Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I love that cover! A throwback to Namor's time as CEO of Oracle. Juann Cabal did a gorgeous cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Yes, I'd forgotten that Namor was actually IN Kang Dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I have no hope, none, from the person who wrote Mr. Nimbus. ): I don't want Namor to be turned into a joke like they did with Thor.

It may end up being a monkey paw, but I'm a bit more optimistic. I see Mr. Nimbus as an early sign of his interest in Namor. And have you seen Quantumania? His MCU Kang was NOT a joke. Loverness can write a serious character. I'm more worried about MCU Namor's politics getting glossed over or ignored.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I love that cover! A throwback to Namor's time as CEO of Oracle. Juann Cabal did a gorgeous cover.

Yes, I'd forgotten that Namor was actually IN Kang Dynasty.

It may end up being a monkey paw, but I'm a bit more optimistic. I see Mr. Nimbus as an early sign of his interest in Namor. And have you seen Quantumania? His MCU Kang was NOT a joke. Loverness can write a serious character. I'm more worried about MCU Namor's politics getting glossed over or ignored.
    You are more optimistic than me Rev, but I haven't seen the new Ant Man movie yet. I just hope its not bad writing for Namor. Also no Fantastic Four NamorSue references.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

You are more optimistic than me Rev, but I haven't seen the new Ant Man movie yet. I just hope its not bad writing for Namor. Also no Fantastic Four NamorSue references.
    Loveness really loves, no pun, Namor. He will be respected, but I fear he will do the Sue Storm stuff.

Although tbf he can create a nice dynamic without Namor going crazy over her.

Loveness really loves, no pun, Namor. He will be respected, but I fear he will do the Sue Storm stuff.

If we HAVE to have MCU Namor and Sue, then I want Sue to be the one obsessed with Namor and Namor like, "Namora! Save me from the fangirl!"

The more I re-watch Wakanda Forever, the more I wish Namora was named Dorma.

But yes, that's the impression I got from Loveness, that he REALLY likes Namor.... As it should be. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quantumania has some fun goofy SF stuff, but his Kang is 1000% dead serious dangerous. Really impressed with Majors and the writing for him.

Quantumania has some fun goofy SF stuff, but his Kang is 1000% dead serious dangerous. Really impressed with Majors and the writing for him.
    Awesome news, Quantumania was pretty solid to me. Is it top tier MCU movie? not at all. I dont get all the negativity to it . Even the spoilers:
    part where Scott and Hope came back made sense
    end of spoilers

2025 still far away...as unlikely as it is, Marvel give him want he wants and more Namor on screen!!
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I just don't want any of it, joke wise or serious, because Sue and the F4 are going to be featured for who knows how many movies and I do not want that following Namor throughout future movies. I'm def willing to wait and see since there's not much else I can do, lol, but I will still worry over Namor's future movies. I just want people who love and respect the character to treat him right.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

There's a wealth of Namor knowledge that folks have contributed over the years in all the old threads too. But of course, feel free to share or ask or discuss anything. Welcome to the thread!
    You forgot to include The Ray's Anti-Namor thread aka "The Irresistibility of Namor" (indexed in post #5 Destro777), which I will now admit, after all these years, to having split off from the FF thread because it was derailing and monopolizing the discussion there! I never joined in, but watched silently, know the true Namor fans would come to his defense. Ah, that was some thread!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

We did it!!!

Congrats to Tenoch Huerta!

https://twitter.com/naacpimageaward/...353336320?s=20

And congrats to the lovely Angela Bassett, marching on to the Oscars!

She also picked up an award at the Hollywood Critics, which I believe Tenoch presented to her.

Video of the presentation.

https://twitter.com/tenochupdates/st...485598720?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You forgot to include The Ray's Anti-Namor thread aka "The Irresistibility of Namor" (indexed in post #5 Destro777), which I will now admit, after all these years, to having split off from the FF thread because it was derailing and monopolizing the discussion there! I never joined in, but watched silently, know the true Namor fans would come to his defense. Ah, that was some thread!
    LOL! I thought it might have been you, Ravin Ray -- not to be confused with the notorious Namor hater The Ray. Actually. He didn't like much in the FF thread, IIRC.

I have to wonder if there's another character that inspires such a wide swing of ... emotions in the MU -- even before Hickman got his hands on him in AvX. There's a ripe psych thesis for an academic paper.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Awesome news, Quantumania was pretty solid to me. Is it top tier MCU movie? not at all. I dont get all the negativity to it . Even the spoilers:
    part where Scott and Hope came back made sense
    end of spoilers

2025 still far away...as unlikely as it is, Marvel give him want he wants and more Namor on screen!!
    I felt the same. I enjoyed Quantumania, it was entertaining and fun, with some weird SF elements, and of course Kang. But to hear some people complain, you'd think it was bad Corman movie.

YES! We need more of MCU Namor before 2025! Preferably, in his own show. Loveness can't spend the entire two years writing just one movie.

I just don't want any of it, joke wise or serious, because Sue and the F4 are going to be featured for who knows how many movies and I do not want that following Namor throughout future movies. I'm def willing to wait and see since there's not much else I can do, lol, but I will still worry over Namor's future movies. I just want people who love and respect the character to treat him right.
    We are faced with the same problem we have with the comics Namor. We need a Namor show, that will be about supporting and boosting Namor, instead of all these guest spots that will be about boosting other characters. I mean, considering they are putting out an Echo, and a Wonderman, and Agatha Harkness show, the can put out a Namor show.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I mean...they wouldnt....would they?

MCU - The Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    #Avengers5 writer Jeff Loveness has teased Kang's "kill count" in AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY:

"He's going to rack up some kills as he goes along..." Full

Edit: I at least fear for Namora and Attuma.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 02-25-2023 at 11:02 AM.

I mean...they wouldnt....would they?

MCU - The Direct
    @MCU_Direct
    #Avengers5 writer Jeff Loveness has teased Kang's "kill count" in AVENGERS: THE KANG DYNASTY:

"He's going to rack up some kills as he goes along..." Full

Edit: I at least fear for Namora and Attuma.

They need to keep their hands off Namor tiny supporting cast!

Seriously, I doubt Namor is on the kill list. He's too new, and there is too much potential. I would think Hank or Janet Pym might be in far more danger. Given the situation with Hemsworth, Thor could also be in danger -- plus there's the cast of Loki. Plus there's probably a ton of cannon fodder, much like the rebellion in Quantumania.

AIPT reviewed the new Namor Epic Collection, and gave it a 7.5 out of 10, i.e. Good.

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/02/22/na...lantis-review/

The reviewer clearly isn't familiar with this era of comics, and I think that's where some of the negatives come from. But it's interesting to see how a modern reader sees these stories. Here's the summary.

'Namor the Sub-Mariner Epic Collection: Who Strikes for Atlantis?'

‘Who Strikes for Atlantis’ encapsulates the highs and lows of an era. There’s strong artwork at times and weaker at others due to the shifting inkers, there are lasting plot devices and characters, but there’s also uneven storytelling that feels like they just needed another book on the shelves that month. With such a large span of issues, there’s bound to be some better than others, but the one thing I will say is it never stops being entertaining. There’s something at least once per issue that I admired or laughed at and what more can you ask for? This collection is worth checking out, flaws and all, for those interested in Namor or just fun 70s comic books.
    Don't we wish we had TWO Namor books at one time.