Page 5 of 223 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

I’m surprised people can say there is no Damian series. He is literally one of the two faces on the front of the event other then Dark Crisis that is effecting the line of dc comics and introducing new characters and series.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, I get the apprehension. A lot of plans for dawn of DC seem unorganized going by that initial announcement where several books don’t come out till summer/fall nor do they even have creative teams. But I do think Damian has a much better chance at getting a new book than other characters on that list.
    Yeah, you're probably right.
    It's just, after watching Damian getting character assassinated for over two years in Teen Titans because they wanted him to be the big bad in 5G my trust in DC is dead.

And with Damian's book getting cancelled to give it the robin solo to Tim, making Damian fight Bruce (again), Batman vs Robin being a huge letdown for Damian fans, the teaser that Damian is going to make a sacrifice at the end of this despite not really having much he could sacrifice and still be fine, plus all the other characters seemingly leaving Lazarus Planet with cool new powers...it's hard not to feel like Damian will be getting the short end of the stick again.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m surprised people can say there is no Damian series. He is literally one of the two faces on the front of the event other then Dark Crisis that is effecting the line of dc comics and introducing new characters and series.
    And?
    Damian was also a major part of Batman Inc and they killed him off. It makes sense to feature a character before making them sacrifice themselves.

Plus it's not about Dark Crisis and Lazarus Planet. It's the fact that DC hasn't teased anything beyond that and they already announced plenty of books for 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Some people just want their character to have a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Some people just want their character to have a solo.
    Damian's contribution to Dark Crisis was basically contained to the Dark Army oneshot which sounded cool but ended up being an very odd read and Batman vs Robin has so far been a heavily Bruce centered book. Damian was made the catalyst of a global disaster and has so far gained absolutely nothing from being part of this story.

So yes, I would prefer for DC to tell me why I'm supposed to continue to give them my money when I rarely seem to get anything enjoyable in return.

I expect Waid has plans for Damian, whether that means a solo book or not I couldn’t say.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I expect Waid has plans for Damian, whether that means a solo book or not I couldn’t say.
    Has he teased a third book? He already has his hands full with worlds finest and Shazam right now.

I wonder if Waid is going to use his Shazam run to kind of massage the Johns Shazam stuff into more traditional Captain Marvel continuity.

I'm not convinced so far that Damian is really a character he's interested in.
    If you look at the interviews he gave for Batman vs Robin and Lazarus Planet it's very noticable how little he talks about his thought process with Damian, he talks about basically anything else instead and in the stories itself I got the feeling that his knowledge about the character is rather small.
    He's also already very busy.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Has he teased a third book? He already has his hands full with worlds finest and Shazam right now.
    Not explicitly, but I’d be surprised if Batman vs. Robin didn’t lead into something.
    I wonder if Waid is going to use his Shazam run to kind of massage the Johns Shazam stuff into more traditional Captain Marvel continuity.
    It will definitely be Waid revamping the old Captain Marvel mythos for the new Shazam, that’s a safe bet.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I also can't say that I'm fond of his Damian so far. I would rather someone like Joey Esposito write for Damian. He has openly expressed enthusiam for the character and you could feel it in his Urban Legens story.

If Waid's first idea is to make Damian fight Bruce again despite knowing that they already got over their conflict and the actual goal was always just to create a scenario that allows Bruce to put on Fate's helmet then I'm not that interested in his next pitch for Damian tbh.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 01-05-2023 at 11:57 AM.

It will definitely be Waid revamping the old Captain Marvel mythos for the new Shazam, that’s a safe bet.
    I wonder if he could get away with re-establishing Billy and Mary as biological siblings (although he would have to justify Mary being older unless Billy is also aged up a bit).

Astonishing Member

I think that's very likely to be his impulse... I'd say it's a shame, because I really liked the Johns reboot, but it's been a long time now and it was never really capitalised on.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I think that's very likely to be his impulse... I'd say it's a shame, because I really liked the Johns reboot, but it's been a long time now and it was never really capitalised on.
    That first Shazam story in JL backups is probably one of my favorite Johns' works, real shame that not much was done with it and I think that the following one about magical kingdoms wasn't good at all. So yeah, maybe it is time to move on.