Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    So the Atlantis connection starts in video #4 :

Apparently it was a human Lemurian who made the Serpent Crown in secret, with the help of the ancient Serpent Men, under the noses of the Deviants. Which ended up being a a double cross of a double cross, Deviants, Serpents, Humans oh my.

In this chapter, is does describe the Celestials as unleashing a weapon that shakes the entire world, the Great Cataclysm, causing massive floods, and Atlantis and Lemuria are destroyed and sink beneath the sea. The Eternals were mostly helpless in this even, except for Ikaris, who saved remnants of humanity along with animal life upon a great Ark. A-hem... WHUT.

So your memory of this even drowning the world was correct, and it is also the origin of the Great Flood myths and Noah's Ark. Which is all garbage and I hate it so very much. It makes almost no mention of Atlantis itself, which means Atlantis and the entire rest of the world were destroyed because the Deviants were being assholes in Lemuria?! My point from yesterday remains though, if the world is destroyed, why would anyone care about a mythic island kingdom that sank into the sea if 1) no one survived to remember it and 2) it's one of TWO island kingdoms that sank into the sea. It's not special.

Marvel really needs to fix this insanity.

Didn't know that about Ikaris. But there's some of your survivors. There were others. There's another account in Namor 62 that Ray referenced, that says Atlantis only partially sank??? so that one end of it became Avalon and the other end of it became Attilan. Seriously. WTF? I mean, a tsunami that changes the entire map of the world, but the center of the explosion leaves two islands? Plus, there's at least one colony, and probably more that I am forgetting, that survived in a hidden city -- Netheria?

Does it talk about how the Ancients Paul Destine was looking for were really ... Atlanteans? Or Lemurians? That took the Serpent Crown to Antarctica and renamed themselves?

Oh, I found your Cassandra. The one who had early warning of the coming Cataclysm. It was a sorceress named Zhered-Na. She becomes part of the magical lore, writing / her writtngs in a Tome, and her descendant is Jennifer Kale. Of course air breather Kamuu and Zarta banished her, so she survived the destruction.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Mike Deodato posted this Sub-Mariner work on tumblr

Nice!

Wait. Was that the piece that was used on the action figure box?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I can't remember for sure. I didn't keep the box unfortunately.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, I found your Cassandra. The one who had early warning of the coming Cataclysm. It was a sorceress named Zhered-Na. She becomes part of the magical lore, writing / her writtngs in a Tome, and her descendant is Jennifer Kale. Of course air breather Kamuu and Zarta banished her, so she survived the destruction.
    And her entry mentions her student Dakimh the Enchanter, who lived to up modern times to train Kale. All thanks to the 80's Handbooks.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And her entry mentions her student Dakimh the Enchanter, who lived to up modern times to train Kale. All thanks to the 80's Handbooks.
    It also mentioned her connection to D'spayre, who Namor faced with the Invaders! So it all comes back to Six Degrees of Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I can't remember for sure. I didn't keep the box unfortunately.
    Mine is packed away, but yes, it was! Found the pic.

Last edited by Reviresco; 02-07-2023 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Didn't know that about Ikaris. But there's some of your survivors. There were others. There's another account in Namor 62 that Ray referenced, that says Atlantis only partially sank??? so that one end of it became Avalon and the other end of it became Attilan. Seriously. WTF? I mean, a tsunami that changes the entire map of the world, but the center of the explosion leaves two islands? Plus, there's at least one colony, and probably more that I am forgetting, that survived in a hidden city -- Netheria?

Does it talk about how the Ancients Paul Destine was looking for were really ... Atlanteans? Or Lemurians? That took the Serpent Crown to Antarctica and renamed themselves?

Destine, the Lemurians that stole the Serpent Crown from Naga, and the Atlanteans that became known as the Ancients are mentioned in the videos. I'm not sure what episode now.

The stuff with Ikaris and the Ark is beyond dumb, and I hate it. And while the series does state that the Celestial weapon "shook the world" and there was a devastating flood, it doesn't explicitly say the flood was world wide, but does say directly that Atlantis and Lemuria were destroyed and sunk. If the entire world was drowned, I still don't see how any few handful of survivors would give a shit about the loss of Atlantis, when the entire world was lost. All these wacky accounts like this, and including stuff like Attilan and Avalon then being shoved in, are so easy to dismiss as just nonsense or even crackpot theories by individuals within the MU. (just like we have in real life)

Until Marvel makes a new proper "History of Atlantis", I'm not buying most of it, besides "something happened".

We've actually brought up Zhered-Na before in discussion, but I can't remember why. It was a discussion about pre-Cataclysm sorcery or something. We may have been trying to connect sorcery to the Cataclysm in an earlier discussion. I also remember, when I went down the rabbit hole with Ancient Atlantis like last year, trying to read about connections with Atlanteans elsewhere in the world, like the Savage Land, I discovered that the 90's Midnight Son's character, the demon sorcerer Lilith "Mother of Demons" lived in pre-fall Atlantis for a long time and may have created or gave birth to the first vampires there. This adds nothing to the convo, just thought it was a fun concept lol. I would love a miniseries based just in pre-Cataclysm Atlantis, but it seems to be a very niche interest among fans, and certainly at Marvel.

I feel pre-Cataclysm Atlantis would have been one of the centers of sorcery in the ancient world, along with technology and science, and I wonder what the Sorcerer Supreme was up to during this time, could they have been an Atleantean?
    Last edited by Doombot; 02-07-2023 at 08:00 PM.

I'd previously posed the question about NAMOR/SHURI vs NAMOR/SUE being the forbidden attraction in the MCU adaptation. Something I hadn't consider was just brought up: Maybe instead of T'CHALLA/STORM, might we get NAMOR/STORM as a pairing in the MCU?
    The characters have been put together in alternate reality stories...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I'd previously posed the question about NAMOR/SHURI vs NAMOR/SUE being the forbidden attraction in the MCU adaptation. Something I hadn't consider was just brought up: Maybe instead of T'CHALLA/STORM, might we get NAMOR/STORM as a pairing in the MCU?
    Lady Dorma!!! Lady Dorma!!! Lady Dorma!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Destine, the Lemurians that stole the Serpent Crown from Naga, and the Atlanteans that became known as the Ancients are mentioned in the videos. I'm not sure what episode now.

The stuff with Ikaris and the Ark is beyond dumb, and I hate it. And while the series does state that the Celestial weapon "shook the world" and there was a devastating flood, it doesn't explicitly say the flood was world wide, but does say directly that Atlantis and Lemuria were destroyed and sunk. If the entire world was drowned, I still don't see how any few handful of survivors would give a shit about the loss of Atlantis, when the entire world was lost. All these wacky accounts like this, and including stuff like Attilan and Avalon then being shoved in, are so easy to dismiss as just nonsense or even crackpot theories by individuals within the MU. (just like we have in real life)

Until Marvel makes a new proper "History of Atlantis", I'm not buying most of it, besides "something happened".

We've actually brought up Zhered-Na before in discussion, but I can't remember why. It was a discussion about pre-Cataclysm sorcery or something. We may have been trying to connect sorcery to the Cataclysm in an earlier discussion. I also remember, when I went down the rabbit hole with Ancient Atlantis like last year, trying to read about connections with Atlanteans elsewhere in the world, like the Savage Land, I discovered that the 90's Midnight Son's character, the demon sorcerer Lilith "Mother of Demons" lived in pre-fall Atlantis for a long time and may have created or gave birth to the first vampires there. This adds nothing to the convo, just thought it was a fun concept lol. I would love a miniseries based just in pre-Cataclysm Atlantis, but it seems to be a very niche interest among fans, and certainly at Marvel.

I feel pre-Cataclysm Atlantis would have been one of the centers of sorcery in the ancient world, along with technology and science, and I wonder what the Sorcerer Supreme was up to during this time, could they have been an Atleantean?
    Yes. Sort of. At least according to some handbook info I'm reading. More later, full of trepidation, I'm going to pick up my Namor books now.

And, OMG. Forget the Celestials! Forget magma defenses! The BEST cause of the Cataclysm has been rediscovered. Marvel Spotlight 17 with Zhered-Na and ... Son of Satan! You will not believe it, Doombot. hahahahahah

Today is definitely Namor Day!

Tenoch Huerta is on the BP Wakanda Forever podcast.

We got the Wakanda Forever Assembled Behind the Scenes Feature

Namor Conquered Shores 5 drops

Black Panther 14 drops

I second that vote for Lady Dorma!

Romantic attraction to one doesn't preclude the other as Namor's history of love interests shows. So it's not about replacing one with another. They can ALL be beautiful and have separate roles.
    NAMOR'S Romantic History

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I second that vote for Lady Dorma!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Well, Namor Day continues! My LCBS bought a collection of action figures, and it had 3 different Namors! They were open and played with, but they were $3 each, so I grabbed them up. Now I don't have unbox my figures, to play with these.

Also picked up the comics. BP fans won't be happy, and the writing isn't good, but Namor isn't trashed and it was great to see Atlantean tech on full display. The details of the alliance are ... questionable, so it will be interesting to see how that pans out. Probably yet another dangling plot line, like the Latverian alliance, which is completely forgotten.

Conquered Shores ... well, I'm STILL on the fence about. The ending has a certain feel good aspect, but is it really? It's kind of funny that Namor and T'challa share the same fate this week. The characterization STILL remains an issue, and they even smack Namorita with it. Not happy with that.

Watching Wakanda Forever Assembled now. Will listen to the podcast on my way to dinner, shortly. I LOVE Namor Day!