Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Awesome stunt video!

Yes, the pin scene is very active, I have commissioned and bought Doom & Namor matching pin set, it's very fun to follow creators and see what they come up with.

So many Namor feats showcased here! I will def have to add some of my own, personally I love when they show Namor lifting huge war ships/ships out of the oceans!
    I wish they'd left the Namora fight in there. I think I saw a video of her practicing some of those moves. Here's an interview with Mabel Cadena -- her dachshund tries to bomb the video.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther...ena-interview/

Yep! Alot of WWII / Invaders covers, though he's also lifting tanks.

Weren't those wood? I think they sold out before I got them. These enamel ones are AMAZING and big. There's definitely a correlation between stain glass design and these pins.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 02-04-2023 at 08:53 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh wait. Here's the best one. Commands the fish of the oceans to find him a COSMIC CUBE! LOL! This may also explain how Namor repeatedly finds Caps shield when it ends up on the ocean floor.

http://i.imgur.com/BC1M5og.png
    I know, right?! The most recent version has become a personal favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! The most recent version has become a personal favorite...
    Hard to beat Tim Sale, art wise, but I did really like the Cap Sentinel of Liberty one.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Well, I got the case of these in! And figured out how to 'open' the can without damage.

If anyone wants to get one, DM me. I'm putting them on eBay tonight.

Well, I got the case of these in! And figured out how to 'open' the can without damage.

If anyone wants to get one, DM me. I'm putting them on eBay tonight.

Did you end up getting both Namors?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Did you end up getting both Namors?
    Yes. Because I bought a case. And weighed each can until I found the heavier one. Don't judge me. ;p

I also lucked up on another King Namor bag clip at Target yesterday .... after feeling up a box of the packages.

It's a disease.

Question Time!

If YOU were in charge of the Marvel's comic Atlantis, would you want the Atlanteans origin to be:

Forced Magical
    Forced Scientific
    Forced Divine Interference
    Normal Evolution
    Migration
    Combo

Bonus points for saying your choice.

Question Time!

If YOU were in charge of the Marvel's comic Atlantis, would you want the Atlanteans origin to be:

Forced Magical
    Forced Scientific
    Normal Evolution
    Migration
    Combo

Oh lawd!

I'm assuming you mean the biology of water breathing Atlanteans and not Atlantis the place.

I'm too much of a stickler when it comes to biological evolution for an origin to be straight up normal evolution or adaptation, as there just wasn't enough time. It's also the same reason I'm always lamenting the gills argument when it's brought up. Even if, given enough time, the Atlanteans adapted to ocean life naturally, they still would not have gills, as they are not fish. Evolution does not move in reverse, it's the reason none of the mammals or great sea reptiles that returned to the sea ever had gills, even though the return to sea life made drastic changes to their bodies. They still didn't somehow grow gills. This would be the same for humans.

The spark or catalyst for the change had to have been external. In my mind it had to have been tied to the impending cataclysm. Through divination or scientific acumen, the Atlanteans had to have been made aware of a coming disaster. They knew the end was nigh and that it had something to do with a great flood, deluge or drowning of the world. Their prophesies were both right and wrong, in that the "world" was not the entire world, but "their" world. Because what else would make them concentrate or focus on becoming aquatic when the could just abandon Atlantis and settle on the mainland? There was one or more sects in Atlantean society who deeply believed in a doomsday prophesy and work extremely hard at developing through both science and magic, a way of making humans survive in the oceans.

It had to have been something vaguely like this, as the cataclysm catching them unawares and then they, or some of them, just spontaneously become able to breathe underwater and survive in a completely new environment is just ridiculous to me.

Oh lawd!

I'm assuming you mean the biology of water breathing Atlanteans and not Atlantis the place.

I'm too much of a stickler when it comes to biological evolution for an origin to be straight up normal evolution or adaptation, as there just wasn't enough time. It's also the same reason I'm always lamenting the gills argument when it's brought up. Even if, given enough time, the Atlanteans adapted to ocean life naturally, they still would not have gills, as they are not fish. Evolution does not move in reverse, it's the reason none of the mammals or great sea reptiles that returned to the sea ever had gills, even though the return to sea life made drastic changes to their bodies. They still didn't somehow grow gills. This would be the same for humans.

The spark or catalyst for the change had to have been external. In my mind it had to have been tied to the impending cataclysm. Through divination or scientific acumen, the Atlanteans had to have been made aware of a coming disaster. They knew the end was nigh and that it had something to do with a great flood, deluge or drowning of the world. Their prophesies were both right and wrong, in that the "world" was not the entire world, but "their" world. Because what else would make them concentrate or focus on becoming aquatic when the could just abandon Atlantis and settle on the mainland? There was one or more sects in Atlantean society who deeply believed in a doomsday prophesy and work extremely hard at developing through both science and magic, a way of making humans survive in the oceans.

It had to have been something vaguely like this, as the cataclysm catching them unawares and then they, or some of them, just spontaneously become able to breathe underwater and survive in a completely new environment is just ridiculous to me.
    Yes, the people, not the place. And yes, I think the idea that air breathing Atlanteans suddenly change into water breathers while drowning is ridiculous -- barring divine intervention.

Hmmm. Interesting points on evolution. Though, if the change was forced, gills COULD be on table.

I'm trying to remember, because I think in one story, there was a Cassandra, who predicted the cataclysm of Atlantis, who, of course, was not believed, so that would fit into your idea. Of course the reason for the cataclysm has changed a few times. But you think the water breathers SHOULD be descendants of the air breather Atlanteans?

And forced magic or science for you.

Yes, the people, not the place. And yes, I think the idea that air breathing Atlanteans suddenly change into water breathers while drowning is ridiculous -- barring divine intervention.

Hmmm. Interesting points on evolution. Though, if the change was forced, gills COULD be on table.

I'm trying to remember, because I think in one story, there was a Cassandra, who predicted the cataclysm of Atlantis, who, of course, was not believed, so that would fit into your idea. Of course the reason for the cataclysm has changed a few times. But you think the water breathers SHOULD be descendants of the air breather Atlanteans?

And forced magic or science for you.
    What else would they be? If it were shown that they were actually aliens or some type of mythical race that is nonsensically somehow removed from the rest of human evolution I'd be pretty upset and would probably dismiss it whole cloth. Suspension of disbelief can only be strained so much before it breaks. It's one thing to have a race of people that somehow were able to adapt to life in the sea, but then on top of that, they're actually alien or mythical beings or not human at all in some way is something else altogether. For me anyway. The entire reason they've called themselves Atlanteans is because they are those people, not just the descendants of squatters who moved into the ruins of sunken Atlantis and started calling themselves after those long dead people.
    Last edited by Doombot; 02-05-2023 at 04:59 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

If you have Marvel Unlimited the last three issues of Namor's 1990 series, which was part of the Atlantic Rising storyline, are now available.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...ariner_1990_60

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...ariner_1990_61

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...ariner_1990_62
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Bikini briefs and massive thighs, hello 90s lol

Bikini briefs and massive thighs, hello 90s lol
    And don't forget the all important rat tail pony tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If you have Marvel Unlimited the last three issues of Namor's 1990 series, which was part of the Atlantic Rising storyline, are now available.
    Thanks Ray! I do like that someone drew in Namor's head in the little news stand code box.

Though this just reminds me that Marvel is sleeping on the job, again. How can you only have the Byrne run of Namor 1990, the two Starblast crossover mess and the final 3 issues that lead into Atlantis Rising?

There's like 35 issues missing, which include the best part of the 90s Namor run -- the Suma Ket arc! And it's already been prepped, cause it's in an ominbus, even!

Question Time!

Forced Magical
    Forced Scientific
    Normal Evolution
    Migration
    Combo

Normal Evolution..The first amphibians that didn't make it to shore got swept back away by the waves.
    They evolved underwater, not on the surface world.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

What else would they be? If it were shown that they were actually aliens or some type of mythical race that is nonsensically somehow removed from the rest of human evolution I'd be pretty upset and would probably dismiss it whole cloth. Suspension of disbelief can only be strained so much before it breaks. It's one thing to have a race of people that somehow were able to adapt to life in the sea, but then on top of that, they're actually alien or mythical beings or not human at all in some way is something else altogether. For me anyway. The entire reason they've called themselves Atlanteans is because they are those people, not just the descendants of squatters who moved into the ruins of sunken Atlantis and started calling themselves after those long dead people.
    They could be descendants of some other group of people, other than the Atlanteans. I'm sure they had merfolk before the cataclysm roaming around in Kull stories. Or they could even have helped with the change of some of the chosen believers to water breathers. I also favor some sort of magical transformation, perhaps even partially divine, as the water breathing Atlanteans have some intrinsic magical property.

People do adopt native names of places they've taken over. It wouldn't be too much of a reach for them to have settled the ruins. That said, there probably HAS to be some connection, if the Tales to Atlantis story is to believed. I mean, basically, it appeared that Kamuu and Zarta had reincarnated into the first water breather rulers.

I personally hate the aliens idea. Humans and space aliens sleeping with each other, oh my. Totally WTF?