Page 29 of 223 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I think Holzherr has the Wonder Woman book right now so maybe King? I thought Leah Williams might be an option since Holzherr is editing the Power Girl backup and current DC seems to want to give female creators more chances with Wonder Woman.
    Considering how King has written Diana before I just don't think he would be the right choice to write her book (and how he's written female characters in the past in general).

Amazing Member

Seeing that 798 seems to be a Lazarus planet Tie in, 800 can be the end of Cloonan&Conrad run and the start of the next.
    I don't see King working on Wonder woman nor Flash, I think Green Lantern , Green Arrow, hellblazer,Hawkman and Firestorm are more fitting with his style(and still scare what he would do with those characters)

Spectacular Member AlligatorSky's Avatar

Who (creators) do we know has books to be announced at this point?

Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Mark Waid (2 more? One of which is “unexpected”)
    Tom King
    Joshua Williamson

At least one upcoming book is being drawn by Daniel Sampere.

PKJ did the Wonder Woman story in Lazarus Planet: Once We Were Gods, so I think he's on Diana's book, in addition to the John Stewart Green Lantern and Action Comics.

Waid we only know is on Shazam and World's Finest, right? If he has two more books, I can see one being Teen Titans (that would be the expected one as it would use Damian, Black Alice and Monkey Prince who are together in Lazarus Planet and he already wrote Batman vs Robin so it makes sense for him to get Damian's book - plus, he did also launch the teen team Champions for Marvel). Not sure who the other would be - a writer is perfectly capable to doing four books a month though, so I can believe there is a fourth title from him coming.

Williamson... he's on Superman and Green Arrow, right? I wonder if any third title from him would spin out of Lazarus Planet? You'd think anything Dark Crisis connected would've been announced already.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And what about the JLA.. Right now I think that the writer have to be a big name..and please..not Williamson.

Amazing Member

Waid(writing Supers/Batman and Marvel) and Williamson(leading Superman and working on Green Arrow) made more sense than King.
    If anything a JLI book by King would made more sense
    Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post

Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Tom King
    Joshua Williamson

Those are the one who have rumors.
    Although it would made sense if Mariko, Venditti and Tinyon gets another title/mini

One of Waid's titles is Black Label Superman. The other one is a team he has never written before.

I think Return of the Justice League is Williamson. He said this on Substack a while ago:
    I've been working ahead on all my DC work. I turned in the work I needed to this last Monday and so this week I’m starting work on another #1 for a book that hasn’t been announced yet. If I say too much it will give it away, but I will say it’s a sequel of sorts to something I wrote before. That alone is probably too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    One of Waid's titles is Black Label Superman. The other one is a team he has never written before.

I think Return of the Justice League is Williamson. He said this on Substack a while ago:
    I think by him It is the Legacy League.Not the main League.

Didn’t John Ridley said he had more, or was that just in the context of more upcoming Jace Fox Batman?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    . . . Although it would made sense if Mariko, Venditti and Tinyon gets another title/mini
    Do you mean James Tynion IV?

Is he even bothering to write any mainline DC comic books these days since his Batman run?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Do you mean James Tynion IV?

Is he even bothering to write any mainline DC comic books these days since his Batman run?
    Yeah I thought Tynion was mainly focused on his big “Something is Killing the children/House of Slaughter” series over at Boom?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlligatorSky View Post

Phillip Kennedy Johnson
    Tom King
    Joshua Williamson

I would almost guarantee this will be the returning Justice League book with Williamson.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I thought Tynion was mainly focused on his big “Something is Killing the children/House of Slaughter” series over at Boom?
    Tynion is done with capes for the foreseeable future per his own words. He’s had massive success with creator owned and that’s his focus now.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would almost guarantee this will be the returning Justice League book with Williamson.
    Ugh I could see it. I want Sampere on a solo book, he’s going to get burned out on a team book. I’m hoping he’s drawing John Stewart GL with PKJ.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Won't Johns book be drawn by whoever is doing the backups in Hal's book?

Astonishing Member

Did Williamson ever say he has dibs on Brainiac for Superman?

This Newsarama article alleges that this ties in with the return of the Justice League:
    https://www.gamesradar.com/yes-the-j...ady-returning/

With the cat now out of the Photoshop bag, look for DC to officially announce its Justice League plans - likely in a DCU-wide event involving Brainiac (also hinted on the timeline) - sometime soon.