Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1154
    Amazing Member

i like the pairing of Namor with someone from the supernatural side. Dr. Strange seems a bit too much, but how about Brother Voodoo or Clea?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twiztor View Post
    i like the pairing of Namor with someone from the supernatural side. Dr. Strange seems a bit too much, but how about Brother Voodoo or Clea?
    I think a mini with him and Clea would fun. I really haven't read enough of Brother Voodoo to have an opinion there. But I'm definitely in favor of a magic / supernatural take.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Still LOVE that interaction. Always will be a favorite, no matter what... (T_T)
    It was great! The whole series was great.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Dr. Strange seems too much? I'd kill for a team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I wonder if Namor and Strange have ever disagreed on a magical question? I mean, you know Namor's got to feel a little proprietary about those Atlantean artifacts. Or magic users and surface dwellers repeated dumping their magical threats into the ocean. Though I did think it was pretty clever to put one them in a shark. LOL!

Speaking of ... you did have in the recent Clea, TWO of the other dimensional warlords staking out claims in Namor's terrority, IIRC. I think Umar is sitting in the Antarctic and one was off the coast of Cornwall underwater?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I didn't know clea's comic was featuring atlantean stuff, I will have to check it out.

I would love another Doctor Strange and Namor team up, there was one in the Marvel Team Up comic, where Namor went to Strange for help.

Also I'm just really annoyed with how constantly fans say comic!namor is misogynistic. Arrogance doesn't equal misogyny, misogyny means a hatred of women, and lol, have they seen Namor??? he loves women. The Namor/Sue/Reed and Namor/Emma/Scott stuff is where most of this talk comes from, and yeah there are misogynistic writers, everyone knows comics has that, but that doesn't mean the character himself is that. If he was then why would he constantly listen to advice of the female supporting characters or promote Andromeda to her position? I'm just really tired of fans hating comic namor.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Atlantis has to have their own equivalent of the Sorcerer Supreme. A society as old as it is and as steeped in mysticism as it is, must have serious temples or some type of schools of learning of it's own within the higher levels of Atlantean ruling structure and culture. This is a society that has literally met it's god, it's monarchy claims it's bloodline is divine (not unusual tbh) and literal blood has magical properties, and the King as access to may items of magic power like the Horn of Proteus and the Trident of Neptune. We know one of the 10 or so sorcerers that heard the call to the Temple of the Three, in the Triumph & Torment book, to choose a new Sorcerer Supreme was an Atlantean named Tareva. It's unclear if her answer to this call would have been sanctioned by the Atlantean elite, or if she even asked their opinion, as it seemed the call was quite personal to the individuals called. I wonder if it wouldn't be more interesting if the Atlantean clergy(?) or the heads of Atlantean mystical power didn't even acknowledge the role or title of the Sorcerer Supreme, as the culture(s) that developed this role are actually younger than Atlantis and Atlantean magic. Could they see the Sorcerer Supreme as sort of just another human sorcerer, albeit a powerful one? Sort of how Islam sees Christ? By that I mean, to Christians, Christ is the Messiah and the key to Heaven and divine power, but to Muslims, Christ is revered and respected, but only as one of many Prophets of God, and not the Messiah that Christians see.

Atlantis has to have their own equivalent of the Sorcerer Supreme. A society as old as it is and as steeped in mysticism as it is, must have serious temples or some type of schools of learning of it's own within the higher levels of Atlantean ruling structure and culture. This is a society that has literally met it's god, it's monarchy claims it's bloodline is divine (not unusual tbh) and literal blood has magical properties, and the King as access to may items of magic power like the Horn of Proteus and the Trident of Neptune. We know one of the 10 or so sorcerers that heard the call to the Temple of the Three, in the Triumph & Torment book, to choose a new Sorcerer Supreme was an Atlantean named Tareva. It's unclear if her answer to this call would have been sanctioned by the Atlantean elite, or if she even asked their opinion, as it seemed the call was quite personal to the individuals called. I wonder if it wouldn't be more interesting if the Atlantean clergy(?) or the heads of Atlantean mystical power didn't even acknowledge the role or title of the Sorcerer Supreme, as the culture(s) that developed this role are actually younger than Atlantis and Atlantean magic. Could they see the Sorcerer Supreme as sort of just another human sorcerer, albeit a powerful one? Sort of how Islam sees Christ? By that I mean, to Christians, Christ is the Messiah and the key to Heaven and divine power, but to Muslims, Christ is revered and respected, but only as one of many Prophets of God, and not the Messiah that Christians see.
    Stuart Moore created the Logomancer, who was some sort royal magician ... though it did involve some sort of physical / spiritual transformation. But yes, I think there were / are Atlantean magic users. The one you pointed out in Triumph and Torment, for example. Naga, though he was a Lemurian. The pre-sunken Atlantean sorcerers. Adrenia? the magic user in Fear Itself the Deep. And Blood Witch from Defenders of the Deep. And yes! Wasn't Socus a priest? There's definitely some cross over with the priesthood.

That's an interesting take. What lots of writers forget is that Strange isn't just Earth's Sorcerer Supreme but this entire dimension. There should definitely be alien Sorcerer Supreme that we haven't seen, as well as various sects. Plus various disciplines that aren't even aware of Strange or that title / job. I mean, do druids need to or are able to deal in the same dimensional magics that Strange uses, when they are concerned / tied to Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I didn't know clea's comic was featuring atlantean stuff, I will have to check it out.

I would love another Doctor Strange and Namor team up, there was one in the Marvel Team Up comic, where Namor went to Strange for help.
    Neither even touched on Atlantis, though I think there was a panel of Namor (and the Avengers?) standing there watching this new city appear. I'll see if I can find it. But they were definitely in the Atlantean sphere -- but writers just ignore that, like they apparently are going to ignore Atlantis in the Darkhold series or the first / only? civilization that has used a science / magic combo in books.

Strange also visits Namor regularly for help.

Well yes, I know there are Atlantean magic users and seemingly priests of all sorts, but I meant specifically I wonder if there is an elite class or single highest title of sorcerer in Atlantean society. Something that they view as their own equivalent to the Sorcerer Supreme, or even beyond that. As we know, the Atlantean elite can be pretty, well, elitist lol I can imagine some serious snobbery and arrogance in the secreted off world of Atlantean magic. Plus I'm also sure there would be a huge legitimate inheritance of magical knowledge being passed down from the deep past that is available nowhere else but in Atlantis.

The thing about the Sorcerer Supreme being the protector/defender of this entire dimension is hard to swallow. I get that he stops Dormammu or Nightmare from crossing over, but I mean, we barely see him outside of NY or the USA, forget fighting mystical threats in China, or on the Skrull homeworld or facing off against whatever god the Brood worship or whatever. I know it's just comics, and I absolutely love Dr. Strange, but it's always been such a convenience that when Dormammu tries to create a rift between dimensions it isn't in some part of the universe that is so far from Earth that we don't even have a name for it.

Me too! I'll never tire of their interactions (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Strange also visits Namor regularly for help.
    Indeed. One of my favorites is from Lifeline

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-28-2023 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Yeah, I think Imp has a thread on all the villains wanting to get their hands on Namor. LOL!

Was this the first appearance for Thanos too? Or was it the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Also I'm just really annoyed with how constantly fans say comic!namor is misogynistic. Arrogance doesn't equal misogyny, misogyny means a hatred of women, and lol, have they seen Namor??? he loves women. The Namor/Sue/Reed and Namor/Emma/Scott stuff is where most of this talk comes from, and yeah there are misogynistic writers, everyone knows comics has that, but that doesn't mean the character himself is that. If he was then why would he constantly listen to advice of the female supporting characters or promote Andromeda to her position? I'm just really tired of fans hating comic namor.
    I have come to the conclusion that Namor incurs alot of haters, for reasons I shouldn't speculate on here. Most are actually ignorant of the character. But regardless, haters are going to hate.

If you are talking about the MCU Namor fans ... it's ignorance, and the Sue Sexual Assault Slander Squad and their jihad. It amazes me how many people, both the fans and haters, don't realize how much Coogler pulled from the comics for MCU Namor.

And think I've said this before, but if a writer is writing Namor as misogynistic, then he's writing him wrong. Everett wrote Namor surrounded by women. Stan Lee definitely gave a nod to this with Sue and Wanda and Dorma, and Roy Thomas understood it clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Me too! I'll never tire of their interactions (XD)

This explains why Strange and Namor can get along. When Namor is clearly ticked off about being possessed, Strange smooths things over with compliments and ego stroking. LOL!