Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Maka on twitter created a Fen & baby Namor art!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm nor sure about the Hulu rumor tbh, like why would Marvel/Disney give it away if they rights are reverting soon anyways? Not that I care, I just want Namor movies, lol.

I love the interview, it's amazing and I love learning behind the scenes stuff!
    Well, both methods or rights recovery are speculation on the part of people that don't work at Disney. The older one, the idea that the rights revert is based off an interpretation of contracts made before streaming even existed. The newer one seems far more speculative, just based off the idea that talks are upcoming on the Hulu matter. Both, however, are based on the idea that Disney actually wants to recover the rights, which is new, as far as Namor is concerned.

There's a little more in the podcast, which starts about halfway through, but most of the info was in the article. I just loved how they encountered the question that we've asked before -- is comic Namor's hair glued down? LOL!

Also, I was wrong. The Oscars are not tomorrow, but next Sunday.

Maka on twitter created a Fen & baby Namor art!

That's adorable!

It reminds me ... how old do you think MCU Namor was when his mother died? Because it appears she was quite old, while Namor looked like still, what, 10? I mean, was he actually like 40 years old, while looking like he was 10 years old? It was a neat transition in the film, but I don't think they thought it through.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Well, both methods or rights recovery are speculation on the part of people that don't work at Disney. The older one, the idea that the rights revert is based off an interpretation of contracts made before streaming even existed. The newer one seems far more speculative, just based off the idea that talks are upcoming on the Hulu matter. Both, however, are based on the idea that Disney actually wants to recover the rights, which is new, as far as Namor is concerned.

There's a little more in the podcast, which starts about halfway through, but most of the info was in the article. I just loved how they encountered the question that we've asked before -- is comic Namor's hair glued down? LOL!

Also, I was wrong. The Oscars are not tomorrow, but next Sunday.

That's adorable!

It reminds me ... how old do you think MCU Namor was when his mother died? Because it appears she was quite old, while Namor looked like still, what, 10? I mean, was he actually like 40 years old, while looking like he was 10 years old? It was a neat transition in the film, but I don't think they thought it through.
    I will be listening to the podcast later, lol. Can't wait for the oscars, I really hope the movies wins alot.

I think mcu Namor was at most 10-12 physically while mentally he might have been like 80? so if he ages every 10 years for 80-100 years depending on how old Fen was when she had Namor, maybe early twenties, and when she actually died, maybe 80-100? then that would put him at the 500 year mark as almost looking 50ish? i think, unless he ages up to a point and was "frozen" in that age physically. In the comics some teens call Namor "part of the 30 year old crowd" so I've never seen Namor as some young 20 year old except during his invaders era. but everything else I Imagine him to be in his mid 30s-40s.

I will be listening to the podcast later, lol. Can't wait for the oscars, I really hope the movies wins alot.

I think mcu Namor was at most 10-12 physically while mentally he might have been like 80? so if he ages every 10 years for 80-100 years depending on how old Fen was when she had Namor, maybe early twenties, and when she actually died, maybe 80-100? then that would put him at the 500 year mark as almost looking 50ish? i think, unless he ages up to a point and was "frozen" in that age physically. In the comics some teens call Namor "part of the 30 year old crowd" so I've never seen Namor as some young 20 year old except during his invaders era. but everything else I Imagine him to be in his mid 30s-40s.
    Okay, so I wasn't the only one who thought MCU Namor was much older than he looked. That's an interesting bit ... imagine looking like a child for so long, amongst normal humans. Or was he aging mentally as quickly?

Yeah, I tend to think comic Namor aged up to a certain point, and then sort of stopped. MCU Namor, of course, will be a little different, since they'll have to take into account the actor aging. I think they should go ahead and introduce his kids in his show.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Okay, so I wasn't the only one who thought MCU Namor was much older than he looked. That's an interesting bit ... imagine looking like a child for so long, amongst normal humans. Or was he aging mentally as quickly?

Yeah, I tend to think comic Namor aged up to a certain point, and then sort of stopped. MCU Namor, of course, will be a little different, since they'll have to take into account the actor aging. I think they should go ahead and introduce his kids in his show.
    I personally think child mcu!Namor aged mentally much faster than his body, maybe not quite and adult but much older than a child, because even though we saw very little of him his somber attitude, the no hesitation decision to strike at the colonizers, and his command of his people speak about a child prince who has spent years prehaps commanding his people and understanding the world. He must have also spent many years learning their history and other lessons. Of course it's all speculation but I think they should def get moving with the Namor movies (3! I hope!) so that they can shoot it all back to back so if the actors want to move on they can, and I really don't want them to replace the child Namor actor because I think he did a good job and would be great if they expanded some flashbacks to his teen years etc.

I personally think child mcu!Namor aged mentally much faster than his body, maybe not quite and adult but much older than a child, because even though we saw very little of him his somber attitude, the no hesitation decision to strike at the colonizers, and his command of his people speak about a child prince who has spent years prehaps commanding his people and understanding the world. He must have also spent many years learning their history and other lessons. Of course it's all speculation but I think they should def get moving with the Namor movies (3! I hope!) so that they can shoot it all back to back so if the actors want to move on they can, and I really don't want them to replace the child Namor actor because I think he did a good job and would be great if they expanded some flashbacks to his teen years etc.
    I love the idea of shooting the movies back to back, which would help with a lot of my concerns about Tenoch's age, and the child actor, who I didn't think of.

I don't think Marvel has done it, unless you count Cap First Avenger, but there's so much history left untouched, they COULD do entire movies / shows set in Namor's past. Though I think think that's part of the problem with the comics, is that we haven't gotten anything with Namor set in the present, moving the character forward. The last two mini-series are set in the past or in the future.

The age disparity between the physical appearance age and mental age is troublesome when you think about it. I mean, how long was he physically an infant? I can imagine a child prince with an adult intelligence, but how frustrating for an adult to be trapped in an infant's body? It would be like Alia Atreides, but much worse.

This week's comics:

Casselli variant cover for this week's Avengers. This is part 8, so maybe the next to last issue?

Black Panther 15 -- don't know how much panel space Namor will have, since this is the finale. But hopefully we'll have some idea how this new treaty plays out.

Last edited by Reviresco; 03-06-2023 at 12:29 PM.

I just watched the second episode of Voices Rising, the Music of Wakanda Forever on Disney+. Wow. Ludwig got robbed for a Oscar nomination, if not a win. It's amazing.

The first epidsode was good, it talked about going to Nigeria for the Wakanda parts of the score, but I had seen something similar in a behind the scenes for the first movie. But the second episode is goes to Mexico and the Yucatan, and it shows you the instruments and how they were played that musicans had reconstructed from the codices and sculptures of the Maya. Plus how Ludwig got together with newer voices in the contemporary Mexican music scene and wrote music for the film. It's just amazing. I'm not a music person and I was totally blown away. I had already loved discovering Blue Rojo and Foudeqush, both of whom have amazing unique voices, but seeing them work here, was great. And how the song Árboles Bajo El Mar (the song that plays when Namor is delivering the origin of him and his people) by Vivir Quintana and Mare Advertencia Lirika is created is stunning.

If you are interested in film and music and how that supports the themes of the movie, then definitely watch this. It really makes me wonder how Namor will fare under a different director and his crew, because you can see just how much though went into their decisions and how they see characters, especially Namor, in this episode. And yes, there's also some interviews with Tenoch, who apparently was there during some performances.

Going to pick up my comics, so I haven't read it yet, but just look at this "diplomatic" outfit German Peralta put Namor in a throwaway panel in today's Black Panther. If you have to cover Namor up, this is one goregous way to do it. It's like a 1000 times better than that lounging suit Bachalo threw on a cover for Namor Hell Fire Gala outfit. Yes, STILL salty over that.

Also, please let this be a sign that the long hair and facial scruff is going away.

THIS LOOK IS SO GOOD. It's one million times better than the actual Hellfire Gala look, and I will always be salty with you XD

As for the series itself and how it ended I couldn't help but chuckle because Namor has been kicked off his throne so many times that T'Challa getting exiled this time kinda pales in comparasion but honestly this writer isn't very good at all, why is T'Challa so dead set on hating Namor after everything, at this point it just feels like Marvel has "T'Challa must hate Namor on sight" or something, or maybe it's just the writer making everyone hostile, because this writer is terrible with Steve's character too, just the way writers have the whole Steve & Namor dynamic so wrong lately??? I wanna say it started with Aaron because Steve treating Namor like trash and telling him to shut up and stuff isn't what usually happens between them. oh well, at least this series is over and I hope Black Panther fans get a better writers.

The art is amazing tho, I love the way this artist draws.

I still need to catch up on so many behind the scenes stuff like the podcast and the music one you mentioned, but it's been busy lately, lol.

THIS LOOK IS SO GOOD. It's one million times better than the actual Hellfire Gala look, and I will always be salty with you XD
    It really is. Makes me so mad at that lazy Hellfire Gala look we got saddled with. I mean, Peralta put more design and thought and love into this one panel, than Bachalo did for a variant cover.

Plus, he also gave us properly teched out Atlanteans.

As for the series itself and how it ended I couldn't help but chuckle because Namor has been kicked off his throne so many times that T'Challa getting exiled this time kinda pales in comparasion but honestly this writer isn't very good at all, why is T'Challa so dead set on hating Namor after everything, at this point it just feels like Marvel has "T'Challa must hate Namor on sight" or something, or maybe it's just the writer making everyone hostile, because this writer is terrible with Steve's character too, just the way writers have the whole Steve & Namor dynamic so wrong lately??? I wanna say it started with Aaron because Steve treating Namor like trash and telling him to shut up and stuff isn't what usually happens between them. oh well, at least this series is over and I hope Black Panther fans get a better writers.

The art is amazing tho, I love the way this artist draws.

I still need to catch up on so many behind the scenes stuff like the podcast and the music one you mentioned, but it's been busy lately, lol.

TBH, I don't care what's the deal, as long as this FINALLY settles the Atlantis and Wakanda mess once and for all. And may they never cross paths again. I am happy to see that the Atlanteans aren't going to stay in Wakanda, like I was afraid was going to happen. Hopefully the BP fans will get a better writter with their new ongoing, and even more importantly, hopefully Marvel gets their ducks in a row and gives us our loooooooooooooong overdue Namor ongoing.

Yes, I got my copy and there wasn't alot of Namor, and most of it was pretty much snotty Namor, but he didn't get wholly trashed, as I feared he would, and we got that great outfit at the end.

This Steve panel was terrible. Namor can be far more eloquent when trashing T'challa and if you want Steve (I Beat Unresisting Black Men Who Are Supposed to Be My Friends to Pulp) Rogers to be totally OOC about his relationship with Namor, then don't expect Namor to take that nonsense from Steve without a word. He should have at the very least told Steve that he doesn't need to strain himself, because Namor isn't wasting his time playing with the Avengers anymore.

I still cringe over that issue, Steve beating T'Challa was terrible.

But yeah, Namor has a sharp tongue and I'm sick of writers just letting other characters insult him without him snapping back. Namor needs to be off The Avengers and in his own book.

However while I agree that Namor should be kept away from black panther comics and the whole Wakanda vs Atlantis war should be done, I just don't see it happening anytime soon, so I wonder if the next writer will pick up this plot thread in their series?

I still cringe over that issue, Steve beating T'Challa was terrible.

But yeah, Namor has a sharp tongue and I'm sick of writers just letting other characters insult him without him snapping back. Namor needs to be off The Avengers and in his own book.

However while I agree that Namor should be kept away from black panther comics and the whole Wakanda vs Atlantis war should be done, I just don't see it happening anytime soon, so I wonder if the next writer will pick up this plot thread in their series?
    I hope not. T'challa is supposed to be banished, so there shouldn't be any conflict there. And from what I heard, the new writer wants to write Black Panther Noir -- which shouldn't involve Namor at all. Plus every writer since Hickman has totally ignored that it was actually Shuri who sneak attacked Atlantis while they were under truce, so hopefully that will continue. Despite what a completely misinformed T'challa said in this book, Namor has more times than not, been the peacemaker. Namor gets peace for Atlantis and keeps T'challa out of Wakanda by keeping the treaty -- it's a win win for him. Not to mention, us fans can FINALLY have this mess put away.

Yes, it was beyond awful. But unlike Namor, Steve's OOC actions and speech will be put down to bad writing and corrected in various guest appearances and his own ongoing. And like I said, Namor isn't going to be on the Avengers anymore, and the way Aaron writes them, Steve doesn't even want Namor on the Avengers, so it's the perfect time for Namor to give Steve the well deserved finger.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-09-2023 at 09:17 AM.

One day out and Namor fans already are appreciating German Peralta's lovely design. Bless the Namor fans who always deliver while Marvel ignores opportunities for their first superhero.

https://twitter.com/gummyyshin/statu...082687488?s=20