Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Gummy's art is so cute!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I hope not. T'challa is supposed to be banished, so there shouldn't be any conflict there. And from what I heard, the new writer wants to write Black Panther Noir -- which shouldn't involve Namor at all. Plus every writer since Hickman has totally ignored that it was actually Shuri who sneak attacked Atlantis while they were under truce, so hopefully that will continue. Despite what a completely misinformed T'challa said in this book, Namor has more times than not, been the peacemaker. Namor gets peace for Atlantis and keeps T'challa out of Wakanda by keeping the treaty -- it's a win win for him. Not to mention, us fans can FINALLY have this mess put away.

Yes, it was beyond awful. But unlike Namor, Steve's OOC actions and speech will be put down to bad writing and corrected in various guest appearances and his own ongoing. And like I said, Namor isn't going to be on the Avengers anymore, and the way Aaron writes them, Steve doesn't even want Namor on the Avengers, so it's the perfect time for Namor to give Steve the well deserved finger.

Yeah, it's beyond frustrating how everyone assumes everything Namor says/does is 100% in character but will defend other characters from bad writing. :/ For once I would love to see a writer examine the Steve and Namor dynamic from Namor's perspective, other writers are good or ok but it's always done from Steve's POV. Of course that won't happen until Namor gets a solo which isn't happening EVEN THOUGH Tenoch is winning awards for playing Namor, is hugely popular, and has a big fanbase waiting!

I will be looking into the new Black Panther series because I love Noir stuff but other than waiting for Namor to pop up there is nothing much going on comic wise. I don't believe the rumors of Namor only getting a Disney+ special because there's no way the MCU put all that effort into the Talokans just to ignore them, so I think they are biding their time for an announcement of something.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Gummy's art is so cute!!!

Yeah, it's beyond frustrating how everyone assumes everything Namor says/does is 100% in character but will defend other characters from bad writing. :/ For once I would love to see a writer examine the Steve and Namor dynamic from Namor's perspective, other writers are good or ok but it's always done from Steve's POV. Of course that won't happen until Namor gets a solo which isn't happening EVEN THOUGH Tenoch is winning awards for playing Namor, is hugely popular, and has a big fanbase waiting!

I will be looking into the new Black Panther series because I love Noir stuff but other than waiting for Namor to pop up there is nothing much going on comic wise. I don't believe the rumors of Namor only getting a Disney+ special because there's no way the MCU put all that effort into the Talokans just to ignore them, so I think they are biding their time for an announcement of something.
    I really do like this art. It's adorable.

I'd like to be hopeful, but some days it is just depressing to see how little both sides of Marvel is doing. I mean, going by solicitations, we have NOTHING to look forward to through May. Judging from Marvel Comics, I really think the next thing we'll see is f***ing Ghost Rider in the MCU. SMH.

Yep. As we've complained repeatedly, part of the problem is that Namor doesn't have his own book. At this point, people's opinions about Namor are shaped entirely from a guest appearance, where he's being used to boost another character. They have ZERO idea how the character has been portrayed for decades in his own book. And yes, I would be cheering if Namor got to tell off both Steve and Sue in his own book. Lady Dorma was so right in trying to shove Sue out the airlock all those decades ago. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I really do like this art. It's adorable.

I'd like to be hopeful, but some days it is just depressing to see how little both sides of Marvel is doing. I mean, going by solicitations, we have NOTHING to look forward to through May. Judging from Marvel Comics, I really think the next thing we'll see is f***ing Ghost Rider in the MCU. SMH.

Yep. As we've complained repeatedly, part of the problem is that Namor doesn't have his own book. At this point, people's opinions about Namor are shaped entirely from a guest appearance, where he's being used to boost another character. They have ZERO idea how the character has been portrayed for decades in his own book. And yes, I would be cheering if Namor got to tell off both Steve and Sue in his own book. Lady Dorma was so right in trying to shove Sue out the airlock all those decades ago. LOL!
    To be honest I'm very dishearted these days on the subject of Namor getting any good attention, because I really thought all we needed was for him to be in a movie because literally every character who gets into the mcu gets a comic but as I said before apparently Namor is the exception. :/ So I've been very busy with RL and working on Namor Week prompts to keep up like I used to but after April I will devote myself back to my namor comic cataloguing. It seems all I can do with Marvel is wait.

Lol, for once I would actually love for Namor to be the one who stands up and rejects them both, like Steve for pushing his surface world views and morals on Namor and for Namor to kill the thing that is called NamorSue. I just want to be free from the bad writing cycle he's been stuck in.

After spending too much time on social media, I'm reminded yet again why Namor needs to be completely divorced from anything that has to do with Black Panther. I really have no idea what movie these people watched, but holy cow, it wasn't the movie I watched repeatedly. I really felt Coogler had a great take on Namor, and am worried what other film makers will do to with MCU Namor, but man, is his movie making wasted on some people.

I also think that Namor, both in movies and comics, makes some people uncomfortable, which seems to be baked into the origin of the character, but why that's more of a problem now, in more liberal times is a mystery to me.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

To be honest I'm very dishearted these days on the subject of Namor getting any good attention, because I really thought all we needed was for him to be in a movie because literally every character who gets into the mcu gets a comic but as I said before apparently Namor is the exception. :/ So I've been very busy with RL and working on Namor Week prompts to keep up like I used to but after April I will devote myself back to my namor comic cataloguing. It seems all I can do with Marvel is wait.

Lol, for once I would actually love for Namor to be the one who stands up and rejects them both, like Steve for pushing his surface world views and morals on Namor and for Namor to kill the thing that is called NamorSue. I just want to be free from the bad writing cycle he's been stuck in.
    Seriously. You could hear me screaming from anywhere on the planet if it appeared in a comic. And I guess being free from bad writing is the up side of Namor not appearing anywhere through May. Oh wait. I forgot. We'll have some Namor whenever Hickman throws him into the Illuminati again. Oh joy.

I felt the same about the movie getting us a comic. I guess it is time to once again for fans to create our own Namor content, since Marvel FAILS.

I think I'm also down because I STILL haven't been able to recover anything from my dead computer. I mean ALL the pics that were coming out during MCU Namor's debut. sob Plus all my comic scans. double sob
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-10-2023 at 06:02 PM.

These are great! I don't remember seeing most of these when the mini-series came out. Have to say, I really like that first, short haired one -- I hated the goatee. Also wondering about the scar. Interesting.

After spending too much time on social media, I'm reminded yet again why Namor needs to be completely divorced from anything that has to do with Black Panther. I really have no idea what movie these people watched, but holy cow, it wasn't the movie I watched repeatedly. I really felt Coogler had a great take on Namor, and am worried what other film makers will do to with MCU Namor, but man, is his movie making wasted on some people.

I also think that Namor, both in movies and comics, makes some people uncomfortable, which seems to be baked into the origin of the character, but why that's more of a problem now, in more liberal times is a mystery to me.
    Yeah, I have been... trying to stay out of the MCU Fandom for the most part because I've had bad experiences in the past and currently it's not worth the aggravation of seeing the 100th bad take in a row. The entire "Namor is a gaslighter and manipulator" thing is so annoying, that only makes sense if you view it from the shipping lens of Namor/Shuri which again, there was not meant to be a romance, but whatever people will ship what they want. Coogler's take on Namor was far better than anything I expected and the movie actually treated him better than the current comics do. Mcu!Namor is wonderfully complex just like Comic!Namor. So I just go into the mcu fandom for arts or fun stuff and try to stay away from the discourse. lol.

Seriously. You could hear me screaming from anywhere on the planet if it appeared in a comic. And I guess being free from bad writing is the up side of Namor not appearing anywhere through May. Oh wait. I forgot. We'll have some Namor whenever Hickman throws him into the Illuminati again. Oh joy.

I felt the same about the movie getting us a comic. I guess it is time to once again for fans to create our own Namor content, since Marvel FAILS.

I think I'm also down because I STILL haven't been able to recover anything from my dead computer. I mean ALL the pics that were coming out during MCU Namor's debut. sob Plus all my comic scans. double sob
    That's the way of it, it seems, only the fans (and a select few creators) actually care about the character ):

Aww Rev, I'm sad to hear that. I can give you access to my catalogue files once I have some time off to reorganize them and upload them to a drive online to share with you, which I am trying to focus on once I get through all my Namor Week prompts. I've saved a bunch of stuff over the years, and my long term plan was to slowly upload them to the Namor blog over time. lol.

These are great! I don't remember seeing most of these when the mini-series came out. Have to say, I really like that first, short haired one -- I hated the goatee. Also wondering about the scar. Interesting.
    The artist only uploaded them about 3 weeks ago and I stumbled on them by accident on instagram, I freaking HATE instagram, but I dive in there once in a while to find Namor content. lol.

The artist only uploaded them about 3 weeks ago and I stumbled on them by accident on instagram, I freaking HATE instagram, but I dive in there once in a while to find Namor content. lol.
    Instagram used to be so much better, but they've locked stuff down, and it's all aimed at phone apps, and have added weirdness like Stories and Reels, which I don't understand why, and Stories are ephemeral, so WTF? It makes it impossible to find anything there. On the plus side there's a lot less toxicity there than on Twitter.

Aww Rev, I'm sad to hear that. I can give you access to my catalogue files once I have some time off to reorganize them and upload them to a drive online to share with you, which I am trying to focus on once I get through all my Namor Week prompts. I've saved a bunch of stuff over the years, and my long term plan was to slowly upload them to the Namor blog over time. lol.
    Thanks! I'm going to keep trying. I'm not tech savvy enough, but I'm going to keep reading. I might end up going to a professional, but I think they START at $60 bucks. I do have some scans in Photobucket, but they went behind a paywall, and I downloaded those to my phone, then transferred them to the old computer which was a PITA -- made worse, by me having to rename all those files! I mean, I had to identify the comic, and then the page number, just from looking at the panels. And then ID and delete multiple pics.

I have one other old computer, I'm going to take it apart this weekend, and see what scans I have on there. But so many Tenoch pics which I'd organized and named. sob.

I am TOTALLY investing in back ups when this is over.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 03-10-2023 at 06:44 PM.

Yeah, I have been... trying to stay out of the MCU Fandom for the most part because I've had bad experiences in the past and currently it's not worth the aggravation of seeing the 100th bad take in a row. The entire "Namor is a gaslighter and manipulator" thing is so annoying, that only makes sense if you view it from the shipping lens of Namor/Shuri which again, there was not meant to be a romance, but whatever people will ship what they want. Coogler's take on Namor was far better than anything I expected and the movie actually treated him better than the current comics do. Mcu!Namor is wonderfully complex just like Comic!Namor. So I just go into the mcu fandom for arts or fun stuff and try to stay away from the discourse. lol.
    I haven't run into that much recently on Twitter, but I left it for most of this year and around the holidays, IIRC, so I've missed quite a bit. But there definitely seems to be a few ... mud stirrers. There's a group that insist on couching everything in the Wakanda vs Talokan that is similar to the BP only fans, who have done nothing but blame Namor every since AvX, and have basically rewritten or ignored what actually occurred in the movie or comics. They mad because Shuri didn't follow Killmonger's path and go for an eye for an eye, but completely ignore that the whole reason Ramonda died was because Namor (in part) went for an eye for an eye. Like it's not okay for Namor but it is okay for Shuri??? Like everything Wakanda did was perfect? I don't think so. It's beyond frustrating.

And then there's Namor and Shuri shippers who read something into every detail of the movie, script, interview, etc. and warp the characters unrecognizably. But at least they aren't making it about two different peoples, and are doing so for an AU fandom.... even if they are woobifying Namor terribly.

And yes, that's a shame. There's so much going on with the characters and Coogler's themes, but you can't talk about it because it gets attacked by either the Wakanda Good, Talokan Bad group or by the Wooby Namor group. I don't understand the gaslighting Namor take, but I've wrestled with the idea of some manipulation, or perhaps strategies is the better word, for Namor's actions. We talked a little about it here when the movie dropped, but I've seen the movie a "few" more times and thought a lot more about it. But yes, Coogler gave MCU a lot more dimension than I thought we would get. I'd love to see him do a Namor alone project.

Now that I look at this, I don't think the Old Man Logan universe ever addressed what happened to Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I look at this, I don't think the Old Man Logan universe ever addressed what happened to Namor.
    I haven't read everything from that universe, but he wasn't in what I've read, or was mentioned, AFAIK.

I found this collage artist on Instagram who sells several types of collages made from comic pages in a shadow box type frame. Though he also does some that include the whole comic and I guess pages from another comic. He also takes commissions. Depending on the book and the style prices range from 60 to 150 bucks, and some small ones made from corner boxes or cool ads! Here's his website which has a gallery, shop, etc.

https://www.codakhromecomicshop.com/index.html

Instagram_Codakhrome Comic Shop @codakhromecomicshop.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjTIlksr..._web_copy_link

And here's one for SVTU!

Instagram_@codakhromecomicshop.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpdbxYEv..._web_copy_link

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Beautiful panels by Alex Ross homaging Kirby.

https://www.facebook.com/alexrossart...UJBwY13JcrodUl

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES