Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

2022 was a great year for Namor ....making his debut in the MCU in Wakanda Forever really boosted interest in the character. Let's hope we get some news in 2023 on where he will be appearing next. I hope we get a team up some day!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-01-2023 at 08:45 AM.

Happy New Year to the Avenging Son and his fans !

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Sorry Rev, I got caught like a fish in a net between your reopening thread posts! (Didn't know there were more coming)

Happy New Year!
    It's cool, Phoenixx. I was equally excited for the new beginning. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    2022 was a great year for Namor ....making his debut in the MCU in Wakanda Forever really boosted interest in the character. Let's hope we get some news in 2023 on where he will be appearing next. I hope we get a team up some day!

One of my favorite pages of the duo. We are loooong overdue! Considering the low Aaron has brought Namor to, this is the perfect time.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to the Avenging Son and his fans !
    Yay! Looking forward to a great year. Hopefully Marvel will help us out there.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Trying to optimistic, but CBR, comic sites and comic news keeps working against me. LOL!

So, I'm thinking of starting a new project. Basically, it's actual fans making lists to counter to these awful CBR lists by people that just don't know our sea prince. I'm starting out with an easy one.

ALL OF NAMOR'S ROMANCES IN THE COMICS, RANKED

1. Sandy Pierce
    2. Sue
    3. Emma
    4. Betty Dean
    5. Lady Dorma
    6. Namora
    7. Marrina

Yes. This ... person, actually thinks Sandy Pierce is Namor's #1 relationship. WTF? Even another CBR Lister, thinks Sandy Pierce's relationship makes zero sense.

Namor is known for being the King of Atlantis, Master of the Seas, and Lord of the Seven Seas, so it's a weird choice for him to date the daughter of an influential man in the oil industry. However, this is exactly what happened. Namor met a human named Sandy as a child, and the two fell in love when they became adults.

Unfortunately for Namor and Sandy, this forbidden romance was so forgotten that it even slipped the writers' minds. There was no break-up for these two, and instead Sandy just stopped appearing in the comics. Namor never mentioned her again, either.
    https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-coupl...make-no-sense/

Emma and Sue above Betty Dean??? Just look at this ranking and then decide if you need to raise your blood pressure with reading their 'reasoning' for it.

Anyway, if you'd like to play, make your own ranked list. You don't have to use these characters. Use whoever you want, and more or less characters. I'll count them up and post a FAN LIST.

Lady Dorma
    Betty Dean
    Emma
    Abira
    Diane Arliss
    Namora
    Marrina
    Carrie Alexander
    Sue
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-01-2023 at 11:13 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    These are great! Thank you for making them and starting Namor Nation's year off right. I'm stealing one for the Quotes section.
    Thank you! very honored to have my edits featured

I got that quote from Sub-Mariner (2007) #1!

sub-mariner revolution 1.jpg
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Trying to optimistic, but CBR, comic sites and comic news keeps working against me. LOL!

So, I'm thinking of starting a new project. Basically, it's actual fans making lists to counter to these awful CBR lists by people that just don't know our sea prince. I'm starting out with an easy one.

1. Sandy Pierce
    2. Sue
    3. Emma
    4. Betty Dean
    5. Lady Dorma
    6. Namora
    7. Marrina

Yes. This ... person, actually thinks Sandy Pierce is Namor's #1 relationship. WTF? Even another CBR Lister, thinks Sandy Pierce's relationship makes zero sense.

https://www.cbr.com/anime-couples-th...ever-happened/

Emma and Sue above Betty Dean??? Just look at this ranking and then decide if you need to raise your blood pressure with reading their 'reasoning' for it.

Anyway, if you'd like to play, make your own ranked list. You don't have to use these characters. Use whoever you want, and more or less characters. I'll count them up and post a FAN LIST.

Lady Dorma
    Betty Dean
    Emma
    Abira
    Diane Arliss
    Namora
    Marrina
    Carrie Alexander
    Sue
    Oh I agree with fans creating their own lists so much! Many CBR writers don't even read the comics! I have several list ideas in mind and I think it would be great to at least source where the characters are from, like which comics would have the best interactions with them. Maybe a list of Namor's romances, bromances, enemies, best storylines, etc.?

Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for Namor, The Sub-Mariner

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-02-2023 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

1. Sandy Pierce
    2. Sue
    3. Emma
    4. Betty Dean
    5. Lady Dorma
    6. Namora
    7. Marrina

Lady Dorma
    Betty Dean
    Emma
    Abira
    Diane Arliss
    Namora
    Marrina
    Carrie Alexander
    Sue
    I always thought when people fell in love, again, that mostly that love was different and therefore "the best" or most special, etc.
    So it seems silly to 'rank' these ladies with Namor.
    Everyone was special, for each of them, and for different reasons.
    Rank if you must.
    But just like TV soap operas, certain characters keep having their skirmish or near skirmish with romance.
    Just the nature of serial fiction and characters who have a certain agenda or concept.
    Namor is the strange visitor from another planet, so a big part of his persona is playing this against
    so called normal women.
    To me this will always be best epitomized by Betty and Sue, in whichever 'rank' you wish.
    They serve the function of being Namor's point of contact with a world that he only partially belongs to.
    Certainly Sue is fashioned from Betty in many ways, but because of the evolution of comics between their eras,
    changing societal mores, etc, more time to have ongoing plots, she clearly plays that role the best.
    Most other women are just possible romances to Namor. Sue, like Betty, will always mean something more, even if most people don't understand why.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

New year, new namor focused blog, new Namor Week prompts! For anyone interested in joining, I made a Namor week blog & twitter just to focus on fandom event submissions and here is the post

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

1. Sandy Pierce
    2. Sue
    3. Emma
    4. Betty Dean
    5. Lady Dorma
    6. Namora
    7. Marrina

Lady Dorma
    Betty Dean
    Emma
    Abira
    Diane Arliss
    Namora
    Marrina
    Carrie Alexander
    Sue
    shakes head.....Emma Frost??? Are they serious? If memory serves, didn't she manipulate him into attacking Wakanda thereby starting the long feud between Namor and Black Panther. The Iron Man fans are ticked off because she will be linked with Tony Stark as his romantic interest. I have always hated this character.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    New year, new namor focused blog, new Namor Week prompts! For anyone interested in joining, I made a Namor week blog & twitter just to focus on fandom event submissions and here is the post

Namor Week 2023!!! It's practically around the corner. Man, you've been busy for your first day of the year. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thank you! very honored to have my edits featured

I got that quote from Sub-Mariner (2007) #1!

sub-mariner revolution 1.jpg
    I should have known it came from that series. But I loved all edits -- if only the forum didn't have the pic limits.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hoping 2023 will be AWESOME for Namor

Great pic from a great arc!

Several places are reporting that BP Wakanda Forever will drop on Disney + on January 20. So, I was off by about a week.

Here's a great article by Cronin about Namor's first black suit.

How Was Namor Cured From Having to Wear His Special Suit?

It appears we owe it to Roy Thomas, and his idea that a costume change to something more superheroey will boost sales -- which is the same thing he tried unsuccessfully with Dr. Strange.

The way Cronin wrote / presented this seems to highlight the Reed / Doom rivalry, with a "win" to Doom. It also makes my point, that the MCU Talokanil shouldn't be blue just on the surface, as that's cynosis. Of course, they did point that out in the movie too, but seemed to ignore what that actually means.

Several places are reporting that BP Wakanda Forever will drop on Disney + on January 20. So, I was off by about a week.
    That would be nice. I still have not seen it yet. I'm very patient I guess.
    It is possible if it is still at theaters in the next week, I might, but I'm nearly too busy.

I just rejoined a gym after 2 years of not (covid stuff), actually longer of course. Training too.

I'm a long time gym person, since the late '80s or earlier, but training was only from 2014 to 2020, before Covid.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all