Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

That's cool! A perfectly captured and appropriately labelled screenshot. From a series about the music from Wakanda Forever on Disney+. That's great, cause I don't think the score gets recognized enough. And it looks we'll get the cast, including Tenoch, in it.

Last edited by Reviresco; 01-15-2023 at 10:59 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

And Angela keeps rolling on! That Oscar nom / win is looking better and better.

Ruth Carter won for Costume! But sadly Hannah Beachler got robbed for Production Designer.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-15-2023 at 07:43 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

A few variations of Namor in the Marvel Snap game.

https://marvelsnapzone.com/cards/namor/
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-16-2023 at 12:42 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

catching up and omffgggg pirate!namor is the BEST Au, I love that whole del'otto look.

I am very pleased that Angela Basset is getting so much recognition!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I don't know these cards/game, but the images are quite nice.

I guess the "4" and "5" are supposed to mean something in the game, like energy or power?

But I wonder how accurate they are? I have heard complaints from others in the past that sometimes these games don't adequately "rate" everyone according to their abilities.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I don't know when it happened, but it was revealed in this book. Second panel. Prime Minister is calling in reinforcements PER TREATY. Who shows up with reinforcements? Namor.
    nice catch there Rev. Wow as if they can't put T'challa in the mud more.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

I guess the "4" and "5" are supposed to mean something in the game, like energy or power?

But I wonder how accurate they are? I have heard complaints from others in the past that sometimes these games don't adequately "rate" everyone according to their abilities.
    Namor is a 4 energy card with 5 power.
    He's almost unplayable, being a very situational card
    (gets extra 5 power if he's the only card in an area, where you can put 4 cards)

I think the game generally gets the powers right (some duds here and there like Black Bolt).
    Thematically is where they do a better job IMO.

Atlantis as an area gives +5 power if there's only 1 card there iirc.
    Namor being the only card in Atlantis bumps him up to 15 power, in contex Infinaut which has the highest power in the game has 20 power.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

David
    @NYCdjSuperDave
    Namor The Sub-Mariner #Namor #TheSubMariner #TenochHuerta #WakandaForever #MarvelComics

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    David
    @NYCdjSuperDave
    Namor The Sub-Mariner #Namor #TheSubMariner #TenochHuerta #WakandaForever #MarvelComics
    Nice! I've seen a few of these comparison pics / arts, and generally speaking they are wonderful to show the costume isn't that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    catching up and omffgggg pirate!namor is the BEST Au, I love that whole del'otto look.

I am very pleased that Angela Basset is getting so much recognition!
    Me too! I'd say an Oscar nod / win would shut the movie haters up, but I know that's not true. LOL!

I do like Pirate Namor quite a bit. And hey, now the MCU Namor can actually be around without time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post

Yeah, I don't play either, but I like looking at the cards. There was a write up about how to play the Namor card somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    (gets extra 5 power if he's the only card in an area, where you can put 4 cards)

I think the game generally gets the powers right (some duds here and there like Black Bolt).

Namor being the only card in Atlantis bumps him up to 15 power, in contex Infinaut which has the highest power in the game has 20 power.
    Oh no! Not unplayable! sigh.

The power boost is nice, but how often are you playing only one card?

I did notice on the quick search, that the only other Namor / water card was Attuma. They don't have Stingray or Tiger Shark or Namora.

nice catch there Rev. Wow as if they can't put T'challa in the mud more.
    Yeah, I noticed that even the reviewers and CBR articles missed it. But it makes a certain sense. Given that they are completely ignoring the fact that none of Hickman's run actually occurred, with the restoration of the universe, there's no way that T'challa is going to make peace with Namor. The Prime Minister, OTOH, has less of a personal take, though she probably still wouldn't mind Namor ending up dead.

That said, given the solicits, it sounds like there's more crap about to be unloaded on T'challa next issue. I just hope that it doesn't splatter on Namor. We REALLY need a Namor book, where he's not a prop for other characters, and can have his own spotlight.

I did notice on the quick search, that the only other Namor / water card was Attuma. They don't have Stingray or Tiger Shark or Namora.
    It almost never happens in Snap.

Yeah, I noticed that even the reviewers and CBR articles missed it. But it makes a certain sense. Given that they are completely ignoring the fact that none of Hickman's run actually occurred, with the restoration of the universe, there's no way that T'challa is going to make peace with Namor. The Prime Minister, OTOH, has less of a personal take, though she probably still wouldn't mind Namor ending up dead.

That said, given the solicits, it sounds like there's more crap about to be unloaded on T'challa next issue. I just hope that it doesn't splatter on Namor. We REALLY need a Namor book, where he's not a prop for other characters, and can have his own spotlight.

I can't imagine a Black Bolt/Doom/Namor book where they can't solve an internal issue by themself and have to seek Attilan, Latveria,Wakanda or The Mutant nation for help
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

It almost never happens in Snap.
    Well, that's crap.

I can't imagine a Black Bolt/Doom/Namor book where they can't solve an internal issue by themself and have to seek Attilan, Latveria,Wakanda or The Mutant nation for help
    It has happened to Namor several times. Though, my understanding, which could be wrong, is that this BP story isn't only about an internal issue. It's basically a rip off of the Sub-Mariner Revolution story, where one of the sleeper cells goes rogue and attacks another country --which makes an internal issue (revolt) an external issue (war). That series was about Namor going from one 'ally' to another seeking help and being refused, while f88king SHIELD under Tony F88king Stark was invading Atlantis and trying to blockade the city. That ended with Atlantis destroyed and Namor seeking help / an alliance with Latveria. Namor didn't get trashed, quite the opposite, but Atlantis sure did.

Namor also went to Latveria in SVTU, to get help with reviving Atlanteans in a coma from toxic dumping. He didn't get beaten up, but he was practically enslaved by Doom.

Atlantis Rising dragged in the FF and Avengers to deal with an attack on Atlantis and conflict with the Inhumans. And then in Jenkins Inhumans, Blackbolt went to Namor for help / alliance against the US, and Namor got Atlantis back underwater.

And this isn't even the first time that T'challa went to Namor for help. There was Hickman's Illuminati, of course. And in Sturm and Drang, after not listening to Namor, he had to go back to him to get "surrender" to end the war (thanks, Prop Namor). Though, again, it wasn't T'challa who went to Namor for help in this case, but the Prime Minister.

I can't speak for the series which I haven't read, but in this issue, I definitely think T'challa was written / treated terribly. That beatdown by Cap was just wrong on every level. That said, BP fans have basically gotten the Monkey Paw. They wanted a bigger presence for T'challa and Wakanda and they've gotten it. But with that comes with being treated like all the other fictional nations and rulers -- civil war, exile, invaded, deposed, destroyed, jobbed, used as props, etc. etc. etc. Welcome to my Atlantean world. Hopefully Wakanda won't end up reduced to a bunch of nomads fighting with spears on animal back.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-17-2023 at 01:11 PM.

Uzuri strikes again! Gorgeous piece of art of MCU Namor.

https://twitter.com/uzuriartonline/s...fgVmRB3NbulqRA

Inspired by this. I'm sure Tenoch would appreciate it, even if some us are screaming "Noooooooooo!!! Speedo Forever!"

Oh, ok, thank you for the info!

Yeah, I don't play either, but I like looking at the cards. There was a write up about how to play the Namor card somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks for checking, Rev. Shame the others got left out.

Well, that's crap.
    I agree.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!