Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Well, my fears for Namor abuse in this issue of Black Panther out today, thankfully did not happen. It was actually a good showing, if only three pages. And laughably, it totally ignores Aaron's run! Yes!!!

Doombot, you will be extra happy to see, the return of Atlantean tech.

The other big takeaway from this issue is that apparently, spoilers:
    the new Wakandan democratic government appears to have signed a treaty with Namor and Atlantis, and didn't tell T'challa, or maybe anyone? LOL!
    end of spoilers
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Well that's good to hear! Even a small showing that isn't garbage is a win for Namor these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Well that's good to hear! Even a small showing that isn't garbage is a win for Namor these days.
    Seriously.

Sadly, we have had to count it as ... well, I don't want to call it a win, cause so much is bad, but we have so little as far as content, that any appearance prompts at least the hope for good art. SMH
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Gonna post these pages here so Wednesday Spoilers for whomever doesn't want to see

Black Panther (2021) #13
    spoilers:
    So far it's not bad? Not like I was expecting but for once I am glad Namor isn't siding with Cap and the Avengers, of course I have no clue what else is going on in this series since this is the only issue I've read so far, but I do think Namor & T'Challa working together as uneasy allies is better than them fighting each other. Also I don't like the way Steve has been written in regards to Namor and now T'Challa, treating them as less than their kingly stations as if he has more authority and rights than they do, and him saying he is going to whup t'challa's ass? that doesn't feel very Steve like to me. idk about this writing but I will see how it goes from here.
    end of spoilers

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Someone asked me "since when does Atlantis have flying ships" and I had to explain they have always had them even in the golden age, but I think it speaks more for how Marvel's treating Namor over the years that people assume Atlantis isn't technologically advanced and would stuff like flying ships and such, or that many creators don't use this when they have Namor/Atlanteans out of the water, but I did share the MARVELS page of the airships.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Gonna post these pages here so Wednesday Spoilers for whomever doesn't want to see

Black Panther (2021) #13
    spoilers:
    So far it's not bad? Not like I was expecting but for once I am glad Namor isn't siding with Cap and the Avengers, of course I have no clue what else is going on in this series since this is the only issue I've read so far, but I do think Namor & T'Challa working together as uneasy allies is better than them fighting each other. Also I don't like the way Steve has been written in regards to Namor and now T'Challa, treating them as less than their kingly stations as if he has more authority and rights than they do, and him saying he is going to whup t'challa's ass? that doesn't feel very Steve like to me. idk about this writing but I will see how it goes from here.
    end of spoilers

You know my stance. I'm happiest when Namor has nothing to do with Black Panther.

spoilers:
    I'm very curious about the terms of this treaty, though.

Also, why this woman thinks killing Namor (ruler of another nation that doesn't like you already) is a better idea than killing an American superhero, is beyond me.

Can't say I've liked the takes on Cap outside of his book. Here Cap looks like a 60s racist cop in this issue at a Civil Rights march. I mean, that page of him beating up T'challa. I don't know if that was the intention, but visually, it looks REALLY BAD. I certainly don't want Namor siding with THAT Cap. Can't wait for their interaction, though I'm betting we get nothing like the wonderful scene we got in Captain America Sentinel of Liberty.
    end of spoilers

I do like the watercolor look of the art. Between that and the arting, it makes Namor look very elf like. Getting a Charles Vess vibe, which is weird for this story. My only minor complaint is the growth on Namor's chin. FFS! It looks like an inking accident. Get rid of the "stubble." It's ridiculous looking.

Someone asked me "since when does Atlantis have flying ships" and I had to explain they have always had them even in the golden age, but I think it speaks more for how Marvel's treating Namor over the years that people assume Atlantis isn't technologically advanced and would stuff like flying ships and such, or that many creators don't use this when they have Namor/Atlanteans out of the water, but I did share the MARVELS page of the airships.
    Exactly. I'm sure if you showed them any actual Namor books, they'd be stunned. Or how about FF Annual #1? Though I do love the sea life shaped ships of Alex Ross.

Oh wait! Just noticed in the new Black Panther issue, that the Atlanteans have boot jets! They are flying! Doombot is going to be so happy!

You know, they should have those underwater. Would be really cool. Maybe some of his people could keep up with Namor then.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-11-2023 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    You know my stance. I'm happiest when Namor has nothing to do with Black Panther.

spoilers:
    I'm very curious about the terms of this treaty, though.

Also, why this woman thinks killing Namor (ruler of another nation that doesn't like you already) is a better idea than killing an American superhero, is beyond me.

Can't say I've liked the takes on Cap outside of his book. Here Cap looks like a 60s racist cop in this issue at a Civil Rights march. I mean, that page of him beating up T'challa. I don't know if that was the intention, but visually, it looks REALLY BAD. I certainly don't want Namor siding with THAT Cap. Can't wait for their interaction, though I'm betting we get nothing like the wonderful scene we got in Captain America Sentinel of Liberty.
    end of spoilers

I do like the watercolor look of the art. Between that and the arting, it makes Namor look very elf like. Getting a Charles Vess vibe, which is weird for this story. My only minor complaint is the growth on Namor's chin. FFS! It looks like an inking accident. Get rid of the "stubble." It's ridiculous looking.

Exactly. I'm sure if you showed them any actual Namor books, they'd be stunned. Or how about FF Annual #1? Though I do love the sea life shaped ships of Alex Ross.

Oh wait! Just noticed in the new Black Panther issue, that the Atlanteans have boot jets! They are flying! Doombot is going to be so happy!

You know, they should have those underwater. Would be really cool. Maybe some of his people could keep up with Namor then.
    Yeah, a lot of fans on twitter are upset about the comic and spoilers:
    I personally think a whole page of Steve beating T'Challa is so not needed and so ooc, it's terrible writing all around imo.
    end of spoilers

They said they didn't know many Namor comics but I just gave them a few panels, like Namor in his flagship in Captain America (2005) #48, and a few Invaders panels showing the ship, including the one where Namor teaches Bucky how to fly.

The boot jets have been in the World War M comic but its cool to see here too. more atlantean tech!

Yeah, a lot of fans on twitter are upset about the comic and spoilers:
    I personally think a whole page of Steve beating T'Challa is so not needed and so ooc, it's terrible writing all around imo.
    end of spoilers

They said they didn't know many Namor comics but I just gave them a few panels, like Namor in his flagship in Captain America (2005) #48, and a few Invaders panels showing the ship, including the one where Namor teaches Bucky how to fly.

The boot jets have been in the World War M comic but its cool to see here too. more atlantean tech!

My brain is going. I didn't remember them in WWM. But I'm happy to see them again. They are now established.

SMH. Marvel Editorial should be ashamed at how they've reduced Namor to the general comic fans. Where's that Invaders' panel of Steve begging Namor for just a few Atlantean ships to use in the war?

spoilers:
    I'm sure some are upset about T'challa losing to Steve, which doesn't bother me, but it's the graphic beating of a man who is already down. And then he kicks him. It's isn't a fight. It is a beating. That isn't Steve. Or T'challa. It literally makes me queasy.
    end of spoilers

Atleantean ships and flying Atlantean soldiers?! Where have you been my lovelies, I have missed you so!

Now they just need to ditch that damn costume, and give Namor back the proper Trident.
    Last edited by Doombot; 01-11-2023 at 04:11 PM.

Don't forget that the ship the Invaders had all their wartime adventures in was an Atlantean ship. It was described as being faster than any ship at the time as well as being undetectable via radar or any other means. I can't remember if it was said that Namor himself designed the ship, but I feel like that was true? I also cannot remember if it ever had a proper name. It remains one of my favourite Marvel vehicles. It was like Namor's own Batmobile.

Last edited by Doombot; 01-11-2023 at 04:28 PM.

I'm not celebrating this one (yet)

Namor literally came out of nowhere to team up with T'challa over Cap......

Cap / Steve Rogers, someone he calls a brother.......
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

My brain is going. I didn't remember them in WWM. But I'm happy to see them again. They are now established.

SMH. Marvel Editorial should be ashamed at how they've reduced Namor to the general comic fans. Where's that Invaders' panel of Steve begging Namor for just a few Atlantean ships to use in the war?

spoilers:
    I'm sure some are upset about T'challa losing to Steve, which doesn't bother me, but it's the graphic beating of a man who is already down. And then he kicks him. It's isn't a fight. It is a beating. That isn't Steve. Or T'challa. It literally makes me queasy.
    end of spoilers
    Same, it just doesn't sit right with me, like it's very graphic and the message it sends isn't good imo.

And the jet boots were in the first issue of WWM!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Don't forget that the ship the Invaders had all their wartime adventures in was an Atlantean ship. It was described as being faster than any ship at the time as well as being undetectable via radar or any other means. I can't remember if it was said that Namor himself designed the ship, but I feel like that was true? I also cannot remember if it ever had a proper name. It remains one of my favourite Marvel vehicles. It was like Namor's own Batmobile.

Yup, I shared that photo and from the comics it's called "Namor's flagship" I don't think it has a title or name, but he's used all kinds of Atlantean vessels before so personally I think any ship the Prince is on is the current Flagship or something. However it would be cool if it had been named after a sea creature or something.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post

Idk if you have been following along but in the recent years the only time Namor and Steve have been written as actually liking each other/as brothers was in the recent Captain America comic but other than that Steve has been publicly dragging Namor, belittling him, mistrusting him, and generally treating him like crap in the Avengers, the Phoenix Avengers event, etc. I do agree it's out of character for Steve to act this way but it isn't new that there was animosity between them. Namor in the past teams up with the X-Men over the Avengers because he is always wanting to back the underdog if he feels they are right etc. And of course this is a T'Challa comic, so Namor would be there as support to T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post

Yeah, I'm still worried about the next issue. But Namor didn't come out nowhere, he was called in by the Wakandan Prime Minister, with whom he apparently signed a treaty.

Idk if you have been following along but in the recent years the only time Namor and Steve have been written as actually liking each other/as brothers was in the recent Captain America comic but other than that Steve has been publicly dragging Namor, belittling him, mistrusting him, and generally treating him like crap in the Avengers, the Phoenix Avengers event, etc. I do agree it's out of character for Steve to act this way but it isn't new that there was animosity between them. Namor in the past teams up with the X-Men over the Avengers because he is always wanting to back the underdog if he feels they are right etc. And of course this is a T'Challa comic, so Namor would be there as support to T'Challa.
    Yes, that crap in Aaron's Avengers ... I definitely wanted to punch Steve in the face ... or below the belt. LOL!

Well, that was because Namor was on the X-books. His opinion of the X-men hasn't always been so ... positive. Plus, I wouldn't exactly call the X-men underdogs in that conflict, no matter what Namor says. Though, I agree. Namor will stand up for the underdog.

Yeah, I'm still worried about the next issue. But Namor didn't come out nowhere, he was called in by the Wakandan Prime Minister, with whom he apparently signed a treaty.
    wait which book did this happened?
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Black Panther (2021) #13
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Namor, you are spending too much time in the depths of the sea, come to the surface and catch some sun. Is good for health.