at some point. Also, those were just promotional images, this one is the cover of the book.

And Williamson said: "And just like the Superman #1 cover, this is full of clues as to what happens in the Green Arrow series!"

Wow, this has literally got everybody!

I like how Lian is also sporting fishnets .
    I think that's a reasonable assumption.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    PKJ said on the latest Word Balloon interview that his next ongoing will be announced in a month and a half. I believe he mentioned before that it was for DC but I can’t find the source for that anymore.
    Couple of other tidbits from that episode:

• His John Stewart book will be out late summer/early fall
    • Unlike the description given in the Dawn of DC announcement it's less badass military and more 80s action movie
    • As he's mentioned before he's interested in a more nuanced take on John than the one note ex-marine take

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm rather fond of her "new" costume, but I understand the classic look was always bound to come back.
    Is it even really new? She's had it a few years now.

It always felt too "female Constantine" for my taste compared to her usual style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Couple of other tidbits from that episode:

• His John Stewart book will be out late summer/early fall
    • Unlike the description given in the Dawn of DC announcement it's less badass military and more 80s action movie
    • As he's mentioned before he's interested in a more nuanced take on John than the one note ex-marine take
    Fans who want more from John than them leaning into the Marine stuff should be happy .

I'm asking this here because I think there are more people in this part of the forum who listen to interviews and follow artists who aren't already confirmed to work on certain characters.

Has anyone heard anything about someone working on something involving Damian in main continuity after Batman vs Robin ends in February?
    Because I haven't heard or seen anything and with Waid saying that Damian will make a huge sacrifice in BvsR #5 I'm worried about what DC has planned for him.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I'm asking this here because I think there are more people in this part of the forum who listen to interviews and follow artists who aren't already confirmed to work on certain characters.

Has anyone heard anything about someone working on something involving Damian in main continuity after Batman vs Robin ends in February?
    Because I haven't heard or seen anything and with Waid saying that Damian will make a huge sacrifice in BvsR #5 I'm worried about what DC has planned for him.
    There was this random tweet Phillip Kennedy Johnson replied to when someone was tweeting that there will be no Damian content after BVR..

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...7R4aTD7rRatqXw

He likely would be in the know of some Damian plans, regardless if he is writing or not. Also, Damian ongoing wasn’t cancelled because of sales so I see no reason for DC to not bring it back, despite Tim drake’s current book being called robin. Also lets not forget Damian is on the Dawn of DC promo art, I’m sure he’ll eventually get a book based on that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    There was this random tweet Phillip Kennedy Johnson replied to when someone was tweeting that there will be no Damian content after BVR..

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...7R4aTD7rRatqXw

He likely would be in the know of some Damian plans, regardless if he is writing or not. Also, Damian ongoing wasn’t cancelled because of sales so I see no reason for DC to not bring it back, despite Tim drake’s current book being called robin. Also lets not forget Damian is on the Dawn of DC promo art, I’m sure he’ll eventually get a book based on that alone.
    Oh I know there will still be Damian content, but all I know of is just out of continuity stuff like the One Bad Day: Ra's al Ghul oneshot or the sequel to DC vs Vampires we are probably getting based on the ending of the first book.

And I know of the Dawn of DC promo art, but there are a lot of characters in the lower row of the covers and I'm not convinced that DC has actual plans for all of them.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Oh I know there will still be Damian content, but all I know of is just out of continuity stuff like the One Bad Day: Ra's al Ghul oneshot or the sequel to DC vs Vampires we are probably getting based on the ending of the first book.

And I know of the Dawn of DC promo art, but there are a lot of characters in the lower row of the covers and I'm not convinced that DC has actual plans for all of them.
    Yeah, I get the apprehension. A lot of plans for dawn of DC seem unorganized going by that initial announcement where several books don’t come out till summer/fall nor do they even have creative teams. But I do think Damian has a much better chance at getting a new book than other characters on that list.