Page 27 of 223 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    If It was Marvel..they had announced a CREATURE COMMANDS series by yesterday rs.
    Yeah, but that's because when Marvel says they're going to make a movie/show, they do. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One great thing about Gunn being in charge is that his love for the side corners of the DCU will hopefully force the comics side to lean back from over relying on Batman. We might actually get a Creature Commandoes book which was never going to happen before!
    Assuming DC can afford to publish it.

Incredible Member

So the DC Power comic was pretty good, but a part of me can't help to think about how most of DC's original Black characters are very street level.

Tom King has an unannounced Dawn of DC book coming besides BATB and Penguin. DC wanted him to do a “big” character again after the last couple years where he’s mostly done smaller characters off to the side + Batman. (Skip to 53:00)

Damn who could this be? Would the Hawks qualify as a bigger book? Could they have given him WW or Aquaman? All hell would break loose if he’s writing JL, but I would definitely be there for it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Tom King has an unannounced Dawn of DC book coming besides BATB and Penguin. DC wanted him to do a “big” character again after the last couple years where he’s mostly done smaller characters off to the side + Batman. (Skip to 53:00)

Damn who could this be? Would the Hawks qualify as a bigger book? Could they have given him WW or Aquaman? All hell would break loose if he’s writing JL, but I would definitely be there for it.
    It won't happen but imagine King takes over Flash after #800 and the book still stars Wally West. The meltdown would be glorious lmao.

I reckon Wonder Woman and Aquaman will be by their respective writers in Lazarus Planet. Flash won't be changing writer, I believe (if it was, his logo would be on the timeline teaser). Hawkman does make sense for King as with the exception of Batman most of King's books only run for a year, and Hawkman isn't someone who regularly has an ongoing book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I reckon Wonder Woman and Aquaman will be by their respective writers in Lazarus Planet. Flash won't be changing writer, I believe (if it was, his logo would be on the timeline teaser). Hawkman does make sense for King as with the exception of Batman most of King's books only run for a year, and Hawkman isn't someone who regularly has an ongoing book.
    Don’t consider Hawkman to be a big character myself, “big” to me means a Leaguer. Martian Manhunter would qualify (barely). Maybe DC thinks differently.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hawkgirl is a Leaguer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Don’t consider Hawkman to be a big character myself, “big” to me means a Leaguer. Martian Manhunter would qualify (barely). Maybe DC thinks differently.
    As a solo star, Hawkman is way bigger than Martian Manhunter.

King on JL would be my dream come true.

Astonishing Member

Frankly Warren Ellis has better chances due to his friendship (and support) from both Lee and Javins. Given that King was so easily ushered off of Batman, he definitely has no support within the higer ups at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    It won't happen but imagine King takes over Flash after #800 and the book still stars Wally West. The meltdown would be glorious lmao.
    This sort of mindset of trolling the fans for lulz is why DC has been in the gutter.

Because all it's have done is create outrage without getting people invested in anything they are doing.

And the result is your lot then crying and blaming Batman and "too many Batbooks" because that's the only part of DC that minimized the extreme 24/7 slasn n burn strategy.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-02-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Frankly Warren Ellis has better chances due to his friendship (and support) from both Lee and Javins. Given that King was so easily ushered off of Batman, he definitely has no support within the higer ups at DC.
    King was kicked off Batman by Bob Harras, who is no longer working at DC. It's funny you say that he has no support from the higher-ups considering he is the only the comics writer involved in plotting the DCU. And I don't think Lee or Javins have anything against him (and frankly, I don't think either of them are very involved in the monthlies. Most of the work there is probably being done by the group editors like Abernathy or Kaminsky).

This sort of mindset of trolling the fans for lulz is why DC has been in the gutter.

Because all it's have done is create outrage without getting people invested in anything they are doing.

And the result is your lot then crying and blaming Batman and "too many Batbooks" because that's the only part of DC that minimized the extreme 24/7 slasn n burn strategy.
    I said it as a joke lmao, don't take it seriously. But "trolling the fans" as a marketing strategy is not anything new in comics. Marvel has been doing it for decades and far more often than DC.
    Last edited by Leancarp900; 02-02-2023 at 04:57 PM.

Uhhh the new head of DC Studios has him on speed dial. If anyone is the new golden boy it’s King.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    King was kicked off Batman by Bob Harras, who is no longer working at DC. It's funny you say that he has no support from the higher-ups considering he is the only the comics writer involved in plotting the DCU. And I don't think Lee or Javins have anything against him
    Beat me to the punch. Didio's gone too. There are no more King haters in power at DC. And, as already noted, he is the only comic book writer among a handful of architects for the new film/TV/animated arm of the DCU.

That being the case, it almost wouldn't matter if someone in the comics division did hate King; they'd almost certainly be overruled.

Incredible Member

Don’t be putting that evil of King on Hawkman or Wally. Those characters are perfectly fine the way they are. We don’t need somebody being revealed to be a war criminal or something