Page 53 of 223 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I… don’t really know why you think that to be honest. He’s kept the mantle thus far, but it’s hardly resulted in better treatment for him. But you and I disagree on what Kara’s code name should be so I suspect it comes down to taste.
    I'm just looking at it from a branding perspective. Having a recognizable codename can go a long way rather than trying to make a new one work so long after the characters' existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just looking at it from a branding perspective. Having a recognizable codename can go a long way rather than trying to make a new one work so long after the characters' existence.
    That’s fair but when/if they start using Jon as Superboy, Conner is going to be ousted from the role anyway. Now is the time to start putting in the work to build a new identity for him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Attachment 129566

DC connect #34 with the May solicits had this awesome image. Seems to have characters who have series or are hinted at having series later.

I don't get it. Do the non-flying characters just plummet to the ground with a big explosion behind them? Or will there be another big picture, but this time the flying characters will all be carrying a non-flying character or two? KIDDING.

That’s fair but when/if they start using Jon as Superboy, Conner is going to be ousted from the role anyway. Now is the time to start putting in the work to build a new identity for him.
    They better start now, otherwise he is going to end up like Tim.

I mean, assuming they do. The whole push to make him a Superman and older has kind of muddled that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter West View Post
    I don't get it. Do the non-flying characters just plummet to the ground with a big explosion behind them? Or will there be another big picture, but this time the flying characters will all be carrying a non-flying character or two? KIDDING.
    They probably just land after their jumps.

Do we know it's a DC project? If so, Wonder Woman seems likely - she's next on the Dawn of DC timeline and the May solicits are out so we'll probably get news within the next couple weeks. The idea doesn't thrill me (plus it'd dash my dreams of Kelly Thompson moving to DC and taking over after Captain Marvel #50 in June...) but I'm sure he'd do a fine job and it'd certainly help generate some much-needed hype.

That said, he's been hinting at a Hulk project on Twitter so it may be that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Do we know it's a DC project? If so, Wonder Woman seems likely - she's next on the Dawn of DC timeline and the May solicits are out so we'll probably get news within the next couple weeks. The idea doesn't thrill me (plus it'd dash my dreams of Kelly Thompson moving to DC and taking over after Captain Marvel #50 in June...) but I'm sure he'd do a fine job and it'd certainly help generate some much-needed hype.

Hawk people book. Gleb teased it early maybe because he thought it was being announced. PKJ thought his book was being announced. Could be the same book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Young Avengers except for Stature are all in their 20's .
    She's Stinger nowadays. You're right though, she's still only 16.

He also wrote Wonder Woman in one of the Lazarus Planet one-shots. A lot of those stories were setting up upcoming books.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Was not he supposed to hbe in charge of the Green Lantern: John Stewart book? Or we are talking about other DC book here?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

It can't be GL - that's starting as backups in Hal Jordan's book, so his own book spinning off is several months away.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He also wrote Wonder Woman in one of the Lazarus Planet one-shots. A lot of those stories were setting up upcoming books.
    If it matters, that story is supposed to be setting up the Revenge of the Gods mini that he is definitely not writing. So, on one hand it does not look like it is connected, on the other hand why have him write the story for the book that he is not writing (unless he is just getting warmed up for taking over later)?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Was not he supposed to hbe in charge of the Green Lantern: John Stewart book? Or we are talking about other DC book here?
    Different book.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    If it matters, that story is supposed to be setting up the Revenge of the Gods mini that he is definitely not writing. So, on one hand it does not look like it is connected, on the other hand why have him write the story for the book that he is not writing (unless he is just getting warmed up for taking over later)?
    Maybe he had "Wonder Woma fights old armies" short story pitched for some future anthology and DC editors decided to publish it here? He just added reference to Lazarus and some connections to upcoming mini.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Oh no, is it time to say bye to Wally again ?