Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    David
    @NYCdjSuperDave
    Namor The Sub-Mariner #Namor #TheSubMariner #TenochHuerta #WakandaForever #MarvelComics
    I do like the original and the modern takes. Similar enough yet different enough!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hello and happy new year Namor Nation! I come baring gifts, and a strong start to the new year!

I got my friend Michelle(@meshellewaffleo) to do Namorita with me a while back, and when I was at the Wakanda Forever premiere I met midnightcostuming who did comic Namora. We shot this in December and just got the photos back!

THUS I PRESENT TO YOU...

THE COUSINS!
    Namor, Namorita, Namora

Last edited by namorcosplay; 01-17-2023 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post
    Hello and happy new year Namor Nation! I come baring gifts, and a strong start to the new year!

I got my friend Michelle(@meshellewaffleo) to do Namorita with me a while back, and when I was at the Wakanda Forever premiere I met midnightcostuming who did comic Namora. We shot this in December and just got the photos back!

THUS I PRESENT TO YOU...

THE COUSINS!
    Namor, Namorita, Namora

Happy New Year to you!

As always, these are so terrific! Please share that with these lovely ladies too!

I love how you all have different types of gold and gold tones to your costumes and accessories.

Of course, the beautiful beach backdrop with the rocks (lucky, lucky you-all in December on the beach!) is perfect touch.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by namorcosplay View Post

THUS I PRESENT TO YOU...

THE COUSINS!
    Namor, Namorita, Namora

Freaking love this photoshoot! You all look so amazing!!!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Has everyone read conquered shores #4 yet? Thoughts?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

PROXIMITY MEDIA
    @proximitymedia
    We go way back with Kevin Feige and Nate Moore to learn about the 22-year journey to bring Black Panther and Namor to the screen on the latest episode of #WakandaForever Podcast. Listen now on your favorite podcast app or at http://ProximityMedia.com.

I hate Marvel's last minute of figuring out something is great. Guess that means NOW they'll hopefully start putting Namor in more things.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

PROXIMITY MEDIA
    @proximitymedia
    We go way back with Kevin Feige and Nate Moore to learn about the 22-year journey to bring Black Panther and Namor to the screen on the latest episode of #WakandaForever Podcast. Listen now on your favorite podcast app or at http://ProximityMedia.com.

I hate Marvel's last minute of figuring out something is great. Guess that means NOW they'll hopefully start putting Namor in more things.
    You would think. But I'm STILL waiting to hear any announcement of a Namor book, while getting annoyed at Marvel's announced books.

Ah, I'd forgotten that was out today. Thanks for the reminder. Will definitely give it a listen. I wouldn't doubt that Ryan actually read Namor's books for a while, but I'm willing to bet it was Hickman's New Avengers that got him talking about the character for the MCU.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-18-2023 at 11:38 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Has everyone read conquered shores #4 yet? Thoughts?
    Haven't got my copy yet.

Good? Bad? Happy? Mad?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Every week there's a contest where posters can submit a cover matching that week's theme and at the end of the week, the covers are voted on. This week's theme is IMPERIOUS REX! Covers featuring Namor are the topic and I am fairly sure many of you have a favorite cover to submit. At the very least there will be many covers to view there.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...IMPERIOUS-REX!
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Haven't got my copy yet.

Good? Bad? Happy? Mad?
    I mean I knew something bad was going to happen but the most I can say is at least it's not Atlantis itself. lol. Still the ending was a surprise and I'm not sure what to think exactly because Namor seems very erratic in this issue.

PROXIMITY MEDIA
    @proximitymedia

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Every week there's a contest where posters can submit a cover matching that week's theme and at the end of the week, the covers are voted on. This week's theme is IMPERIOUS REX! Covers featuring Namor are the topic and I am fairly sure many of you have a favorite cover to submit. At the very least there will be many covers to view there.

Thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I mean I knew something bad was going to happen but the most I can say is at least it's not Atlantis itself. lol. Still the ending was a surprise and I'm not sure what to think exactly because Namor seems very erratic in this issue.
    Okay, got my issue. And no. NOT happy.

I mean, knowing Cantwell, I wasn't exactly expecting a happy ending, but O_O.

Cantwell's Namor is definitely off, what I consider Namor. Partly, because he's really leaning into the awfulness of Byrne's blood imbalance. Partly because he's set the story in the future, so clearly this an AU Namor. That said, THIS is not the relationship that our Invaders trio has had. Namor can be a hot head, but not so much with the Invaders now -- especially Jim. From the first issue, I didn't understand WHY Namor was so antagonistic towards Jim. Why was he willing to believe the worst of him? I assumed, there was some past blowout / disagreement that caused the antagonism, but we've only got one more issue, and no where has that been explained.

I found the conversation between Jim and Luke Cage very weird too. Like ... WTF? Like why would Luke say that?

We've only got one issue left, but I honestly don't know how Cantwell will stick this. Especially given the cover, which seems to indicate the plot moving to yet a different conflict. Of course, this makes me wonder if the Atlanteans aren't going to be painted as the villains in this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

Oh, cool! Thank you Iron Maiden! Will have to do some digging as I see some of my favs have already been chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Thanks for checking, Rev. Shame the others got left out.
    Well, it is a new game. They may be yet added. Though if Namor is nerfed, I'm sure the others will be too, so ... The problems of being an underwater prince.

At least he was included, which is more than can be said about so many Marvel games.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I do like the original and the modern takes. Similar enough yet different enough!
    Exactly what I've said repeatedly to people who complain about the costume or say that he doesn't look like Namor. It's checks all the major characteristics of the costume. And the head dress / ceremonial costume is just an outright improvement over the ermine cloak and bucket of spikes crown.

It's tons better than that MCU Warlock costume I just saw. ouch.

Oh, cool! Thank you Iron Maiden! Will have to do some digging as I see some of my favs have already been chosen.
    There is a reason I made my entry before reminding people about the contest.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

I'm just sad we only get to pick one because I love so many covers!

Okay, got my issue. And no. NOT happy.

I mean, knowing Cantwell, I wasn't exactly expecting a happy ending, but O_O.

Cantwell's Namor is definitely off, what I consider Namor. Partly, because he's really leaning into the awfulness of Byrne's blood imbalance. Partly because he's set the story in the future, so clearly this an AU Namor. That said, THIS is not the relationship that our Invaders trio has had. Namor can be a hot head, but not so much with the Invaders now -- especially Jim. From the first issue, I didn't understand WHY Namor was so antagonistic towards Jim. Why was he willing to believe the worst of him? I assumed, there was some past blowout / disagreement that caused the antagonism, but we've only got one more issue, and no where has that been explained.

I found the conversation between Jim and Luke Cage very weird too. Like ... WTF? Like why would Luke say that?

We've only got one issue left, but I honestly don't know how Cantwell will stick this. Especially given the cover, which seems to indicate the plot moving to yet a different conflict. Of course, this makes me wonder if the Atlanteans aren't going to be painted as the villains in this mess.
    I mean, what is left except to wrap up the loose ends of what exactly? maybe jim is spoilers:
    alive
    end of spoilers or maybe not, but in the end the way Namor's personality is changed is very :/ like I could accept in the beginning some things off because, Namor is old (er), he's a retired old man out for one last adventure, he has a lot of regrets etc. but there is a very specific dynamic between Namor, Steve, and Jim and I just didn't get the sense of that here. Yeah Namor and Jim bickered and fought in the golden age but there's also 80+ years of Namor saying Jim was a friend and man he respected, even above Steve and now Namor is saying Steve is better than all of them? Also both Cantwell and Zdarsky have leaned so hard into the "Namor is insane" path and it's not a take I like at all, imo I would rather they leave it out than mangle it, the only time Namor's mental health issues was written well was in Snapshot.