Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

What I'm curious about is WHY is Attuma so strong? I mean, Namor is a mutant, but is Attuma? Because he's often written as close to Namor in strength.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    What I'm curious about is WHY is Attuma so strong? I mean, Namor is a mutant, but is Attuma? Because he's often written as close to Namor in strength.
    I've thought about if often. I have no answer. Nothing in the stories really acknowledge it. It's possible he's a mutant... sigh.

While I don't know what the answer is, I know what I don't want. I don't want it to be magic, I don't want some outsider "granting" him power, like Doom or Dorcas etc.

Though I'm guessing Doom may have "enhanced" him while resurrecting him, and I also remember a page or panel of Attuma bathing in some ritualistic pool that was rejuvenating him in some way. So I guess those are both of my "don't wants" right there LOL

This is still one of my favourite designs for Attuma. This was a design for Attuma when he first receives the Hammer of Nerkkod, before he becomes the super amped up version from the Fear Itself arc. Which was way back in 2011 now, yikes.

Although he isn't the focus, this is also one of my favourite Attuma designs, by the always amazing Paolo Rivera. I only wish Rivera had done some other work with Attuma as the focus. What made me go dig up this image again was Rev referencing earlier that strange chest armour Attuma wears, and how Kirby's image is like an odd gorget. Rivera's is different altogether, with the armour not just being a chest plate, but going over his shoulders and and back. His classic trident sword looks great here too. Plus look at the classic barbarian grunts, with Kirby type gear and even a handgun with a little fin on it.

Last edited by Doombot; 03-23-2023 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I've thought about if often. I have no answer. Nothing in the stories really acknowledge it. It's possible he's a mutant... sigh.

While I don't know what the answer is, I know what I don't want. I don't want it to be magic, I don't want some outsider "granting" him power, like Doom or Dorcas etc.

Though I'm guessing Doom may have "enhanced" him while resurrecting him, and I also remember a page or panel of Attuma bathing in some ritualistic pool that was rejuvenating him in some way. So I guess those are both of my "don't wants" right there LOL
    I don't think Attuma's powers come from anyone granting them to him. I'm leaning towards born with them ...

Hmmm. I need to read that again. I DO remember Doom allegedly enhancing him when he brought him back. But I can't remember exactly what that meant. I vaguely remember it meaning being able to breath air?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This is still one of my favourite designs for Attuma. This was a design for Attuma when he first receives the Hammer of Nerkkod, before he becomes the super amped up version from the Fear Itself arc. Which was way back in 2011 now, yikes.

They did have some nice designs for The Worthy. Though those edges are SHARP.

Although he isn't the focus, this is also one of my favourite Attuma designs, by the always amazing Paolo Rivera. I only wish Rivera had done some other work with Attuma as the focus. What made me go dig up this image again was Rev referencing earlier that strange chest armour Attuma wears, and how Kirby's image is like an odd gorget. Rivera's is different altogether, with the armour not just being a chest plate, but going over his shoulders and and back. His classic trident sword looks great here too. Plus look at the classic barbarian grunts, with Kirby type gear and even a handgun with a little fin on it.

This was Rivera's take on an old Avengers cover! I love his work. I do like the older, hammered metal look of the breast plate. It almost looks like a turtle shell. The helmet definitely looks more coral like here. I do like that sword -- much better.

LOL! And of course, any Atlantean tech is good tech. ;p

Unrelated, but hilarious :

Cap's that pissed because Tyrak's costume is so goddamn awful he just had to hit something.
    Last edited by Doombot; 03-23-2023 at 10:14 PM.

Cap's that pissed because Tyrak's costume is so goddamn awful he just had to hit something.
    LOL! I always forget Tyrrak for some reason. Sea Chauvinism. heheh

I wonder why he and Attuma haven't teamed up.

Uhn oh. It's like Frank Tieri read your mind about what you do NOT want to be the origin of Attuma's powers, Doombot. Also, yet another childhood for Attuma.

You can read the whole story here ... it's not that long. It does explain Attuma's resurrection, but I think he somehow escaped Doom, without an alliance, since what Doom wanted never happened.

https://arousinggrammar.com/2014/10/...ission-attuma/

Well, I mean, he IS a barbarian warlord. I'm sure has has no qualms about taking women by force. Attuma would have slaves of every sort, including a harem I'm sure. Especially if, like in this panel, he's interested in fathering powerful children.
    I know, right?! Here's proof...

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ahhhh, one of the mysteries of the universe, lol!

No one knows for sure. Perhaps that is why Attuma always believed he should be the ruler. Even his daughter Andromeda is much stronger than the average.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ooh, I love this llok for Attuma!

Is this an action figure?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Yeah, I remember that old Avengers issue. Even Pietro tangled with Attumy, his speed even way back then preventing Attuma from grabbing him. Wanda back then was not shooting energy bolts like that, but she did destroy his plexi-dome if I remember correctly. Yet Attuma never held a grudge against her like he did Jean.

Ahahahaha! And for a guy that took both Wondy and Vision to finally take down after getting hit by the others, this panel would have done nothing to Tyrak.

I always thought U-Man (Merrano) and Tyrak would be great friends, if not perhaps even related.