Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Nooooo don't get rid of Dr. Dorcas!!! lol. I actually think he would be a great source for a villain who constantly makes monsters of men and sends them out into the world or to fight namor or for his experiments. Like the last sighting of him had him all star fish man like and i think having a monstrous unethical scientist is a great plot in addition to the atlantean mad scientists, lol. I just didn't like Dr Hydro because he was boring.
    Ugh, Dr. Hydro. Another terribly named character. Also, what makes him think the Atlanteans want invading airbreathers?

sounds like Doombot would replace him with an Atlantean mad scientist. I did think that star fish monster Dr. Dorcas was pretty cool looking. But that name ...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    LoL!

I knew someone who had a family member named Dorcas. It was a woman. At first, I thought she was insulting this person. When I realized she was just saying her name, I could not stop laughing.

The name Dorcas still makes me laugh.
    Yes! It's supposed to be a woman's name. Most unfortunate.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ugh, Dr. Hydro. Another terribly named character. Also, what makes him think the Atlanteans want invading airbreathers?

sounds like Doombot would replace him with an Atlantean mad scientist. I did think that star fish monster Dr. Dorcas was pretty cool looking. But that name ...

Yes! It's supposed to be a woman's name. Most unfortunate.
    LOL! As kids, we would say it to each other, but always males. We never called a girl a dorcas, lol.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I posted a chunky breakdown of this idea(s) back in 2020? 2019?, it's been a while. I could post it again if anyone's interested, but I know I've been spamming the thread like mad this week already.
    I don't think of it as spamming at all, but sharing enthusiasm for Namor and his world. I'd love to see it.

Well, I tend to ignore the Old Kings and even the Aqueos because I hate them, but even so Antarctica and the Southern Ocean are absolutely huge. Namor needs to have discovered the area as a child living in Thakorr's Atlantis, so it can't be too far, but I imagine Namor exploring quite a bit, especially as a bright kid with few friends. Plus the area for centuries was the centre of undersea civilization, so other cities, even old evil ones are to be expected, as they interacted. It's kind of like expecting Australia or Africa to only have one city, and then be like, no more, we're all full here! Also, being in the Southern Ocean gives you easy access to every other ocean, except the Arctic. I also imagined Namor would believe his enemies would never think his new Atlantis would be in the same region as his childhood one.

Very big area. And of course, there's no lines dividing things up in real life, take those lines and colours away and the region is even bigger. Good luck finding something down there, especially if it's underground.
    Great map! I never thought about how central it would be to other areas. I'm watching a few documentaries about Antarctica now. They show just how amazing the Atlanteans are to wander around there. And yes, we've got lots about Namor doing that as a kid, thanks to Everett's young Namor diaries.

I think Namor got rid of the Aqueos (which could have worked, if there weren't treated like a race of hidden monsters related to Dracula) but I do love the idea of ancient Lovecraftian cities located there., I think the Old Kings could be used for another epic story line, if they old scrolls were right, or they ended up a part of a religious conflict. Or if Namor had to deal with more fall out from them, because he's basically been left in charge of them. Arguably, there's some reason why they are down there in Antarctica or why the Atlanteans weren't until Tha-Korr moved them down there.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Doombot you need to write a fanfic of your ideas or better yet! a fancomic with all your awesome art, it would be very cool.
    YES!!!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

LOL! As kids, we would say it to each other, but always males. We never called a girl a dorcas, lol.
    Exactly. How Roy didn't realize that is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Subby looks great!

All the characters look very nice.

I wish Simon was in his green costume though.
    Alex Ross is the master. I'm more familiar with this costume so I'm cool with it. Though the green one would have stood out more.
    Agreed. For what it's worth, the green outfit will always be my favorite (T^T)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. For what it's worth, the green outfit will always be my favorite (T^T)

Nope. Sorry K, I'm going to have to disagree with you there. That green outfit is too busy and Christmasy for me.

Admittedly, I'm not a big Simon fan, but I feel his Ionic look is best.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Has there ever been a recorded speed of how fast Namor can fly?

I know that Black Panther (2009) #1 shared how fast he swam but I don't ever recall seeing his flight speed? How fast would you all think Namor can fly?

I personally feel Namor can fly in quick sprints the most, and long air travel only happens if he's crossing country/land without a direct water route.

My thinking for fastest characters has always been:

Land - Quicksilver
    Air- Northstar
    Water - Namor
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 03-27-2023 at 03:19 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I would only assume, if he can swim as fast a Quinjet, he'd have to be faster in the air, no?

(I've always absolutely loved this scene btw)
    Last edited by Doombot; 03-27-2023 at 04:22 PM.

I would only assume, if he can swim as fast a Quinjet, he'd have to be faster in the air, no?
    Would we say he's as fast as Northstar in the air or faster?

I don't know much about Northstar to be honest. Oddly enough, besides Quicksilver, I'm not very aware of Marvel speedsters. You don't have that constant "Who's fastest" or "Who's the most X" like with DC characters. I've always heard that kind of arguing more from those characters and I'm not even someone who reads DC.

I'm not sure who would even be in the ranking at Marvel. Are we talking mortals? I would assume you'd agree characters like Thor and definitely Silver Surfer are in another class than Northstar or Namor?

I don't know much about Northstar to be honest. Oddly enough, besides Quicksilver, I'm not very aware of Marvel speedsters. You don't have that constant "Who's fastest" or "Who's the most X" like with DC characters. I've always heard that kind of arguing more from those characters and I'm not even someone who reads DC.

I'm not sure who would even be in the ranking at Marvel. Are we talking mortals? I would assume you'd agree characters like Thor and definitely Silver Surfer are in another class than Northstar or Namor?
    Tbh it's more for scientific curiosity and me trying to calculate how many hours/days it would take Namor to move across long distances if he didn't have a water route. I try not to pay attention to those "who is better" online fights because often times its just about popularity. I am strictly speaking of characters who move under their own power and not by a enhanced or magical object like Thor's Hammer or Silver Surfer's surfboard.

They say Northstar's top speed is: "99% of the speed of light (186, 272 miles per second in a vacuum)" but he doesn't go more than 60 miles an hour if he is carrying someone. So that's from the Marvel Wiki.

Hrm, whatever the speed of the Quinjet, even if Namor doubled that out of water, it's still not light speed. So guess Northstar takes it.

Of course that doesn't answer the question of how fast Namor is really. He's definitely not lightspeed (or 1% shy of) but there's a big gap between lightspeed and an airplane for instance.

This brings up questions of most of Namor's abilities, like how strong should he be, his other less know abilities, healing etc. I know he has like super sight, not just the ability to see in near complete darkness, but also the tiniest of details at great distances.
    Last edited by Doombot; 03-27-2023 at 05:46 PM.

Hrm, whatever the speed of the Quinjet, even if Namor doubled that out of water, it's still not light speed. So guess Northstar takes it.
    This is what people forget. Namor should be one of the fastest characters out there, because he's incredibly fast underwater, which has far more resistance and makes people move slower. If he can swim fast enough to make whirlpools, out of the water, he should be blindingly fast.

That said, he's not Quicksilver or light speed fast.

Of course that doesn't answer the question of how fast Namor is really. He's definitely not lightspeed (or 1% shy of) but there's a big gap between lightspeed and an airplane for instance.

This brings up questions of most of Namor's abilities, like how strong should he be, his other less know abilities, healing etc. I know he has like super sight, not just the ability to see in near complete darkness, but also the tiniest of details at great distances.
    We've seen Namor catch missiles, so he is fast.